IGNORED

So, the Maxwell "church" has moved?!

Justme

In the comment section, they said they are now in an assisted living home. They were in a nursing home. (One of the FJ's who recently attended their "show" also said Steve stated they now had "church" in an assisted living home. I wonder why??? :think: Were the "asked" to leave??? :whistle:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the comment section, they said they are now in an assisted living home. They were in a nursing home. (One of the FJ's who recently attended their "show" also said Steve stated they now had "church" in an assisted living home. I wonder why??? :think: Were the "asked" to leave??? :whistle:

Two thoughts:

1. All the old people died.

2. They're in the same place, just giving it an updated name.

I'm thinking asked to leave. Maybe they began upsetting some of the people in the nursing home or their families with their talk of death and hell. I think I'd be pretty annoyed if my parent or relative had to listen to that each week and would complain about it. I also wouldn't like having to listen to it when I went to visit my parent or relative.

No change in the church. The commenter mentioned they held services in a retirement home and was corrected that it's in the assisted living home. That's where they've been for years.

In fact this lead to a whole thread on the differences in assisted living, retirement homes, and nursing homes.

No change in the church. The commented mentioned they held services in a retirement home and was corrected that it's in the assisted living home. That's where they've been for years.

In fact this lead to a whole thread on the differences in assisted living, retirement homes, and nursing homes.

Yeah, the residents of an assisted living facility would be able to do even less if the MaxHells were bugging them than those in a retirement facility. I know my mom would not have liked it at all.

I feel like the Maxwells have taken over the retirement home and forced their brand of oppressive fundie beliefs down all those poor people's throats. The last thing I would want to be doing in the twilight of my life is shelving the margaritas :ew:

The idea of spending my twilight years in a home with the Maxwells or someone comparable preaching makes the idea of Dignitas look extremely appealing.

Is Steve a fiery preacher like PP? After the descriptions of him fake-crying i'm guessing he's more sappy sweet. :roll:

This might be wishful thinking, but maybe it's enjoyable for the nursing home residents to have the Maxwell kids visit. Sarah, Mary, and Anna all seem like they'd kindly listen to family stories and play card games or checkers. It seems like a nice way to break up the week for the residents. Maybe the church attendees just turn off their hearing aids during the actual service :lol:

Still a sad church experience for the Maxwell childults. Why can't this visitation be in addition to having a regular church and group of friends their own ages? Does Steve really think his kids are more holy than most ultra-conservative church people? Surely they have some groupies nearby they could spend time with who are 100% on board with Maxhell. Poor kids. Sorry: nearing middle age chidults.

This made me very interested so I looked up some old posts.

Per archive.org, they used to have Church in the Golden Living Center in Lansing Kansas: http://web.archive.org/web/200901151941 ... wship.html

Six years ago, the Lord laid on Steve's heart to have our church in the local nursing home. In September 2002, we began having a Sunday morning service. We had been going to this nursing home twice-a-month on Saturdays for about twelve years, so we simply switched to going every Sunday. Since then, that nursing home closed, and our fellowship is in another nursing home (Golden Living Center).

Now the text on the Titus2 website has been edited to say that they have Church at the Twin Oaks Retirement Community: http://www.titus2.com/ffj.html

In September of 2002, the Lord laid on Steve's heart to have our church in a local elderly care home. We began having a Sunday morning service there with the residents and a few other families. We had been going to this elderly home twice-a-month on Saturdays for about twelve years, so we simply switched to going every Sunday. Since then, that elderly care facility closed, and our fellowship is in another elderly care center (Twin Oaks Retirement Community).

So it looks like the first Nursing Home closed but they have moved location twice since then, but edited one of the moves out of the blog. I searched for Golden Living Center and it is still open and recruiting staff, as of this month:(http://jobs.goldenliving.com/CustomJobD ... id=1061257)

Wonder if they were thrown out the second time, or left in a huff?

I feel like the Maxwells have taken over the retirement home and forced their brand of oppressive fundie beliefs down all those poor people's throats. The last thing I would want to be doing in the twilight of my life is shelving the margaritas :ew:

Agree!

This made me very interested so I looked up some old posts.

