IGNORED

Looking for a few good men...

albanuadh_1

Tools in good working condition.

"Please send photo of boat and motor."

Tools in good working condition.

Plus it takes a big hammer to pound a big nail. :shock:

It also annoys me a bit that they have co-opted a Marine recruiting phrase. They would probably move to Canada or Central America before allowing ANY of their own to serve in the military.

Did you see the next post, where Sarah describes some plumbing work thusly:

A dripping sound can be quite an irritant! Proverbs agrees. “A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike†(Proverbs 27:15).

There's some weird freudian link between home repairs and fucked-up gender relations with these folks.

Did you see the next post, where Sarah describes some plumbing work thusly:

There's some weird freudian link between home repairs and fucked-up gender relations with these folks.

I imagine(at least I hope) that Sarah is like me when I was in ATI and they would force me to find verses to apply to ever little fucking thing that went on in life. I would drag out the Strong's Concordance, find a verse that has at least a couple words in common and say that it applies to the situation. It often didn't, but as long as there was at least one or two words that related, it could be considered done.

If I had to find a verse to go with a dripping faucet I would probably use Proverbs 27:15 too. It is an easy way to get the "find a verse" job done. :lol:

Does it bother anyone else when Sarah writes "Dads and Moms" or " young men and young ladies."? It just sounds strange.

It bothers me also.

Does it bother anyone else when Sarah writes "Dads and Moms" or " young men and young ladies."? It just sounds strange.

YES!!!!!

YES!!!!!

I most certainly am. I'm all for prayer and fasting, and doing it together with MUTUAL accountability, but this is discriminatory. I've called them on it before in a comment, and I was thinking of doing so again......but hey, if Steve still reads here, he'll see it anyway. Again, I ask, if Sarah turns 40 without a husband, will she STILL be called a "young lady"?

Sarah's writing is just strange. I've read my share of posts about DIY projects and/or home repair. A normal person would have said something along the lines of "We had a leak and put off the repair. Finally got to it this week because of the holiday break. Here is what we did." (Picture of leaky pipe with the bucket under it) Caption with description of the leaky pipe. Then each step has a photo and corresponding caption, including stories of what went right, what could have been improved, what products person used, etc. I don't know what any of those photos are. Furthermore, she mentioned that they put it off because of the chance it might take longer than expected - and then didn't say if it took longer than expected or not.

I know I like boring things, but somehow they make things that are normally at least mildly interesting completely boring. Come on Sarah, you need to show us through your writing the experience of the day. Show us, don't just tell us. Report. This is the one "fun" thing you are allowed to do! Tell them to improve your moody books (and make more money), you have to be allowed to read! Read everything. Read other blogs. Read books. Read the Bible too. Read books about the Bible. Read history books and comic books and fantasy and sci-fi. Find out what YOU like.

And to Steve Maxwell, just because you are my first choice to marry on the other thread, doesn't mean I'm hot for you. Your lifestyle doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others. I just don't understand the anti-intellectualism, rigid gender roles, and inability to socialize outside of the family.

Archived