IGNORED

Looking for a few good men...

albanuadh_1

Conspiracy theory: the dad is Steve, and he is looking for men to help renovate the house that John just bought because he's getting married. They're trying to keep it on the down-low, thus 'we know a dad'. :think:

Conspiracy theory: the dad is Steve, and he is looking for men to help renovate the house that John just bought because he's getting married. They're trying to keep it on the down-low, thus 'we know a dad'. :think:

That's what I thought too.

The 'dad" is probably an acquaintance of theirs, meeting the contractors on the specific days he could get off from work. The Maxwells are paying him with money or favors.

Or Maybe, they have vetted out a suitable (gullible and easily brainwashed) young man for one of the girls. But, not someone who already has a paid for house, and they want make sure he toes the line by setting up his house to make sure he stays close by and indebted to them forever.

I think they are trying to get free training for the boys. Or they are trying to get these contractors to hire the boys.

That's what I thought too.

I don' think so. The Maxwells pride themselves too much on being able to renovate things themselves to seek help.

I wonder if they are planning to renovate Gigi's house and that the project is just too big for them to do in a short amount of time? I do think John is probably courting and they need him to ready his home for his bride (he will buy Gigi's house but it needs updating, of course). Courtships are short so not enough time to get the house ready without extra help.

I doubt this is some fix it job for the Maxwell Family. There are enough people in that family with a pile of skills that they don't need outside help.

Forgive me for not knowing a facet of Maxwellian lore, but who is Gigi?

I don' think so. The Maxwells pride themselves too much on being able to renovate things themselves to seek help.

Yeah he talked about skilled people then adds Christian and young adult. Why would it matter if a person skilled on renovation is young or a Christian?

I think they are trying to get free training for the boys. Or they are trying to get these contractors to hire the boys.

Interesting thought!

I thought this was a Doug (Phillips, who is a tool) ad, looking for manly men for a new Hazardous Adventure.

I doubt this is some fix it job for the Maxwell Family. There are enough people in that family with a pile of skills that they don't need outside help.

Forgive me for not knowing a facet of Maxwellian lore, but who is Gigi?

Teri's mother. She lives next door.

If you know someone you could recommend, e-mail me on the contact form, and I will send you the information. He will be in Kansas City next Tuesday and Wednesday (January 13th and 14th) meeting with men to discuss the work.

"He will be meeting with men to discuss the work." What an odd phrase, very formal and grandiose. Not "Bob needs someone to help him with his home remodeling" or "Mr Black is looking for some temporary help with his construction business" No, Steve is attempting to be secretive and build this up like he is just the middleman for some immense undertaking. I would say that in all likelihood that it is for a member of the family-- why else would Steve be so hush-hush? And "meeting with men" makes it sound like a huge project. So large a project that he has to meet with MEN.

I'm going to be meeting with men in an hour or so. OK it is just one man, my husband, and we are going to be taking a nap, but I like the sound of Meeting with Men.

Maybe the "dad" is Nate or Chris. Now that they have growing families they may need to do some renovating/adding on.

I'm not sure how legal it is to advertise only for men. I think a newspaper would refuse the ad.

That's probably why they posted it on the blog. Cause a newspaper might refuse to run the ad.

That's probably why they posted it on the blog. Cause a newspaper might refuse to run the ad.

They would also run the risk of their holy Maxwellian ad being run next to an ungodly ad that could possibly corrupt it and cause it to leave the fold.

They would also run the risk of their holy Maxwellian ad being run next to an ungodly ad that could possibly corrupt it and cause it to leave the fold.

I've heard of newspaper ads being above the fold or below the fold, but never about about them leaving the fold

:lol: sorry, couldn't resist. it was one on of those days.

Hmm. could put it on Craig's List.

Man seeking skilled men. Must have own tools.

It would be even better if they posted it under the "man seeking man" personals section.

I'm not sure how legal it is to advertise only for men. I think a newspaper would refuse the ad.

Employment discrimination--absolutely illegal. No newspaper would run it.

Archived