Per archive.org, they used to have Church in the Golden Living Center in Lansing Kansas: http://web.archive.org/web/200901151941 ... wship.html

Now the text on the Titus2 website has been edited to say that they have Church at the Twin Oaks Retirement Community: http://www.titus2.com/ffj.html

So it looks like the first Nursing Home closed but they have moved location twice since then, but edited one of the moves out of the blog. I searched for Golden Living Center and it is still open and recruiting staff, as of this month:(http://jobs.goldenliving.com/CustomJobD ... id=1061257)

Wonder if they were thrown out the second time, or left in a huff?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting. Very interesting.... :think: :think: :think:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting. Very interesting.... :think: :think: :think:

Steve,

God does not like LIARS and DECEIVERS. :snooty: :naughty: :liar:

I can't imagine that over time there wouldn't be a resident, or family, or staff who might object to hearing constantly about death. Steveovah doesn't look to be one who will take suggestions of changing his message for the sake of the residents very well so my money is that he left in a huff and of course, the family must follow.

Or maybe too many renditions of "Trust and Obey" did them in.

I can't imagine that over time there wouldn't be a resident, or family, or staff who might object to hearing constantly about death. Steveovah doesn't look to be one who will take suggestions of changing his message for the sake of the residents very well so my money is that he left in a huff and of course, the family must follow.

Or maybe too many renditions of "Trust and Obey" did them in.

I remember a blog post about one of "the elderly" dieing and Sarah posting about how it was so sad, as she was not saved (or something like that). Given that Steve-O believes his version of Christianity is the only acceptable one, wouldn't suprise me if they put their foot in the mouth one time to many.

I remember a blog post about one of "the elderly" dieing and Sarah posting about how it was so sad, as she was not saved (or something like that). Given that Steve-O believes his version of Christianity is the only acceptable one, wouldn't suprise me if they put their foot in the mouth one time to many.

They probably did put their foot in their mouth one time too many and I can Steve picking up his ball and going home rather than change his message. Steve strikes me as someone who makes darn sure that when he leaves something he does it on his terms.

From the familiesforjesus website, it looks as though they have an open invitation for other families to join their church.

I wonder how many other families have been along, and how it would work? They seem to have enough people at the roadshows for there to be some others who would want to do church with them on a Sunday.

There was a family with a little girl that came a few years ago, but nothing has been mentioned about them since. I'm guessing they got tired of the death message and lack of social interaction.

I remember that post as well and it's one that really fried my ass. Not only was Sarah a lamenting that Mrs. (fill in the letter of your choice) died unsaved but she died still believing in her FALSE GOD.

On one hand, I'm sure that many of the residents of these homes really do appreciate the church services and the visits, especially from the younger Maxwells and most especially from the children (the REAL children.) The services seem to be well attended and since no one's forcing them to go, it's probably a welcome diversion for them. So while I don't necessarily fault the Maxwells for the deed itself, it's the fact that there's always an agenda behind it that bugs. In Maxhell, every word, every thought, every action must lead to Jesus. They don't learn to be conversationalists, they learn to be salespeople. They're not just making balloon animals for kids and handing out bottled water to thirsty fairgoers, they're looking for an opening to ask you where you're going to go when you die. Caroling and handing out baked goods to the neighbors? Only if they can hand out a tract along with it. And they're not just providing companionship to the "elderly" and getting to know them on a personal level, they're looking to exploit their loneliness. Good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds? No, the Maxwells are the self-appointed saviors of our souls, whether we want it or not. It reeks of arrogance and pride.

Also, remember in pictures of the "service" they used to post, showed the Maxwell's front and center, in the most comfortable chairs. The residence of the home were in the back.

I searched for Golden Living Center and it is still open and recruiting staff, as of this month:(http://jobs.goldenliving.com/CustomJobD ... id=1061257)

Twin Oaks is also still operational - midwesthealth.ppi.net/residence/TwinOaksIndependentLiving/default.aspx

I noticed on one of the Corners they said their church was at the "County Infirmary for the 9 years our family has participated in a church service there on the first and third Saturdays of the month" - /corners/dads-corner/anger/part-1-overcoming.html Could this "County Infirmary" be the 3rd church?

