IGNORED

Which Duggars do you think will court next?

azombieatemyshoelace

I'm new to FJ, but I have been lurking for about a month. I hope there is not another topic that is already like this.

Anyway, I was wondering who you all think will be the next Duggar(s) to start courting and why? I personally think that Jana and John David will start courting in 2015. The only real reason I think this is because they're the oldest two not married, and I think their parents will basically make them find someone.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally Jana has been designated the family spinster destined to look after all those boys with the little girls as her assistants in a few years and then to take care of J and M for the rest of their lives. I believe either John and Jinger in that order will courted next.

I think Jana and John will both be courting this year, and I think they won't make as big of a stink about it as Jessa and Jill. If I had to say who was next, I still vote Jana; I've written this before, but I really would not be shocked if we didn't even see her courtship and just found out she was engaged one day.

I think Jana would rather eat Michelle's hair piece than have to tolerate a double date with her parents getting televised on TLC. They'd probably have to cut her a BIG check for that bullshit.

And I personally don't get the impression Jana is stuck and can't leave. I think she wants to get the hell out of there and will soon. She is just not outgoing like Jill or outspoken and highly confident like Jessa. Can you imagine how excruciating it must be to have a chaperone on a date when you're really shy already? And when you're a 25 year old woman? Uhg.

I think that if anyone is going to court in 2015 (and that's a big if), it'll be Jana first. There's already a lot of negative press revolving around Jana not being married for them to risk another sibling (except maybe JD) courting first.

Plus, there has been A LOT of speculation that Jana is courting, which makes me think that they're trying to drum up interest in her (they could either be the Duggars who are hoping to find someone she'll court, or the media who is hoping that they'll get a lot of hits on their websites when the story finally breaks). I also imagine that, like Jill and Jessa, her courtship will be to a completely unheard of person. I don't think it's going to be anyone that we could easily find by searching through fundie blogs.

Shortly after her courtship is announced, I think it'll be announced that Jinger is courting. And I suspect Jinger would either court Lawson or Skylar (I'm really hoping it's Skylar). I don't really think it's any accident that Skylar was seen on 19KAC, and I really don't think he'd be paired with Jana because he's so much younger than she is. But, he and Jinger would be a good match.

I think Jana and John will both be courting this year, and I think they won't make as big of a stink about it as Jessa and Jill. If I had to say who was next, I still vote Jana; I've written this before, but I really would not be shocked if we didn't even see her courtship and just found out she was engaged one day.

I think Jana would rather eat Michelle's hair piece than have to tolerate a double date with her parents getting televised on TLC. They'd probably have to cut her a BIG check for that bullshit.

And I personally don't get the impression Jana is stuck and can't leave. I think she wants to get the hell out of there and will soon. She is just not outgoing like Jill or outspoken and highly confident like Jessa. Can you imagine how excruciating it must be to have a chaperone on a date when you're really shy already? And when you're a 25 year old woman? Uhg.

I imaging that if Jana had chaperones, they'd likely be one of her married siblings or someone else in their "community" who is married (like Erin and Chad) rather than her parents or younger siblings.

I would say JD, because JB has been pressuring him about it.

I don't think it will be Jana. She's needed at home too much, at least while the Lost Girls are elementary school aged.

Though, it would be a great FU Internets if Jana did court this year.

I'm on the Jana+Lawson train. It appears he and a few Bateses have been over quite often in the last several months. Considering Bates HQ is in Tennessee it would appear the visits are not mere day trips. Now, obviously Lawson is promoting his music, duh, we know that. It COULD be that by hanging around the duggars he is fishing for more fans/customers/whatever.

But I would like to believe its because of a courtship :pray:

I don't think it will be Jana. She's needed at home too much, at least while the Lost Girls are elementary school aged.

I don't really think Jana's that necessary at the house. She's been spending A LOT of time away from the house in recent years between things like helping Josh and Anna and doing JotH stuff. With the youngest now being 5, three's no one that needs help doing the "basics" anymore (they should all be able to dress themselves, clean themselves up, tie their shoes, etc). And, I'm sure that a lot of the responsibilities around the house have been gradually shifting to the younger kids now that Jessa and Jill are married.

