IGNORED

Maxwell Conference in Lee's Summit Missou on Jan 12

SPHASH

I noticed it when I was reading Teri's Moms Corner article. BTW the newest Moms corner is a pip. When they go to CO and go hike a 14er, they get up at 1:30 am for their bible time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can never get over what lousy time managers the Maxwells are. It's one thing to get up early because you have a fairly tight window before the weather turns. It's another thing entirely to be so inflexible that you can't cope without 2 hours of prep time. Why is it so hard to pack the night before and to plan for something portable for breakfast so you can eat on the road? And why not include bible time at the same time. I know their lives are so stultifying that their schedules are usually a way of filling in hours of boredom and usually it makes sense to drag things out as much as possible but sometimes, even in Maxwell, multitasking is a much more sensible approach.

Seriously. What better place for Bible study than a spot from which you can better survey the majesty of God's creation? Duh.

There whole website is quickly becoming one big infomercial. Their blogs, corners, and Dad's thing all point to how much better "our" lives would be if we used their products. They can't write anything anymore without trying to sell something, directly or indirectly.

I wonder how God feels about appearing in their infomercial....

:disgust:

Yesterday I was at Bible Study and I was reading the portion from last week that I missed. This verse immediately stuck out as what Steve ( Hi Steve!!!!!) must live by:

11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ :naughty:

He doesn't consider people outside his tightly held family as anyone who could stand in front of the throne and be admitted in.

I noticed it when I was reading Teri's Moms Corner article. BTW the newest Moms corner is a pip. When they go to CO and go hike a 14er, they get up at 1:30 am for their bible time.

Sleep Deprivation is key in cults like the Maxwell family. I wonder how much preaching about the evils of the outside world they include on these vacations? I mean, we never hear of any recreation on these vacations beyond the forced marches hikes. Do they even go fishing and eat a fresh caught trout? I'm thinking of my Colorado vacations, and they include hikes, but also include horseback rides, off roading, 4 wheel cycles or snowmobiles up mountains, fishing, shopping, restaurants, spas, dancing, skiing,reading--and shopping, site seeing, etc. Do they ever do anything other than hike?

Psychology Today

psychologytoday.com/blog/sideways-view/201402/why-do-people-join-cults

Essentially five things make extreme groups dangerous to their member:

First, they demand that they sever all ties with people (family, friends) and organisations (schools, churches). This naturally makes them more dependent on the cult itself and helps create the person's new identity. They start again, wipe the slate clean. This rule is also found in extreme in Christian Monastic orders.

And in the Maxwells and the Ardnts

Second, the members are required to show immediate and unquestioning obedience to rules and regulations which maybe arbitrary, petty or pointless. The idea is to ensure allegiance and obedience. This strategy is used to "break-in" all army recruits. It is the very stuff of boot camps.

But I love my Daddy Allegiance. Honestly, when you were 30, would you be going along with the birthday eve song and dance in your parent's bedroom? When you were 16? Would you be content that your church was in a nursing home all through your 20s?

Third, group members often have to do long hours of tedious work. It maybe drilling, begging for money, cooking, followed by compulsory reading, chanting or mediating. Recruits usually become physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. Sleep deprivation is a good start. It's all part of the induction process.
So, we have the Maxwells, as a group, dusting cabinets. We have the Ardnts making the eternal video/movie. We have Bible study in the middle of the night, we have speaking in tongues for a couple of hours a day.... and both the Ardnts and the Maxwells consistently work out more than most people, even most fit people.

Fourth, all groups need money to exist. Some are very much into money both as an end and as a means. This may, therefore, quickly involve recruits getting involved in illegal, or semi-legal activities. Groups that are state supported or those with a long history of operation may, however, be different. Members need to understand how, when and why money is required and to set about getting it quickly.

All members of the family cults we follow are involved in the big family projects. We don't know how much of their individual earnings they retain, vs how much goes to the collective.

Fifth, groups make exit costs very high. Leaving is associated with failure, persecution and isolation. It is more than just a waste of time and effort. They make you feel as if nothing will ever be the same as you will be an outcast. It is made to sound a very unattractive, indeed impossible, option.

We don't know specifics, but based on the report we got from the Wichita attendee, Steve was badmouthing the potential wife who opted out... and we have often wondered how the Ardnts keep so many adults in the fold....

But, sleep deprivation and forced marches sound to me less like "what some might call a vacation" and more like "confirming the conditioning" .

I mean, we never hear of any recreation on these vacations beyond the forced marches hikes. Do they even go fishing and eat a fresh caught trout? I'm thinking of my Colorado vacations, and they include hikes, but also include horseback rides, off roading, 4 wheel cycles or snowmobiles up mountains, fishing, shopping, restaurants, spas, dancing, skiing,reading--and shopping, site seeing, etc. Do they ever do anything other than hike?