If that's the case, it sounds like a government run place, like a city/state elderly home for people who don't have money to stay in a private run place. The preaching may have been a *tad* too much (I hope!)

I've been in all those kinds of places. Some of them ARE inter-connected, like where my grandma spent her last decade. Retirement home is where seniors live who are generally independent; in apartments. They even organize their own recreation, or take turns. It's especially good support if there's a couple and one spouse develops health troubles, or one becomes widowed. Sometimes there's even marriages that happen through that community; it's kinda nice.

Assisted living is when one can't live ENTIRELY independent anymore. They still have their own suites, but meals may be brought to them or cleaning staff come in regular, and bathrooms are all accessible. Usually wheelchairs aren't used regular but walkers are common. Home care workers are often employed in such places to see to it that they are clean, fed, and safe, and levels of care are continually assessed.

Nursing home is where one is no longer able to do for themselves. They just have a room with a bed; many have wheelchairs or walkers, meals are served in the common dining room where they're brought, they need help with bathing and toileting; a number of them are diapered. It's literally the last stage of life. Those with dementia usually end up in such a home.

NONE of them that I've been in for visiting or work have church services run by the SAME people every week. There are church groups that take a turn doing it one Sunday per month. Sometimes they have specific worship for, say Catholics.(in a Mennonite nursing home)

The Maxwells ministering to those who can't go anywhere, I think that's beautiful. I sometimes do that myself; bringing music to them. But yeah, it shouldn't be a factor in isolating themselves from people of all ages.

Very interesting information. I'm wondering if any nursing home/assisted living staff expressed concern for Sarah,(or the other daughters) for being so carefully guarded, as WOMEN.

When I was the caregiver for my mom during in-home Hospice, a neighbor offered respite care for an hour or so while I went for a walk. Turns out the minute I was out the door, she was trying to do a death-bed conversion on my mom, who nicely requested (my mom was a very nice person) that that lady never, ever come back. Not hard to grant THAT wish.

Yep, single-mindedness to the nth degree. I'm sure it never, ever occurred to this woman that she could just be a comforting presence or take a few minutes to get to know my mom better.

Chafes my chaps a little to think about that and it was over 15 years ago.

I remember that post as well and it's one that really fried my ass. Not only was Sarah a lamenting that Mrs. (fill in the letter of your choice) died unsaved but she died still believing in her FALSE GOD.

On one hand, I'm sure that many of the residents of these homes really do appreciate the church services and the visits, especially from the younger Maxwells and most especially from the children (the REAL children.) The services seem to be well attended and since no one's forcing them to go, it's probably a welcome diversion for them. So while I don't necessarily fault the Maxwells for the deed itself, it's the fact that there's always an agenda behind it that bugs. In Maxhell, every word, every thought, every action must lead to Jesus. They don't learn to be conversationalists, they learn to be salespeople. They're not just making balloon animals for kids and handing out bottled water to thirsty fairgoers, they're looking for an opening to ask you where you're going to go when you die. Caroling and handing out baked goods to the neighbors? Only if they can hand out a tract along with it. And they're not just providing companionship to the "elderly" and getting to know them on a personal level, they're looking to exploit their loneliness. Good deeds for the sake of doing good deeds? No, the Maxwells are the self-appointed saviors of our souls, whether we want it or not. It reeks of arrogance and pride.

Oh geeze, I didn't remember the false god thing. Sarah, god bless her poor brainwashed soul, probably doesn't even realize how arrogant and cruel that sounds. Might have to take a trip down the rabbit hole and try and find that post.

To the bolded. This is what irks me. Steve always has an agenda. On the surface, taking ones time bringing a church service every week to folks at a nursing home/assisted living center is a selfless, caring act and worthy of laud. HOWEVER, in regards to Steve, this is not selfless, it is selfish. He didn't decide to do this for "the elderly." He did it for himself. He didn't want to go to church anymore as it was too worldy, not in-line with what he believed, and too worried it would turn his kids away from him and what he wanted, so he started his own. He hides his selfishness in what appears to be a selfless act. He is one smooth jackass.

Archived