Jana isn't even the one who was in charge of things like schoolwork (that was Jessa's job). Plus, most (if not all) of the kids do their work on the computer now; so there probably isn't much work there to begin with. I think that it would be fairly easy for the family to continue transitioning into the oldest 4 girls being gone. As it is, Josie is only a year away from the age Jana was when the buddy system was invented. There's no excuse for Josie on up to not have the same responsibilities that the 4 oldest had.

edited because I need to learn to proof read before I post

I agree.

Still too many boys and the little girls with needs to lose your #1 worker.

I think JB wants it to be JD, but he might need to move his target to Joe.

I don't really think Jana's that necessary at the house. She's been spending A LOT of time away from the house in recent years between things like helping Josh and Anna and doing JotH stuff. With the youngest now being 5, three's no one that needs help doing the "basics" anymore (they should all be able to dress themselves, clean themselves up, tie their shoes, etc). And, I'm sure that a lot of the responsibilities around the house have been gradually shifting to the younger kids now that Jessa and Jill are married.

Jana isn't even the one who was in charge of things like schoolwork (that was Jessa's job). Plus, most (if not all) of the kids do their work on the computer now; so there probably isn't much work there to begin with. I think that it would be fairly easy for the family to continue transitioning into the oldest 4 girls being gone. As it is, Josie is only a year away from the age Jana was when the buddy system was invented. There's no excuse for Josie on up to not have the same responsibilities that the 4 oldest had.

edited because I need to learn to proof read before I post

I disagree. The oldest girls were the mothers in that family. 50% of those mothers have already fled. I think you might be assuming that Michelle is the actual, day in and day out mom, which is just not supported by what is shown to the public.

Are you saying that most families with 7 young kids would do just fine without their mom in the home?

I disagree. The oldest girls were the mothers in that family. 50% of those mothers have already fled. I think you might be assuming that Michelle is the actual, day in and day out mom, which is just not supported by what is shown to the public.

Are you saying that most families with 7 young kids would do just fine without their mom in the home?

They aren't "most families with 7 young kids" because they still have BOYS who can help around the house. And, I stand by what I said, there's no reason that even Josie can't handle the same roles that the 4 oldest girls held when they were her age. And every other child is older than Josie. Jana became a sister mom at Jordyn's age. There's no need for a sister mom anymore. And it's not like they're getting rid of every other child just because Jana and maybe Jinger court.

Hypothetically, let's say Jana and Jinger both got married by the end of 2016. It's probably safe to say John David and Joseph will be doing their own things by then, too.

We'd still have:

20 year old Josiah

19 year old Joy

18 year old Jed/Jer

16 year old Jason

15 year old James

14 year old Justin

12 year old Jackson

11 year old Hannie

9 year old Jennifer

8 year old Jordyn

7 year old Josie

Between Joy, Hannie, and Jennifer, there'd be enough new J'slaves to take on the tasks of the old J'slaves, especially since so much of the original 4's time was spent caring for small babies, which isn't relevant anymore. James on up would probably require next to no work by then, too.

Basically, I doubt Jana and Jinger are really necessary much longer, even if Michelle might be really worried of losing them. As people pointed out, Hannie is already around the age that Jana and Jill first started having REALLY immense amounts of responsibility. They were caring for babies at her age.

I disagree with the bolded comments. Jana's courtship, engagement, and wedding will be featured on the show.

I agree that Jana isn't stuck at home. Do her parents rely on her to take care of her sibling? Yes, but if someone wanted to court Jana I think her parents would allow it. I think it is wishful thinking to believe Jana doesn't want to court and and get married.

My guess is that John David or Jinger will court next.

