IGNORED

It's NYE... Are the Maxwells praying & weeping for us?

SPHASH

• 3 weeks later...

It's NYE... Will we get some lame ass post tomorrow from Sarah about the Maxhells weeping & praying for the heathens on NYE? Or are they too busy this year cleaning fans & scrubbing cabinets to pray for us?

Hiiiiiiiii Stevehovah, you gigantic jerk as stick in the mud asshat!

Oh, rest assured, there will be much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments in Leavenworth tonight.

Me? I'm welcoming 2015 by going to a performance of Beethoven's 9th. Ode to Joy!!

Oh friends, not these tones!

Let us raise our voices in more

Pleasing and more joyful sounds!

Happy New Year!! :occasion-partyblower:

Well this year I'm staying home cuz I'm recovering from a cold, but in his eyes I'm still a heathen cuz I wear pants, have a career, don't want kids, have impure thoughts about Channing Tatum (yes I know he is bi), watch sports, and go to a real church where a woman is the pastor.

That is a very odd way to started a new year. Do u think they have any New Year resulotions? Like instead of praying 2 hours a day they change it up and do 3 hours a day.

The Maxwell might spend their NYE weeping for lost souls but I think that, deep down, they don't actually mean it.

The appeal of the Maxwellian heaven is its exclusivity. They certainly don't want the likes of us polluting the place with our jokes and opinions and such. (I think it's the one thing Steve and the FJ collective might agree on. None of us would want to spend eternity in Maxheaven either.)

I just want to make the first post of the new year. Happy New Year, everyone!

When I saw the thread title I thought bill Nye was making the maxwell's head spin. This is much less interesting.

And what an awful way to spend New Year's Eve!

I swear Steve Maxwell was the inspiration for a chatacter named 'Knit Knots', on a show called Imagination Movers, when my son was little. His favorite color was beige, and he surrounded himself with things that were boring, because anyting else scared him. I hope the pic uploaded, I've never attached a pic before.

post-6718-14451999788673_thumb.jpg

Weep for me, Maxwells. At least I was out spending time with good friends and not alone like usual earlier tonight. :lol: I'm nowhere near Maxhell approval level, anyway. Too liberal and too secular.

I forgot about this awesome tradition of theirs! But my exhausted almost-4-month-old apparently didn't. She wept both before and after midnight. The party we attended--with wonderful FRIENDS, Steve--wore her out. Or maybe she was just horrified at the heathen company we keep.

It's NYE... Will we get some lame ass post tomorrow from Sarah about the Maxhells weeping & praying for the heathens on NYE? Or are they too busy this year cleaning fans & scrubbing cabinets to pray for us?

:pink-shock:

What, they didn´t even get a break on New Year´s Eve? :?

I mean, of course it´s the Maxwells. I didn´t expect the "boys" launching fireworks in the garden, the "girls" going wild on their best bling-bling and glitter make-up and Steve & Terrie handing out cigars and booze-laced shortcakes....

BUT C´MON! Not even a glass of apple juice and lots of side hugs? Not even a bonfire... JUST TINY ONE... tiny... with them singing, well, whatever they are singing at their gigs?

Nothing? Nada? Nix?

Also: What are they doing about their neighbours celebrating? Close all of the curtains and move Family Bible Time[tm][/tm] down to the basement?

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR then, FreeJinger!

I hope yours, however you may have celebrated it, was nothing like the one in Maxhell ... :occasion-partyblower:

Ok, I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. My first pregnancy after 10 years of being told I cannot conceive. This Christmas and New Years have sucked. The first time I have laughed is imagining Family Bible Time being rushed into the basement so thank you FJ! Haha. The trademark symbol cracked me up.

Ok, I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. My first pregnancy after 10 years of being told I cannot conceive. This Christmas and New Years have sucked. The first time I have laughed is imagining Family Bible Time being rushed into the basement so thank you FJ! Haha. The trademark symbol cracked me up.

I'm sorry to hear this Eternalbluepearl, HUGS!!! I'm glad you were able to get a laugh - you deserve it. Here's hoping this year is much better.

Here's the post from last year: titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/fire-fire.html

They really can't be happy for even one night, can they?

I'm crossing my fingers for a new bean burrito recipe that's less bland-sounding.

They're going to get all wild and crazy during 2015, and branch off from beige to include taupe.

I had to think of poor Sarah and her tasteless brown bean slop today when I made beans for burritos. They were actually pretty tasty. The exotic things like spices and beer probably helped. And the fact that they weren't boiled for a day and a half.

EBPearl, I'm so sorry.

Well this year I'm staying home cuz I'm recovering from a cold, but in his eyes I'm still a heathen cuz I wear pants, have a career, don't want kids, have impure thoughts about Channing Tatum (yes I know he is bi), watch sports, and go to a real church where a woman is the pastor.

Make room for one more on the bus to hell, sister. "Impure Thoughts About Channing Tatum" should be a PPV channel.

Eternalbluepearl, I am so sorry. Many hugs to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

:hug: I'm so sorry, EBP. Best wishes to you.

I'm sorry too, EBP! And glad that the mental image of the Maxhells gave you a chuckle.

I like how Sarah is getting in a little rebellion in the family picture. She didn't place her hands together like Anna and Mary. Way to be different Sarah!

:pink-shock:

What, they didn´t even get a break on New Year´s Eve? :?

I mean, of course it´s the Maxwells. I didn´t expect the "boys" launching fireworks in the garden, the "girls" going wild on their best bling-bling and glitter make-up and Steve & Terrie handing out cigars and booze-laced shortcakes....

BUT C´MON! Not even a glass of apple juice and lots of side hugs? Not even a bonfire... JUST TINY ONE... tiny... with them singing, well, whatever they are singing at their gigs?

Nothing? Nada? Nix?

:

They used to play board games on NYE, but several years ago they (well, Steve) decided they should pray and cry for their unsaved neighbors on NYE.

So, even the little bit of fun and frivolity they had was out the window.

Very sorry for your loss EBP.

Archived