IGNORED

Maxwell Conference in Lee's Summit Missou on Jan 12

SPHASH

I am going to spend two hours at yoga being all evil and bendy and the. spend three hours making a chianti soaked Tuscan beef stew with Gouda polenta.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My aunt is baking a cheese and phyllo pie that my cousins will be delivering to the rehab facility I am in on Saturday. She said if I am really rocking out my exercises she would break tradition and fry us up these donut thingies we only see once a year at Xmas. So Steve and Terri can starve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the cheese, butter, sugar and nuts. :lol:

Mr. MtL will be working all day Saturday, and I will be holding down the fort at home, cooking up a storm like the good little helpmeet I am. Of course, I will also be working on our annual tax preparation (I manage all the finances, Stevie :disgust: ), and anything else that needs to be accomplished around the house, since we will *both* be working on Sunday.

Our anti-fast day will look like: fresh-brewed coffee with half and half, and my patented French toast (Dave's Good Seed bread, organic maple syrup and butter) for breakfast. Tuna salad and sliced honeycrisp apples packed for my Good Headship Lollipop's lunch out in the world. And a batch of amazingly delicious acorn squash soup for dinner - my new favorite, go-to recipe. Serve it with a loaf of your favorite bread, and rejoice and be glad.

Bon appetit, everyone! :lol:

I think I might go to McDonalds. Or order a pizza. Saturday is also my shopping day, so I will probably get some junk food to buy :) Maybe cake! Oooohhhhh or ice cream. Of course I will be buying a bottle of Pepsi too, it completes any anti fast.

My hubby and I are doing a date night tomorrow, the 17th.

Dinner and movie. Dinner will include at least one rum and diet coke, maybe two.

Perfect time for an anti-fast. I'm going to visit friends who have a camping cabin this weekend. (I've stayed in less luxurious hotels, let me tell you!) They will be scrap-booking, and I will be sewing a quilt top. We have planned a lovely menu which includes pulled pork sandwiches for the 17th. There will be alcohol. There will be caffeine. (but not Pepsi.) There will be snacks and desserts and heavenly filling food.

Y'know, I almost never drink soda. But I think I will pick up a diet Pepsi, just for tomorrow.

Oh, and I have some sliced Havarti that has paper between the slices. I should probably work that into a meal at some point (er, the cheese -- not the paper).

Banana Boats?!? I remember those. Do Girls Scouts still make "Sit Upons" for camp?

TreeMom, I hope you are recovering well. Glad you have some food being brought in each evening. Perhaps you'll have leftovers for lunch?

I am not sure what my anti-fast will include (oh, the pressure). We had sushi last night. I'm making homemade pizza tonight (portabellas and fresh spinach, yum!). It might be too soon for another pot of chili....

Clearly, I failed to make an adequate schedule so I'm left somewhat unprepared for Anti-Fast!! I do have a fair supply of chocolate since I picked up an extra (or two) of most holiday treats purchased last month; so there's no need to panic.

Some troops make "sit upons" for camp. The troop I lead has not but we have only gone camping once so far. -to clarify I am going with child 2's troop for camping, I am going as a mom, I'm not the leader of child 2's troop. Child 1's troop plans on going camping again this summer and I think we will make them then. I have a pattern to make them out of cool duct tape instead of the old way to do it.

your pizza with portabellas and spinach sounds awesome! Do you still put regular pizza sauce and moz cheese on it or something else? Yum!!

So the fast starts after dinner tonight....so I guess my anti-fast will start then as well. My mother made me banana pudding at my request and I will enjoy it tonight as a celebration of not living in a cult run by my father.

I will also offer prayers to the ether that the maxwell children get to escape one day.

Y'know, I almost never drink soda. But I think I will pick up a diet Pepsi, just for tomorrow.

Oh, and I have some sliced Havarti that has paper between the slices. I should probably work that into a meal at some point (er, the cheese -- not the paper).

I'm also in the never-drink-soda club - but I have one of those Friday exhaustion headaches, and so am treating it with a bag of vending machine M&Ms, washed down with a Diet Pepsi. All in your honor, Teri![emoji8]

I'm also in the never-drink-soda club - but I have one of those Friday exhaustion headaches, and so am treating it with a bag of vending machine M&Ms, washed down with a Diet Pepsi. All in your honor, Teri![emoji8]

My version of the "exhaustion" diet is Coke and a Hostess HoHo.

Couldn't the Maxwell women learn to ride a horse or a pony sidesaddle?

Nah. You still have to have the horns between your legs to stay on. Almost more suggestive than straddling!

My hubby and I are doing a date night tomorrow, the 17th.

Dinner and movie. Dinner will include at least one rum and diet coke, maybe two.

