IGNORED

It's NYE... Are the Maxwells praying & weeping for us?

SPHASH

My sympathy to you EBP. Steve must read here cuz there is a Happy New Year post up. Looks really strange with no Joe in it.

I like how Sarah is getting in a little rebellion in the family picture. She didn't place her hands together like Anna and Mary. Way to be different Sarah!

Haha!

Why can't I find this? I only get the home page.

They probably took it down. Fortunately, the Wayback Machine has it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120709052 ... -fire.html

It sounds like they had a great time.

One of the things we prayed for was that God would help us to see the eminent danger of the hell-fire our neighbors are facing. We prayed for the ability of almost being able to picture hell and the suffering of those in it. We wanted our hearts to be even more broken for those who don't believe on Jesus. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God†(John 3:18). We desired to feel an urgency in sharing Jesus Christ so that none in our neighborhood would be lost.

Just some verses for Steve to consider. :D

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Prov. 17:22

For the joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 18:3

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 1 Tim. 6:17

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Gal. 5: 22-23

and many more here about joy: kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Joy/

and then this one, which sounds somewhat like Maxhell: "And cast out the useless bondman into the outer darkness; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth." Matt. 25:30

And why not bless the neighbors with the hope of Heaven and joy of salvation from struggles, to a peaceful life, instead of scare tactics - preaching at them with the fear of hell and making his children focus on imagining hell fires? Oh, right - control by fear.

So weird, I JUST read this yesterday. Without help of a wayback machine.

I've found this often with links to the Corners. I'll take the links and put them in the browser and it will just take me to the Titus 2 homepage. However when I do a google search with the link, then I'll get a result that will take me to the page (all praise Google!!). Not sure why that is.

I've found this often with links to the Corners. I'll take the links and put them in the browser and it will just take me to the Titus 2 homepage. However when I do a google search with the link, then I'll get a result that will take me to the page (all praise Google!!). Not sure why that is.

Maybe enrolling in One Ton Ramp could help you with that. ;)

I visited Tit2 & saw the family photo/post for the New Year. Ole Steve is a sly one.

I was asleep before midnight on NYE. I was tired and knew I had to get to the gym on Thursday morning- before the fitness resolution makers got there. Lol

I noticed the write up about Mt. Columbia and Mt. Harvard. Sadly this is as close to universities as the Maxwell chidults will ever get.

Steve, you're still an asshat.

I've also found putting the www. back in manually helps for some reason. Not sure why.

It's kind of goofy, the link will work if you add www. in front of it. The Corners are like that for some reason.

I visited Tit2 & saw the family photo/post for the New Year. Ole Steve is a sly one.

I was asleep before midnight on NYE. I was tired and knew I had to get to the gym on Thursday morning- before the fitness resolution makers got there. Lol

I noticed the write up about Mt. Columbia and Mt. Harvard. Sadly this is as close to universities as the Maxwell chidults will ever get.

Steve, you're still an asshat.

:embarrassed: Uh, I have no idea what you're talking about here. :embarrassed:

I'm probably over thinking but is Sarah well? In the New Year's family picture (on the blog) everyone in the family is wearing a light sweater (Steve is in a jacket) or light hoodie…except Sarah who is wearing a down filled vest. It just seems odd to me. We keep our home fairly cool and in the winter I am usually in a sweater but I only wear down vests/coats to go outside. Another small but odd thing: the rest of the children (!) hiked up the mountain together but Sarah hung back with her parents who presumably were going at a slower pace.

I wonder if she is losing weight and now finds it cooler than the rest of the family and finds it hard to keep pace with her siblings.

I consulted my headship and my request was denied. My headship determined the money would be better spend on MOAR FANCY FEAST!!!!

I'm probably over thinking but is Sarah well? In the New Year's family picture (on the blog) everyone in the family is wearing a light sweater (Steve is in a jacket) or light hoodie…except Sarah who is wearing a down filled vest. It just seems odd to me. We keep our home fairly cool and in the winter I am usually in a sweater but I only wear down vests/coats to go outside. Another small but odd thing: the rest of the children (!) hiked up the mountain together but Sarah hung back with her parents who presumably were going at a slower pace.

I wonder if she is losing weight and now finds it cooler than the rest of the family and finds it hard to keep pace with her siblings.

I noticed Sarah wearing the down vest in portrait-style photographs that were recently posted as well.

I really think she just likes the way it looks. I was reminded of myself when I was a little kid. There were certain clothing/accessory items I would wear that would be strange but I liked the way they looked or felt so I perceived them as 'stylish'. I didn't have a frame of reference for fashion because I simply wasn't aware of what was around me and this may be the case for Sarah. Or maybe I'm not giving her enough credit. Perhaps she saw a couple of people wearing vests during an outing, so in her small world it is fashionable now and she is a modern woman keeping up with the times.

Sarah, dear, the word you are looking for is "imminent." "Eminent" means well-known and respected.

New Years Eve in Maxhell sounds like a laugh a minute. It makes me glad that I took a dose of NyQuil and went to sleep.

Agreed, FloraKitty35.

I commiserate with the NyQuil. I love that stuff, but taking it and going to bed early on NYE because I am sick sucked.

I noticed Sarah wearing the down vest in portrait-style photographs that were recently posted as well.

I really think she just likes the way it looks. I was reminded of myself when I was a little kid. There were certain clothing/accessory items I would wear that would be strange but I liked the way they looked or felt so I perceived them as 'stylish'. I didn't have a frame of reference for fashion because I simply wasn't aware of what was around me and this may be the case for Sarah. Or maybe I'm not giving her enough credit. Perhaps she saw a couple of people wearing vests during an outing, so in her small world it is fashionable now and she is a modern woman keeping up with the times.

You are probably right. I guess I worry because it seems to me that Steve has created the perfect set up for an eating disorder. Particularly in the case of Sarah who has few (?any) outlets (and no change possible in the foreseeable future) that are not tightly controlled by Steve. Poor Sarah.

Archived