Well, aside from hiking, all we've seen them do is kayak and feed the chipmunks. I can't imagine Steve ever allowing the girls to do anything like biking or horseback riding or anything else that means they have to sit straddling something. Sooooo immodest and unladylike and we can't have it putting impure thoughts in their heads, now, can we?

Couldn't the Maxwell women learn to ride a horse or a pony sidesaddle?

Sleep Deprivation is key in cults like the Maxwell family. I wonder how much preaching about the evils of the outside world they include on these vacations? I mean, we never hear of any recreation on these vacations beyond the forced marches hikes. Do they even go fishing and eat a fresh caught trout? I'm thinking of my Colorado vacations, and they include hikes, but also include horseback rides, off roading, 4 wheel cycles or snowmobiles up mountains, fishing, shopping, restaurants, spas, dancing, skiing,reading--and shopping, site seeing, etc. Do they ever do anything other than hike?

Psychology Today

psychologytoday.com/blog/sideways-view/201402/why-do-people-join-cults

And in the Maxwells and the Ardnts

But I love my Daddy Allegiance. Honestly, when you were 30, would you be going along with the birthday eve song and dance in your parent's bedroom? When you were 16? Would you be content that your church was in a nursing home all through your 20s?

So, we have the Maxwells, as a group, dusting cabinets. We have the Ardnts making the eternal video/movie. We have Bible study in the middle of the night, we have speaking in tongues for a couple of hours a day.... and both the Ardnts and the Maxwells consistently work out more than most people, even most fit people.

All members of the family cults we follow are involved in the big family projects. We don't know how much of their individual earnings they retain, vs how much goes to the collective.

We don't know specifics, but based on the report we got from the Wichita attendee, Steve was badmouthing the potential wife who opted out... and we have often wondered how the Ardnts keep so many adults in the fold....

But, sleep deprivation and forced marches sound to me less like "what some might call a vacation" and more like "confirming the conditioning" .

Add food deprivation to the list. Steve is doing another fast on the 17th of Jan. Who wants to do an unfast?

Me.

I'm on holiday next wk so I will have to spend my time on the beach surrounded by half naked bodies. And I'll probably go to a winery for lunch.

And when I die, I'll gladly join the rest of the FJites in hell.

Add food deprivation to the list. Steve is doing another fast on the 17th of Jan. Who wants to do an unfast?

I'm there, I'm invited to a party that night that will include chili and wine/beer and who knows what else!

I'm in too. I'm supposed to be going to a Jamaican restaurant that day, so bring on the goat curry and conch fritters!

The 17th? K. I'll make sure to either go out to eat that night, even if it means taking the baby along ( :shock: ), or make something rich and delicious. And to wash it all down? :soda: :twisted:

Even if you stay in, order take out and eat in front of the telly you'll be doing something completely antiMaxwellian. Especially if you do the ordering.

ARE YOU JOKING??? Can you get me the text for this? This article will be life changing.

Even if you stay in, order take out and eat in front of the telly you'll be doing something completely antiMaxwellian. Especially if you do the ordering.

Make your headship to pick up take out.

Yesssssssss! I loved the last anti fast, it was awesome as it was a day that I had a good reason to eat whatever I like. Its like at Christmas, it is okay to eat non stop from getting up to going to sleep, but if you did that on another day it would seem wrong and unhealthy. And youre doing it for a cause! So its super moral and awesome!

"I really shouldn't have another slice of chocolate cake, even though it looks delicious! But wait, I have to, as I am anti-fasting against cult leaders like Steve Maxwell. Its like a protest, so its like saving the world with every chocolatey slice!"

I'm going to a potluck that day so I will eat well.

Just the fact that you're calling it potluck makes it a good antifast. Good Christans are now calling it pot blessing, I swear.

Make your headship to pick up take out.

And call to remind him not to forget on his way home. :dance:

Just the fact that you're calling it potluck makes it a good antifast. Good Christans are now calling it pot blessing, I swear.

We Methodists have always called it a potluck. Guess we are all going to hell.

I have been lucky enough to never miss a meal and I am not going to start.

Another anti-fast, I'm in!!

This one is even on a Sat. that means I can devote the full day to gluttony and not just dinner!!

Yesssssssss! I loved the last anti fast, it was awesome as it was a day that I had a good reason to eat whatever I like. Its like at Christmas, it is okay to eat non stop from getting up to going to sleep, but if you did that on another day it would seem wrong and unhealthy. And youre doing it for a cause! So its super moral and awesome!

"I really shouldn't have another slice of chocolate cake, even though it looks delicious! But wait, I have to, as I am anti-fasting against cult leaders like Steve Maxwell. Its like a protest, so its like saving the world with every chocolatey slice!"

I like your thinking!!!

It's all good, it is for an important cause!!

Archived