Rum and diet Pepsi, right?

I'm not sure what I'll be eating tomorrow, but my day will include a rehearsal for the Vagina Monologues. I also bought a bottle of wine today which will be opened at some point this weekend.

All above mentioned anti-fast proposals are approved! Though the anti-fast committee asks all to consider a 1-time substitution of their rum and coke with a rum and Pepsi, if their tastebuds are willing.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow and post details of all the food and f-n you partake in, pics are always welcome.

Remember all ye sinners, gluttony is not merely the sin of eating too much, but it is the sin of loving anything to excess. So be it food, f-n, or whatnot, do what makes you happy and do it excess!!

On a mini vacation with my middle daughter for her birthday. We had seafood overlooking the ocean for lunch and Mexican food for dinner - and we had ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries. I also got her a giant m&m covered caramel apple and the fridge is full of candy....I think I need some now.

Sneaky Steve, beginning the anti-fast tonight! I'm prepared, though, through careful grocery shopping that will keep us all happily anti-fasting throughout the weekend.

Tonight is sweet and simple: bread, butter, sliced tomatoes and kalamata olives, washed down with Armstrong's hard cider and one or three episodes of Dr. Who. This will get me in the mood for the real anti-fast that will begin at the crack of dawn, at about 8am or so tomorrow.

The cat will anti-fast on some Science Diet (a step down after Headship kept sneaking her bits of his tuna sashimi last night). I will have home-brewed Espresso and a banana to get me going for Saturday morning cooking. In the works: lasagne, rice and red lentils, roasted peppers with loads of garlic, and some soup - basic veggie or split pea.

For tomorrow's potluck with friends we have met at the kids' beastly public school and are lucky to still have in our lives almost 10 years later, I will make Alton Brown's hot spinach-artichoke dip, green salad with apples and cranberries, and haul some rhubarb crisp from the freezer. Alcohol will most probably be involved. I'm not a beer person so will stick to white wine.

I hope my anti-fast plan is approved. I'm also planning on working out tomorrow - does this count as a step in Maxwellhood or will it be approved as I will be working out in pants, with no headships in the vicinity? TIA!

Oh, no no no. You have to eat the paper with your cheese and it will be sooooo funny. We'll all laugh and laugh and laugh. And then weeks later we'll remember it fondly and laugh some more because it was soooo funny.

Some troops make "sit upons" for camp. The troop I lead has not but we have only gone camping once so far. -to clarify I am going with child 2's troop for camping, I am going as a mom, I'm not the leader of child 2's troop. Child 1's troop plans on going camping again this summer and I think we will make them then. I have a pattern to make them out of cool duct tape instead of the old way to do it.

your pizza with portabellas and spinach sounds awesome! Do you still put regular pizza sauce and moz cheese on it or something else? Yum!!

This time I used regular pizza sauce and also added some ground beef, since I had a pound thawed. Usually, I use roasted tomato Alfredo sauce (can't remember the brand) and it is so yummy with the fresh veggies. I like moz cheese with a sprinkling of something sharp like feta or even white cheddar. It's one of our favorite empty nest meals - individual pizzas with toppings our kids would never eat.

Oh, no no no. You have to eat the paper with your cheese and it will be sooooo funny. We'll all laugh and laugh and laugh. And then weeks later we'll remember it fondly and laugh some more because it was soooo funny.

One day a while back I was making a sandwich with some deli pre-cut cheese that had the cheese paper. Just because I had to, I purposely put a piece of the cheese paper in the sandwich and took a bite. How the it took Teri half a sandwich and not HALF A BITE to figure it out is beyond me.

One day a while back I was making a sandwich with some deli pre-cut cheese that had the cheese paper. Just because I had to, I purposely put a piece of the cheese paper in the sandwich and took a bite. How the it took Teri half a sandwich and not HALF A BITE to figure it out is beyond me.

Because they are so dead inside that they have barely any awareness of their surroundings?

She ate half the sandwich and Steve didn't notice the difference in taste so it must have been fine.

I couldn't remember if she'd actually eaten the paper, or just almost. So she actually ate some, and didn't notice? :shock:

What really gets to me about the Cheese Paper Incident is that it is the only time I can remember their thinking something was funny. Is it just my bad memory? Have they ever mentioned anything else being funny?

There are a lot of things the Maxwells have cut out of life that I would mourn if they were cut out of mine, and the lack of humor would be high on my list of horrors.

ETA -- found the post, for anyone who doesn't know the very amusing story. Somehow, Uriah was to blame.

blog.titus2.com/2008/04/03/border-crossing-paperwork-scenery-and-eating-hazards/

Archived