IGNORED

John Maxwell's 24th birthday today

Marian the Librarian

From the birthday post: John’s Personality: outgoing, spontaneous, generous, creative, confident, adventuresome

Well I for one was seriously impressed with the wonderful creativity of his replies to his well wishers. OI! :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the birthday post: John’s Personality: outgoing, spontaneous, generous, creative, confident, adventuresome

Well I for one was seriously impressed with the wonderful creativity of his replies to his well wishers. OI! :lol:

Give the manchild some credit; he said both "thanks" and "thank you"

Must be hard to think of other words to use when you can't look at thesaurus.com

The only one he thanked by name was Isaac, the only male name. Interesting.

That Angela went on and on, even called him handsome, but only got a thank you.

I am not sure why everyone thinks that Gigi is going to leave her house. Just becuase her husband died and she is getting older doesn't mean she is going to need to move in with family. My Aunt lived in her home alone until she died on her nineties. It's Gigi's house and I am sure she would prefer to be in it and not live with Steve and company. Why would she want to get rid of a house full of her things and likely end up living in a small room in someone else's house? She is right next door not living alone on twenty acres on the prairie. I am sure the family will help her at her own home if she needs it. I highly doubt she defers to Steve on how and where she lives her life.

I am not sure why everyone thinks that Gigi is going to leave her house. Just becuase her husband died and she is getting older doesn't mean she is going to need to move in with family. My Aunt lived in her home alone until she died on her nineties. It's Gigi's house and I am sure she would prefer to be in it and not live with Steve and company. Why would she want to get rid of a house full of her things and likely end up living in a small room in someone else's house? She is right next door not living alone on twenty acres on the prairie. I am sure the family will help her at her own home if she needs it. I highly doubt she defers to Steve on how and where she lives her life.

Because from the pictures she's getting around these days with a walker. She's obviously having some difficultly moving around, and may be deteriorating physically.

Can someone her age live alone? Sure. My nearly 86 year old grandmother does. But she's in good health and has no trouble moving around - she climbs up and down stairs, brings in heavy groceries and she even does agility training with her 2 dogs.

But if my grandmother got to the point that she needed a walker to walk from room to room, we'd need to make changes to her living arrangements so she wasn't alone.

Because from the pictures she's getting around these days with a walker. She's obviously having some difficultly moving around, and may be deteriorating physically.

Can someone her age live alone? Sure. My nearly 86 year old grandmother does. But she's in good health and has no trouble moving around - she climbs up and down stairs, brings in heavy groceries and she even does agility training with her 2 dogs.

But if my grandmother got to the point that she needed a walker to walk from room to room, we'd need to make changes to her living arrangements so she wasn't alone.

I would guess that Gigi is well-looked after by both her daughter and her granddaughters, though it is never mentioned. Even using a walker, with oversight by her nearby family, she can live alone both comfortably and safely.

I refuse to believe any of the Maxwell girls are ever going to marry. Stevus will never permit it, no matter what he says.

For many seniors their independence is what keeps them going. Both my grandmother and great-grandmother lived on their own until age 98, great-grandma in a 2nd floor walkup. Neither one was anywhere near family (My GGM was in California, GM in Florida and my mom and uncle are in NY and Hawaii) but both insisted on living alone. It wasn't until both needed surgery at 99 that they gave up their apartments. GGM went into a facility and GM moved in with my folks. They hated giving up their independence. (Both coincidentally died exactly two months shy of their 100th birthdays.)

I'm sure GiGi is more than okay on her own, especially given that family is always within reach and she's never truly "alone."

I thought Nathan bought the grandparents house? I always assumed Gigi and Grandpa were living elsewhere already.

That neighbor was another one of the Elderly. There are so many Elderly in Maxwellia that they are easily confused.

Yeah, I believe Nathan's house is across the street, Christopher's is around the corner (where the Maxwells used to live), and Gigi's is next door.

And Joseph has pretty much moved to the other side of the world by purchasing a house nearly a mile away.

It seems that Tits2 was having technical problems as I had tried to leave a few comments and got an error message when I entered the verification code. (Oh Stevie I thought you had blocked me!1!!) But the verification box has gone - 1 ton ramp failure. :naughty:

In the UK, Discovery Home & Health are showing new episodes of 19K and we get to see Dullard and Bin (I would have posted in the Dugger subforum but it seems infested by Leghumpers) (I fast forwarded most of the crap), but on the Josiah (love the outfit) 'graduation' edition I got to see Terri on my TV screen, rather than on ipad or laptop. FCUK - it spooked me out. Poor Sarah seemed to be there too, so did Stevie allow them out to Boob's compound on their own or was he there spooning Jim Boob away from the cameras?

Yes, there seems to be an infection of various sorts of leghumpers lately. Does anyone know how long these outbreaks last?

I think it is more likely Steve will want the house for a Chidult and he will not allow GiGi to hog a whole house. I know that in family photos with her daughter Tami she is seen in pants, but at Steve's house she is skirts only. Considering Steve dropped his biological father, step father and biological mother and has little to do with his brother and sisters because they were not the right kind of Christian, I have a feeling GiGi is more deferential than you think.

Probably because she went with them on the annual "what some might call a vacation" to CO and I don't think she ever had before. My grandma didn't go on family trips with us until after my grandpa died but then again she didn't move in with us either, thank God. It was bad enough having her go on our trips cuz she was such a crabass. I hope GiGi didn't act like that. But I digress. Another possibility is Steve. He thinks all women should have a headship and now that Grandad Rex passed GiGi needs a headship and he is the only one suited for that role.

Haha!! I am surprised the Lord would lay it on Daddy Maxwell's heart to expose his grown children to sugar and the public.

You mean expose the public to sugar and his grown children.

Archived