IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

I have no idea why they caroled on 12/7, and it really isn't that big a deal.

But we all know how Steve gets more and more extreme once he latches on to an idea, and it got me thinking -- thinking to the tune of O Holy Night (lawlifelgbt, my apologies in advance to your wife - sing it mentally only, if you want those cookies):

Pearl Harbor Day - the Maxwells are wassailing,

Though it’s a day that in infamy lives.

Loudly their songs our ears are now assailing,

It is so early – hey, Stevey, what gives?

It thrills old Steve to give his kids no choices,

“We sing tonight, don’t dare to look forlorn!â€

Plug up your ears! Here come the Maxwell voices!

Oh night too soon. Oh night when others mourn.

Oh night too soon, Oh night, O night too soon!

Led by the light of Stevey’s flashlight beaming

With open mouths by their neighbors’ they stand

Poppy seed loaves, with ersatz butter gleaming,

Each Maxwell holds in a hot little hand.

Just count your blessings, Stevey could get stranger,

Start sooner yet, if he goes ’round the bend:

“Hey! Labor Day! Of frost, there’s little danger.

Let’s carol then, we’ll start a brand new trend!

That’s not too soon, I say it’s not too soon!â€

Who cares what meanings days may have to others,

Steve’s law is all that his family has got.

“Let’s go on Fathers’ Day, again on Mothers’!

All Ramadan, Holi and Tu B’shvat!

Why wait to start this music in December,

Since no one ever tires of Christmas tunes!â€

Steve is in charge of every family member.

So sing Silent Night, even though it is mid-June!

O night too soon, O night, O night too soon!

[bBvideo 560,340:2v1dy2gm]

[/bBvideo]

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I lived within a five mile radius of them, not only would my porch light be off the entire month of December but the front curtains would be drawn and an email would direct any visitors to the rear entrance. :D

Sorry about that sloppy quote work; but I'm just agreeing with NellieBell and Jana 814.

I was just so excited to get the Youtube clip to work, I didn't try to do one more thing... :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

One of the commenters ( Rachael, I think) on the carolling post is having a difficult time working out the logistics of carol singing & # of homes... :?

And am I the only one who reads Johnna as Jonah? I don't know why but that's what I hear whenever I see one of his/ her posts.

Have they ever said what songs they sing? If the lyrics to row row row your boat are offensive enough that Steve needs to white them out of the songbook, I can't imagine they're allowed to sing anything about santa, red-nosed reindeer, or snow.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read the comment about them singing In the Bleak Midwinter over and over. That one fits them all too well.

Have they ever said what songs they sing? If the lyrics to row row row your boat are offensive enough that Steve needs to white them out of the songbook, I can't imagine they're allowed to sing anything about santa, red-nosed reindeer, or snow.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read the comment about them singing In the Bleak Midwinter over and over. That one fits them all too well.

They sing this:

Have you read the intro to the latest post? I tell us something's up!!! I predict it's all about my studly John!

Well, we can't have any hope it's about Sarah, now, can we? Sigh. Certainly not with that wilted poinsettia in her hair. What a direct representation of her life. Poor Sarah.

The Maxwell ladies went to a neighbor's house for Christmas tea.

blog .titus2.com/2014/12/14/a-christmas-tea

These people really are into staying in shape. The pic of someone's plate shows cookies cut in half. One was a waffle cookie. Just a thin, plain, un-frosted waffle cookie.

Question: How do you tell Sarah, Anna and Mary apart? They look like clones. omg, what if the fundie army of the future is a horde of SarahAnnaMary clones? :o :lol:

They sing this:

That is so hilarious :lol: i have to post the video i hope you don't mind. :worship: and is Mr. Hankey a poo? because, that's even more awesome. :D

[bBvideo 560,340:2t6a0p54]

[/bBvideo]

Looks like just the neighbor lady and all Maxwells. I wonder if there were others invited besides the Maxwells?

Makes me wonder if I had A Christmas tea and invited the Maxwells if they would show up? Granted I don't have a giant JESUS sign in my living room

That waffle cookie looks to me like the Dutch "stroopwafel", which is two waffles with a maple syrop filling, it's chewy in texture and delicious and definitely not a health food, lol

With the Maxwells history of family diets I can see why cookies cut in half could be interpreted as obsessive, but personally I'd want to sample all the cakes and would probably do the same :-)

I am not going to criticize them for cutting them in half. That lady put out quite the spread. I think I would sample a little of each too. And that looks like a dinner plate sized paper plate, not a salad or dessert sized! And it was full. No three animal cracker tea this year!

Why is Elisa allowed to be in the Maxwell Family Band but Anna Marie & Melanie have been excluded? I think Steve is making an idol of Elisa... Something to think about Steve-o.

I also think there is a secret courtship/wedding in the works. They're not so busy they couldn't go caroling later in December.

Well, Nathan and Christopher are not in the band either so their wives wouldn't be. I don't know if Melanie & NR Anna are even musical or how big a part Nathan & Christopher used to be in it. But I'm pretty sure Joseph and Elissa haven't been pushed off to 'extended family' status yet so that Steve can show them off and prove that his plan does work. Either that or the way Joseph was clinging/hugging his parents at his wedding-maybe he's just not leaving and cleaving well.

Christopher places base. He played with them at the Christmas concert.

Anyone else notice that Elissa is always crouching? It's like she's trying to make herself look smaller.

Maybe it is John.

You two take that back right now! Jesus wants him to become my handyman. I just haven't saved the funds to hire him yet. This is especially unfair as it's Monday morning! :lol:

@ Coco: Mr. Hankey is indeed a poo, but more than that, he is a Christmas poo. If you eat fiber on Christmas eve, he might come to your town. :wink-kitty:

And "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"....

NOOOOOOOO! Let All Mortal Flesh is one of my absolute favorite songs! Yes, it has a somber tune, but.... the Maxwells can't have it! :lol:

I posted it on the other thread, but it's still odd to me: Elissa is crouching in all of her pictures, expect when she's sitting down. Then she's straight as a rod.

Anyone else notice that Elissa is always crouching? It's like she's trying to make herself look smaller.

She's working hard on being (or appearing) submissive.

Please, oh, please let their Christmas season busy-ness be a wedding of one of the girls. I'm predicting Anna.

. . .we went to a Christmas tea hosted by a neighbor. It was a sweet time of fellowship and enjoying some German treats.

Including an entire half of a stroopwaffel! Oh, Sarah, when you throw caution to the winds you really go all out, don't you!

I'm not sure Elissa is stooping necessarily, but she certainly has that demure gazing-upward-adoringly-toward-her-husband look down pat. She's a tiny little thing (makes her head look big) -- there are a couple of photos of her standing next to either Anna or Mary who are both very tiny, too, and Elissa is even tinier.

Could Anna really have been courting? Hmmm...

Did anyone notice there were reindeer on the plates at the neighbor's tea? And there was a Santa figure hanging in the background. I wonder if the neighbor had a tree? I'm surprised the Maxwells even walked through the door.

Archived