IGNORED

Maxwell Conference in Lee's Summit Missou on Jan 12

SPHASH

I must've missed the last unfast. The kiddo is having a sleepover at her cousins' house so I was already planning on sinfully telling my headship that we'll be dining out. Hmmm, maybe Mexican. With, ya know, flavor and many ingredients, something the poor Maxwells know nothing about. And big, fat margaritas!

Don't forget the burritos with meat. Steve can't tell the difference, you know.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the burritos with meat. Steve can't tell the difference, you know.

:lol: Their bean burritos horrify me for reasons that are probably different than many. I have texture issues and beans, especially in pureed form, are the most disgusting things I've ever tried to choke down. I'd just die in that house for so many reasons...

My husband always gets a Burrito California, which is the size of the plate and stuffed with everything but the kitchen sink. I'm thinking I'll have to finally try one in honor of the unfast.

You know what? FTW, the headship is out of town so I think I will make a flourless chocolate cake, with chocolate ganash, if I have frozen raspberries I will make a sauce. And for desert I might try making chocolate mousse. I may even make a curry sauce for fries, and home made aioli to go with the fries. (Not curry and aioli together) as an appetizer, before the cake, and mousse.

You know what? FTW, the headship is out of town so I think I will make a flourless chocolate cake, with chocolate ganash, if I have frozen raspberries I will make a sauce. And for desert I might try making chocolate mousse. I may even make a curry sauce for fries, and home made aioli to go with the fries. (Not curry and aioli together) as an appetizer, before the cake, and mousse.

The anti-fast committee approves this proposal!

So anti-fast update from the recovering from surgery zone. Bestie is coming over on Saturday. She will be bringing flat whites for sure (she is a kiwi and introduced me to them and while Starbucks aren't the greatest I do like them more than my normal Starbucks coffee) and probably a ton of snack food. She is my husbands relief for the day. She will probably bring booze for her, but I will abstain since I will still be on narcotics. Plan to watch bad tv and I bought some paint by number kits to play with during the day and probably do shrinks dinks too. And then a former coworker turned friend and his wife are bringing beef stroganoff for dinner. So my anti fast includes: f*n, a friend, swearing, watching the beast, eating a lot of crappy processed junk food, having a super rich and awesome dinner made by people who know how to cook, food with flavor and texture. And also, doing paint by number for famous artworks. Maybe I will watch a documentary that has some sort of Eastern religion in it,

So anti-fast update from the recovering from surgery zone. Bestie is coming over on Saturday. She will be bringing flat whites for sure (she is a kiwi and introduced me to them and while Starbucks aren't the greatest I do like them more than my normal Starbucks coffee) and probably a ton of snack food. She is my husbands relief for the day. She will probably bring booze for her, but I will abstain since I will still be on narcotics. Plan to watch bad tv and I bought some paint by number kits to play with during the day and probably do shrinks dinks too. And then a former coworker turned friend and his wife are bringing beef stroganoff for dinner. So my anti fast includes: f*n, a friend, swearing, watching the beast, eating a lot of crappy processed junk food, having a super rich and awesome dinner made by people who know how to cook, food with flavor and texture. And also, doing paint by number for famous artworks. Maybe I will watch a documentary that has some sort of Eastern religion in it,

The anti-fast committee approves this proposal!

I will totally do an unfast! I am having MPFL recon, MCL recon and lateral release to fix a chronic knee cap dislocation issue on the 13th. I am headed into a long three weeks of not working and being bored. My no. Fast won't be great food, since what I have during the day is really shelf stable stuff so I can feed myself without dealing with our stairs. But I can still unfast!

I'm a heathen atheist so I won't pray for you, but I hope your surgery goes well.

Is there any way you could make food beforehand and stick it in the fridge? I have chronic pain and this is my to-go-to nice but simple meal: piece of chicken with some cut up pieces of potato; placed in a deep tray coated with a bit of olive oil; and spiced with oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary.

I'm a heathen atheist so I won't pray for you, but I hope your surgery goes well.

Is there any way you could make food beforehand and stick it in the fridge? I have chronic pain and this is my to-go-to nice but simple meal: piece of chicken with some cut up pieces of potato; placed in a deep tray coated with a bit of olive oil; and spiced with oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary.

Surgery was Tuesday so too late :). But I actually have meals being delivered every night for three weeks, just the daytime eating that I am eating shelf stable. And actually should be good on the anti-fast day because my best friend is coming to relieve my husband for the day and wait on me :)

My Saturday will consist of:

* Cutting up some of the chicken I made broth with tonight and making some chicken fingers (my favourite food)

* Eating Playboy brand chocolate

* Party, with music and dancing and f-u-n

* Beer

* Peppermint schnapps (roommates always buy several bottles for every party)

* Some homebrew a roommate made using some garlic they asked me for. I have no idea how you make alcohol with garlic, but I'll find out!

(Edit: Oops. I'm a week late... Though last Saturday I had F-word too!)

* Cutting up some of the chicken I made broth with tonight and making some chicken fingers (my favourite food)

* Beer

* Some homebrew a roommate made using some garlic they asked me for. I have no idea how you make alcohol with garlic, but I'll find out!

Not too late, Anti-fast is this Sat.

Your proposal is approved! The bolded earns you bonus points towards the next anti-fast.

Today, my anti-fast consisted of baking a chocolate rum cake. It's the first time I've made it, and it has to sit until tomorrow for the chocolate chips to set, but the batter tastes delicious. As a bonus, I remembered to gwease da pan.

