IGNORED

The Maxwells Own A Lot Of Property

theologygeek

This doesn't seem like the sons are buying homes with money that they saved. It's more like the "Maxwell Family Trust" aka Steve spending money from their God business on land or property and giving it to the kids when they get engaged. http://jade.kgs.ku.edu/orka2/MainPage.aspx#top1 Then click Leavenworth from the dropdown menu, then click OK on the next page, then type in the word Maxwell under last name, then search.

Looks like only one property listed, probably the main house. Nice size, four beds and four baths.

I guess I don't understand the problem here. I see one property listed for Steve and Terri, one for Joseph, one for Christopher and one for Nathan. We don't know who the Maxwell Family Trust is, or whether they're even related to the family.

Out of curiousity, I looked up their house on Google. Uriah is still in the driveway. Guess they'll have to update their satellite pictures. :lol:

Maybe the family trust is another family, but a couple of months ago, Joseph wasn't listed on that site. I had this bookmarked and his name just appeared in the past couple of months even though he supposedly bought the house when he was engaged to Elizabeth. I think that family deceives their followers.

Maybe the family trust is another family, but a couple of months ago, Joseph wasn't listed on that site. I had this bookmarked and his name just appeared in the past couple of months even though he supposedly bought the house when he was engaged to Elizabeth. I think that family deceives their followers.

How do they deceive? Let us count the ways. :lol:

If you look at the list, one of the adjacent properties on 11th St. is owned by someone else. And the other property owned by that trust is a business owned by that same person. I'm not typing his name, because I don't see how he has anything to do with Steve's property.

I have absolutely no idea how taxation etc works in the fair state of Kansas. Is there any advantage to the properties being held by a trust rather than individuals? (Other than that it's much easier to not owe money to a bank if you owe to your family)?

Otherwise, I'm guessing it's yet another measure of control. Here's my hypothesis : The kid's work their arses off from a relatively young age. If they work for Steve, their 'wages 'are credited to them on paper but they don't actually see any cash. Pocket money seems like a very nonMaxwellian idea.

If they work for non-Maxwells, they're credited with the amount but the money still goes into the collective account. Whenever the kids want to buy something (like a house or a vehicle )the money is there but they can't access it without Steve approval. And the house remains the property of the trust so there's an even more of a disincentive to leave. Nice one Steve. You've just slipped down lower in my estimation. I didn't think it was possible.

I have absolutely no idea how taxation etc works in the fair state of Kansas. Is there any advantage to the properties being held by a trust rather than individuals? (Other than that it's much easier to not owe money to a bank if you owe to your family)?

Otherwise, I'm guessing it's yet another measure of control. Here's my hypothesis : The kid's work their arses off from a relatively young age. If they work for Steve, their 'wages 'are credited to them on paper but they don't actually see any cash. Pocket money seems like a very nonMaxwellian idea.

If they work for non-Maxwells, they're credited with the amount but the money still goes into the collective account. Whenever the kids want to buy something (like a house or a vehicle )the money is there but they can't access it without Steve approval. And the house remains the property of the trust so there's an even more of a disincentive to leave. Nice one Steve. You've just slipped down lower in my estimation. I didn't think it was possible.

I'm not sticking up for Steve, but isn't this what Jim Bob does also?

Do we know for sure it is them?

Is it possible that Joseph has only recently entered the register because it has only recently become a habitable property? I think he bought it as a renovation project didn't he. Might that be an explanation as to why he has only recently appeared?

I can't see any reason why Steve would want to own a lot of property, except as his own investment. It is not as if he is going to let the girls have their own place, and he seems to genuinely believe that boys should be working and saving from an early age to buy a house. I can see him helping them along in order to save face but I don't see him handing out whole houses that they are free to have wild sex in and eat excessive numbers of burritos!

Based on my reading of who works/owns at companies on some of the land owned by the trust, unless Steve has a brother, at least some of the family trust properties seem to be owned by some unrelated Maxwell.

I know a lot of people who have family trusts or living trusts. Both are just different types of financial planning and estate planning tools. They don't indicate anything underhanded in my experience.

goodfinancialcents.com/family-trust-benefits-setting-up-trust/

I think it's a different Maxwell. If they were going to have a trust, the main house is the first thing that would be put in. The various houses the sons own are in their names (and possibly their wife's) and have been all along.

I swear up and down that Joseph has been listed as a property owner since he bought the house two+ years ago; I've checked every couple of months for a couple of years (since the site was first linked here) to see if any other sons have purchased property. Also, as others have said, there's no indication that the Maxwell Family Trust has anything to do with "our" Maxwells. Maxwell is not an uncommon name, after all.

If you look at the list, one of the adjacent properties on 11th St. is owned by someone else. And the other property owned by that trust is a business owned by that same person. I'm not typing his name, because I don't see how he has anything to do with Steve's property.

I saw that. But on those "who are they related to" type websites, his name is listed as a relative to the Maxwell kids.

Archived