IGNORED

Maxwells shilling for Scamaritan

Dark Matters

Was there a religious opposition to insurance prior to the Obamacare freakout?

For that matter, are there any fundies who claim a religious exemption to fire department taxes? Because those are a form of insurance too - everyone pays taxes, but not everyone ends up needing the fire department.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really doubt any of them have ever had a gynecologist medical exam or screening. As if just living a holy life can prevent all ills. And when they get married they probably prefer to use a midwife at home for all checks. The Maxwells' extremely modest way of living probably results in the hubby knowing more about the wife than the wife knows about herself. Which is probably fine to them, since the hubby "owns" that part of the wife.

Agree!

It disgusts me that they take a Story from the Bible about loving your neighbor- no matter who they are- and perverting it beyond recognition.

Way to miss the point.

At one point one of the employees of Scamaritan dropped by FJ and I asked him this very question. He wouldn't and, most likely couldn't, answer.

At one point one of the employees of Scamaritan dropped by FJ and I asked him this very question. He wouldn't and, most likely couldn't, answer.

lol i kind of picture him stuttering, "but...but jesus!" before running off. :lol: thank you for that mental image this morning.

lol i kind of picture him stuttering, "but...but jesus!" before running off. :lol: thank you for that mental image this morning.

I remember that!

So I read the entire ridiculous booklet. It made sure to say multiple times that they are NOT ebil insurance and that there is NO guarantee they will pay. YOU are responsible for your bills, regardless of your participation in their plan.

Depending on your level of "participation" - single, couple, family... (interestingly enough they say multiple times that a single parent is widowed or divorced but "legally separated" shows up in the fine print... not sure if that requires that you were ever married) you are assigned a sick person to send your money to monthly. You are to pray for that person, send a note of encouragement, and send your monthly dues. Of course, you can send more if you want and the person gets to keep that money, even if its over their bill total.

If you have a claim you have to fill out a form, likely affirming that you were smitten by the LORD whilst doing righteous things. You send the form along with your bills to Samaritan Ministries. They have negotiators who then try and whittle your bill down. About 30 days later (and once your bill is late) you are "published" in the newsletter and your case is assigned to prayer warriors. They are very careful not to use the word "claim" because that smacks of insurance and legal obligation to pay. You will then receive checks in the mail. If you get more money than your outstanding bill due to their awesome negotiators getting it lowered, then you have to call them and send the money to someone else.

Cancer, heart defects etc are covered (you are allowed to drink but not to excess) but only up to 250k in the main program. You can join their secondary program for $15/year plus what you promise to save. No tobacco products except for the traditional cigar after a baby is born. If you have a need that is outside of the program they MAY publish it separately and you can beg others to help you out. Heart meds are publishable only up to a 90 day supply.

Routine or "plannable" medical care is NOT covered. You should budget for that. You should also budget for your entire family getting the flu since that wont exceed the publishable limit even with Tamiflu costing $140. No mention of vaccines, I'm guessing because they are ebil and not trusting of the LORD. Heaven forbid someone should want Gardisil...

I remember that!

I sent the organization an email after that and asked the same question. Got no reply. I would think that they would have come up with some reply to this question. Somebody in that organization has to have realized that they would be the bad guys in the Good Samaritan story.

I sent the organization an email after that and asked the same question. Got no reply. I would think that they would have come up with some reply to this question. Somebody in that organization has to have realized that they would be the bad guys in the Good Samaritan story.

they're probably in denial. whoever read your e-mail and your post probably immediately put their fingers in their ears and started saying, "lalala, it isn't true, lalala, christ is lord, lalala..."

Archived