I don't know how much I will be able to eat because I will be at camp and the camp is cooking. However, I think all of you will let me count it since I am going camping with my daughter's Girl Scout troop. <I hope we have banana boats>

edit- seriously grammar is not my thing today!

Banana Boats?!? I remember those. Do Girls Scouts still make "Sit Upons" for camp?

TreeMom, I hope you are recovering well. Glad you have some food being brought in each evening. Perhaps you'll have leftovers for lunch?

I am not sure what my anti-fast will include (oh, the pressure). We had sushi last night. I'm making homemade pizza tonight (portabellas and fresh spinach, yum!). It might be too soon for another pot of chili....

Clearly, I failed to make an adequate schedule so I'm left somewhat unprepared for Anti-Fast!! I do have a fair supply of chocolate since I picked up an extra (or two) of most holiday treats purchased last month; so there's no need to panic.

Saturday I am going to have the errant spouse take me to Stuart Anderson's Steak House and have prime rib. They have a 2 for $40 special. I will drink some wine, laugh and talk about the daughter who's learning about real winter in Chi Town.

The house will be full of young adults, some married, some not, who will fellowship by playing board and card games, and will end the night watching each other massacre my favorite rock tunes on Rock Band.They will be having F*N.

Then Sunday after church I will sit my tuchkus down and watch football and pray to what ever deity is handy that the Packers at least get to score one TD against the Sea Hawks and the Indianapolis will shove the football down Brady's throat. ( sorry I can' abide that man).

I hope this gains the approval of the antifast commitee. :happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Saturday I am going to have the errant spouse take me to Stuart Anderson's Steak House and have prime rib. They have a 2 for $40 special. I will drink some wine, laugh and talk about the daughter who's learning about real winter in Chi Town.

The house will be full of young adults, some married, some not, who will fellowship by playing board and card games, and will end the night watching each other massacre my favorite rock tunes on Rock Band.They will be having F*N.

Then Sunday after church I will sit my tuchkus down and watch football and pray to what ever deity is handy that the Packers at least get to score one TD against the Sea Hawks and the Indianapolis will shove the football down Brady's throat. ( sorry I can' abide that man).

I hope this gains the approval of the antifast commitee. :happy-cheerleaderkid::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Approved! And to the bolded, Hell to Yes! Nothing would top the anti-fast better than a good Tommy-wommy game-loss temper tantrum!

For my anti-fast potluck on Sat I am making strawberry fruitfluff and putting together a veggie tray. Other dishes being brought to the potluck are lasagna, barbeque, salads, garlic bread and dessert. Saturday afternoon before the poltuck I am going snowshoeing, Sunday I don't know what I will eat, but I'm going to the neighborhood bar and getting my football fix.

For my anti-fast potluck on Sat I am making strawberry fruitfluff and putting together a veggie tray. Other dishes being brought to the potluck are lasagna, barbeque, salads, garlic bread and dessert. Saturday afternoon before the poltuck I am going snowshoeing, Sunday I don't know what I will eat, but I'm going to the neighborhood bar and getting my football fix.

Any anti-fast that involves fruitfluff, is automatically approved!

Today, my anti-fast consisted of baking a chocolate rum cake. It's the first time I've made it, and it has to sit until tomorrow for the chocolate chips to set, but the batter tastes delicious. As a bonus, I remembered to gwease da pan.

The anti-fast committee has approved your request, as any chocolate cake with booze, is always approved. For future reference, greasing the pan is not required. You are allowed to eat it straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.

The anti-fast committee has approved your request, as any chocolate cake with booze, is always approved. For future reference, greasing the pan is not required. You are allowed to eat it straight out of the pan with a wooden spoon.

Well, I would have, but I plan on being a selfless martyr and *sharing* ( :o ) it with friends. :lol: I also plan on drizzling a rum butter icing on top, so there's that. :mrgreen:

* Beer

Gosh I once got so drunk off peppermint schnaps I almost ended up in the hospital. Just hearing peppermint schnapps make me want to hurl.

My anti-fast (and general anti-Maxwell-stuff) plan for Saturday:

- watching TV and snuggling my dog for a while when I wake up.

- lesson plans, bills and tax-related paperwork, because I am a woman who earns money and owns a house.

- driving, by myself, to go to work -- these are lessons that were rescheduled (changing the schedule -- very non-Maxwell!) to help my students out.

- teaching students to play music they chose, on an instrument they like/love (four kids, varying opinions), without a thought of whether it is becoming an idol. Oh, and the family happens to be Mormon.

- listening to Bill Nye's book Undeniable as I drive.

- spending time with my Mom, because we actually enjoy one another, not because I am pitying The Elderly.

- I haven't thought about what to eat, but, since we are protesting the Maxwells' gray life, I think one meal will have to be steak -- really good steak. The dog is getting raw smelt that day, and I will treat the bird to fresh millet sprays.

So Saturday I'm getting together with a girlfriend to watch Kirk Cameron's latest dreck, drink, eat Cheetos and laugh our asses off. F*n - I'm doing it right!

Gosh I once got so drunk off peppermint schnaps I almost ended up in the hospital. Just hearing peppermint schnapps make me want to hurl.

I'm the same way with Dr. McGillicuddy's Mint Schnapps.

In honor of the anti-fast, I'm making Korean style spicy fried chicken, to be washed down with a bottle of lovely vintage champagne I've been meaning to open, followed by herbal refreshments and chocolate chip cookies. Suck it, Steve.

For my anti fast I'm sleeping late, eating junk food then going to see into the woods with my bestie where I plan to drink Diet Cokes and popcorn with lots of butter and then we'll go out to eat more food that'd probably not good for us.

Archived