I don't think they will be willing to part with Jana and Jinger just yet. Just because the little girls are old enough to be J'slaves doesn't mean that Michelle wants to handle training them. Plus they were raised very differently then the older girls. I think Jana and Jill especially spent their entire lives expected to help out with babies, cooking and cleaning. It would be a shock for her to tell Josie that she's now responsible for all that laundry.

I don't think anyone will court in 2015. I might be wrong but I think that the courtships were at least partly motivated by needing material for the show. They have plenty of material with Jill having her first child, Anna having her fourth and Jessa most becoming at least pregnant this year. Plus they'll want to do at least some episodes about children's birthdays, field trips and dentist visits.

I don't think JD wants to court and I'm not 100% convinced that he's going to bend to Jim Bob's command to find a girl. I also worry that Jana might be kept as a SAHD for eternity. Even without caring for babies there is still cleaning, cooking and laundry that needs to be done. I also think Jim Bob is going to keep at least one daughter at home so she can care for them in their old age. I think it'll either be Jana because she's the oldest or Jenny since Jim Bob loves torturing her. Josie would also not shock me as she is the youngest.

I think the next courtship will be either Jinger or Josiah. Both at least in part because they want to get the hell out of that house! I think Joseph also is a possibility but I think he'll wait a few more years.

I need to know what Joseph's "occupation" is before I can speculate about his courting. Honestly, I have no idea what he does to earn money. Help JD with the towing business?? Do they earn enough to support 2 sets of wives & kids on that.

This is where I think it will get interesting in the next few years--especially if the TLC gravy train dries up--JB has got to come up with jobs + homes for his string of minimally educated boys before he can marry them off. And I think this is a crisis that a lot of ATI dads are going to be facing in the next decade.

I need to know what Joseph's "occupation" is before I can speculate about his courting. Honestly, I have no idea what he does to earn money. Help JD with the towing business?? Do they earn enough to support 2 sets of wives & kids on that.

This is where I think it will get interesting in the next few years--especially if the TLC gravy train dries up--JB has got to come up with jobs + homes for his string of minimally educated boys before he can marry them off. And I think this is a crisis that a lot of ATI dads are going to be facing in the next decade.

That alone gives me a bit more hope for the girls, despite their first 20 years of life being sacrificed to servitude. :roll: Jill found herself a guy with a real skill. He might not ever make big money, but he could probably get a job anywhere in the country. Their income won't depend on their family's fame or religious/political connections. If the show is canceled, Derick would probably be just fine, but Josh would likely be out of a job within a year or two. And if Ben and Jessa went down a similar route with Ben's career in "politics" or "ministry" or "writing" they'd be in the same boat. Hopefully Ben will get some sort of real skills too, but I'm not feeling super optimistic about that yet.

I didn't necessarily mean I expect Joseph will be married by 2016 - just that I could see him sort of disappearing and not contributing to the household much, in the same way we saw with John. I don't think he'd be playing babysitter, that's for sure. I still think he's recorded a song with Lawson after that announcement. Maybe he'll make a desperate attempt at a music career and Famy can be on backup.

My vote is for JD, then Jana. I don't think the duggars are nearly as dependent on the older daughters as some think. Nor do I think the Duggars are really that hung up on gender roles. We've seen the boys cooking and cleaning. We also know that their fundie peers who weren't so lucky to have as many elder daughters have no problem giving jurisdictions to the boys.

The duggar girls aren't even taught the skills are stereotypical female is supposed to have. Jessa can't cook. Jana seems to be the only one who has a developed sewing skill.

I think the duggars want grandbabies more than they want houseslaves.

JD or Joseph are next. I think Jana's going to be single forever, sad to say. Unless she gets sick of it all and accepts the first guy who comes along that JB approves for her. If Jana gets married it'll be a loveless one. Can't see Jinger getting married for at least another year or two. Joy seems opposed to marriage so she might skip it altogether.

I don't think Jana will be courting anytime soon. She's too used to being keeper of the home. I see her being a Botkin.

JD is my gut feeling based on my gut saying so.

