IGNORED

Maxwell Conference in Lee's Summit Missou on Jan 12

SPHASH

Me.

I'm on holiday next wk so I will have to spend my time on the beach surrounded by half naked bodies. And I'll probably go to a winery for lunch.

And when I die, I'll gladly join the rest of the FJites in hell.

Heck, we go whole hog and spend our time at the au natural beach in our birthday suits.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We Methodists have always called it a potluck. Guess we are all going to hell.

Pot Providence! I've seen this for real somewhere :lol: i have selective alliteration amnesia though, can't remember where that was.

Pot Providence! I've seen this for real somewhere :lol: i have selective alliteration amnesia though, can't remember where that was.

That, dear friends, was none other than our own Dougie Phillips, late of Vision Forum fame.

Oh! Oh! I don't know if you are in the U.S. but I made the BEST FIND EVER at the grocery store recently. First I came across Frozen Sarah Lee pound cake - a box of individually wrapped slices. I bought that for quick desserts for hubby and me.

But then...and this is the best part...when I went back for more...I found the same thing in CHOCOLATE. A BOX OF INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE SLICES!!! If you, like me, happen to keep a can of fudge frosting on hand, these things will save your sanity, your marriage and possibly even THE WORLD!!

*Please excuse the caps and exclamation points but....CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Rebecca K is that you?

What the hell is Steve's post about? He "knows a 'dad' in the Kansas City area looking for men to work for him? Or perhaps is the 'dad"?

What does that convoluted post mean? If Steve knows the 'dad' why don't people contact the 'dad'? Does anyone else get dizzy reading the Maxhells?

What the hell is Steve's post about? He "knows a 'dad' in the Kansas City area looking for men to work for him? Or perhaps is the 'dad"?

What does that convoluted post mean? If Steve knows the 'dad' why don't people contact the 'dad'? Does anyone else get dizzy reading the Maxhells?

And of course, the applicant HAS to be a man. I wonder what Stevehovah would do if Nicole "The Rehab Addict" Curtis showed up? I'm sure she would give him quite an earful.

I will totally do an unfast! I am having MPFL recon, MCL recon and lateral release to fix a chronic knee cap dislocation issue on the 13th. I am headed into a long three weeks of not working and being bored. My no. Fast won't be great food, since what I have during the day is really shelf stable stuff so I can feed myself without dealing with our stairs. But I can still unfast!

Just the fact that you're calling it potluck makes it a good antifast. Good Christans are now calling it pot blessing, I swear.

And pot providence. BCA called it that as I recall

The Duggars book (one of the parental written ones) talk of them calling pot lucks 'pot faith' because they don't believe in luck.

Does that preclude them from eating Lucky Charms I wonder? Maybe I'll get a box of Lucky Charms for the 17th. They are also MAGICally delicious! Snack on Lucky Charms, watch Harry Potter, and turn on my dusty ceiling fan. Done.

I'm there, I'm invited to a party that night that will include chili and wine/beer and who knows what else!

I thought I missed it. I am going to bake another flourless chocolate cAke. Yippee!

Had a little preview of the unfast today. Homemade Challah, butternut squash soup with curry and baharat, stuffed grape-vine leaves (store bought, alas - I'll do better next time), roasted peppers, baked eggplant slices marinated in sweet chilli sauce and just enough garlic to make it interesting, beetroot salad, boeuf Bourguignon, green salad with dried cherries and pecans and the magic ingredient* dressing, roast potatoes, spinach tart for my vegetarian Cloudlet, homemade chocolate mousse and cherry pie our dinner guests brought, all washed down with Chianti and bubbly wine we didn't open on New Year's, and some truly fantastic home-brewed espresso courtesy of Headship. Oh, and he also mopped the floors and cleaned a stain on the sofa made by our guests' cute toddler blessing.

What do you think would a true Maxwell do when faced with freshly baked Challah topped with roasted pepper and a cube of fresh feta cheese? Or a bowl of chocolate mousse with raspberries?**

* pomegranate molasses - the stuff legends are made of.

** I promise y'all we don't eat like that every day. I went the extra mile for our guests *** and it was really, really good.

*** Shoes off in our house.

Oh and I will totally be sitting in front of the telly the Beast.

There, I translated that into Stevism.

I thought I missed it. I am going to bake another flourless chocolate cAke. Yippee!

Would that be a sachertorte? I had a friend who used to make those for me on my birthday.

:drool:

Hey! I'll be doing a whole lot of baking on the 17th, getting ready for coffee hour at my Hippie Pagan New-Agey Gay UU Church, and for my Ungodly Papist Baby Sister's birthday party! I'll be able to anti-fast with the best of 'em!

Had a little preview of the unfast today. Homemade Challah, butternut squash soup with curry and baharat, stuffed grape-vine leaves (store bought, alas - I'll do better next time), roasted peppers, baked eggplant slices marinated in sweet chilli sauce and just enough garlic to make it interesting, beetroot salad, boeuf Bourguignon, green salad with dried cherries and pecans and the magic ingredient* dressing, roast potatoes, spinach tart for my vegetarian Cloudlet, homemade chocolate mousse and cherry pie our dinner guests brought, all washed down with Chianti and bubbly wine we didn't open on New Year's, and some truly fantastic home-brewed espresso courtesy of Headship. Oh, and he also mopped the floors and cleaned a stain on the sofa made by our guests' cute toddler blessing.

What do you think would a true Maxwell do when faced with freshly baked Challah topped with roasted pepper and a cube of fresh feta cheese? Or a bowl of chocolate mousse with raspberries?**

* pomegranate molasses - the stuff legends are made of.

** I promise y'all we don't eat like that every day. I went the extra mile for our guests *** and it was really, really good.

*** Shoes off in our house.

I want to unfast at your house every day! That is a delicious-sounding FEAST.

I'm there, I'm invited to a party that night that will include chili and wine/beer and who knows what else!

I don't know how much I will be able to eat because I will be at camp and the camp is cooking. However, I think all of you will let me count it since I am going camping with my daughter's Girl Scout troop.

edit- seriously grammar is not my thing today!

Oh! Oh! I don't know if you are in the U.S. but I made the BEST FIND EVER at the grocery store recently. First I came across Frozen Sarah Lee pound cake - a box of individually wrapped slices. I bought that for quick desserts for hubby and me.

But then...and this is the best part...when I went back for more...I found the same thing in CHOCOLATE. A BOX OF INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE SLICES!!! If you, like me, happen to keep a can of fudge frosting on hand, these things will save your sanity, your marriage and possibly even THE WORLD!!

*Please excuse the caps and exclamation points but....CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Fluffy? Is that you?!

<

>

I must've missed the last unfast. The kiddo is having a sleepover at her cousins' house so I was already planning on sinfully telling my headship that we'll be dining out. Hmmm, maybe Mexican. With, ya know, flavor and many ingredients, something the poor Maxwells know nothing about. And big, fat margaritas!

Archived