I doubt Jana is being purposefully kept at home as a servant. I just want to point out that before the news broke that Jessa, and then Jill, were courting, many on FJ insisted that Jim Bob was never going to let ANY of the older girls go. The main reasons given were that they needed them as servants at home, Jim Bob wanted to keep them at home so they would always worship him, he would never trust any other man with his daughters, and/or he was holding out for 'fundie royalty' but no fundie royalty would want to marry them. Obviously none of those things were true. I don't think we really know what's going on in that family. We can speculate all we want, but nobody two years ago would have been able to predict Jessa and Jill's courtships and how they unfolded, so I doubt we'll have much more success predicting the hows and the whys of any future courtships.

Everyone keeps talking about Jana staying to take care of her parents in old age. What about the younger j'girls?

I think it could either be Jana or one of the younger girls. However Jana has already been conditioned to cook, clean and be a caretaker. The little girls have actually enjoyed a childhood where they could play and have fun. Jana never got that chance.

I doubt Jana is being purposefully kept at home as a servant. I just want to point out that before the news broke that Jessa, and then Jill, were courting, many on FJ insisted that Jim Bob was never going to let ANY of the older girls go. [...] I don't think we really know what's going on in that family. We can speculate all we want, but nobody two years ago would have been able to predict Jessa and Jill's courtships and how they unfolded, so I doubt we'll have much more success predicting the hows and the whys of any future courtships.

Yeah, I NEVER thought Jill would be the first to marry. I thought she'd be with some David Waller-esque pleated pants, tucked in tshirt, IBLP weirdo. I thought she'd have an awkward, painful to watch courtship. And she ended up with Derick, who pretty much exceeded all of my expectations and seemed like a great match for her, even in his own ultra-conservative way.

And then I expected Jessa would marry an older, more established man with his own business or something. Yeah, got that one way wrong too.

I think the likely reason Jana is still single is that things just haven't fallen into place, and nothing more. We all know she could have her pick. And I honestly don't think her parents COULD keep her at home even if they wanted to. She's probably eager to leave. And I genuinely don't believe Jim Bob and Michelle want her as their permanent live-in slave.

Also, I think now that there are no babies, the jendered chores are probably less relevant. I don't think Michelle would have the boys taking care of a baby, but I don't think she'd have any issue making them clean or do the laundry.

I feel like JimBoob and OfJimBoob had really shot themselves in the foot re: having two single 25 year old adult children who are expected to stay home until they're married and then date according to very strict and silly rules that usually apply to teenagers who are 10 years younger dating their first boyfriend/girlfriend in most secular, or even normal Christian families.

What I mean is, having their stifling rules for Jessa's relationship looked okay to the outside world. Jessa was only 20 and Ben only four months into legal adulthood when they started dating. The average viewer would look at their relationship and think "aw, it's cute how the parents want to protect their daughter's feelings from getting hurt if this falls through" (not realizing that asking to "court" is basically signing the marriage license - with divorce not being an option). That and they were still young enough for people to not think family members, younger siblings "chaperoning" them was that strange.

When Derick came along, and was introduced as a grown ass 25 year old man, dating grown ass 22, almost 23 year old, Jill, there was definitely more questions being raised in articles about the Derick/Jill relationship comments section. I read through several of the comments in People's online articles and many people who only know the Duggars casually were really WTFing why a 25 year old man and 22 year old woman were being babied so much by this family. It was WEIRD to the general public that they weren't allowed to be alone, that they went on "dates" with Jill's pubescent brothers, that they weren't allowed to hold hands or innocently kiss.

Now the Duggars have TWO 25 year old grown adults that they need to marry off but how do they go about that without drawing even more criticism? Odds are that Jana/JD's future partners would be fairly close in age to both of them. If JD is smart he'll actually go for 29 year old Tabitha Paine as was jokingly speculated about when she was seen hanging with some Duggar sprogs a couple of weeks ago. IF that were to happen imagine the criticism the Duggar parents would face for their infantilization of their 25 year old son dating a nearly 30 year old women. Now, I don't think JimBoob gives a shit about personal criticism but when Joe or Jane Smith read about these super strict, bizarre dating rules applied to adults, THAT'S the kind of thing that makes people stop and maybe look into the scary cult the Duggars are a part of. Add that to the fact the Duggars are more famous than ever (though I still have many friends who have never heard of them, yay :dance: ), they will want to keep up appearances as positive as possible. JimBoob and OfJimBoob will come off as controlling psychopaths (which they are) if they treat their 25 year old adult children in the same patronizing way the treated their younger (though still adult) two daughters. It was easier/less questioned with Jill and Jessa.

They theoretically *could* have JD and Jana date/engage/wed in total privacy between seasons and then introduce a spouse at the start of the next one but I don't see that happening as long as there is $$$ to be made.

No, I think JD and Jana will stay single until 19K&C is canceled, then maybe get married. Jinger MIGHT wed before the show is canned, but it's difficult to say. I give them one more year anyway, because once Jill and Jessa have their first fuck trophies, no one will give a crap about subsequent ones. Does ANYONE care about Josh and Anna's fourth? Anyone? Bueller? Josh?

I feel like JimBoob and OfJimBoob had really shot themselves in the foot re: having two single 25 year old adult children who are expected to stay home until they're married and then date according to very strict and silly rules that usually apply to teenagers who are 10 years younger dating their first boyfriend/girlfriend in most secular, or even normal Christian families.

What I mean is, having their stifling rules for Jessa's relationship looked okay to the outside world. Jessa was only 20 and Ben only four months into legal adulthood when they started dating. The average viewer would look at their relationship and think "aw, it's cute how the parents want to protect their daughter's feelings from getting hurt if this falls through" (not realizing that asking to "court" is basically signing the marriage license - with divorce not being an option). That and they were still young enough for people to not think family members, younger siblings "chaperoning" them was that strange.

When Derick came along, and was introduced as a grown ass 25 year old man, dating grown ass 22, almost 23 year old, Jill, there was definitely more questions being raised in articles about the Derick/Jill relationship comments section. I read through several of the comments in People's online articles and many people who only know the Duggars casually were really WTFing why a 25 year old man and 22 year old woman were being babied so much by this family. It was WEIRD to the general public that they weren't allowed to be alone, that they went on "dates" with Jill's pubescent brothers, that they weren't allowed to hold hands or innocently kiss.

Now the Duggars have TWO 25 year old grown adults that they need to marry off but how do they go about that without drawing even more criticism? Odds are that Jana/JD's future partners would be fairly close in age to both of them. If JD is smart he'll actually go for 29 year old Tabitha Paine as was jokingly speculated about when she was seen hanging with some Duggar sprogs a couple of weeks ago. IF that were to happen imagine the criticism the Duggar parents would face for their infantilization of their 25 year old son dating a nearly 30 year old women. Now, I don't think JimBoob gives a shit about personal criticism but when Joe or Jane Smith read about these super strict, bizarre dating rules applied to adults, THAT'S the kind of thing that makes people stop and maybe look into the scary cult the Duggars are a part of. Add that to the fact the Duggars are more famous than ever (though I still have many friends who have never heard of them, yay :dance: ), they will want to keep up appearances as positive as possible. JimBoob and OfJimBoob will come off as controlling psychopaths (which they are) if they treat their 25 year old adult children in the same patronizing way the treated their younger (though still adult) two daughters. It was easier/less questioned with Jill and Jessa.

They theoretically *could* have JD and Jana date/engage/wed in total privacy between seasons and then introduce a spouse at the start of the next one but I don't see that happening as long as there is $$$ to be made.

No, I think JD and Jana will stay single until 19K&C is canceled, then maybe get married. Jinger MIGHT wed before the show is canned, but it's difficult to say. I give them one more year anyway, because once Jill and Jessa have their first fuck trophies, no one will give a crap about subsequent ones. Does ANYONE care about Josh and Anna's fourth? Anyone? Bueller? Josh?

BINGO

Archived