IGNORED

Maxwells: "Have raised children who have not rebelled"

copper

Has anyone else noticed the newest banner ad on Titus2? It's a whole new level of creepy.

"The State of Your Children's Hearts"

"Discover the essential keys ot keeping your children's hearts. Written by parents of eight, who have raised children who have not rebelled. It is possible."

...Children who have not rebelled, will not rebel, cannot rebel (because their head will wind up in a jar on the fireplace! Mwhahahaha!)

In the wake of things like the Jeubs and Homeschoolers Anonymous, sounds like Steve has been led by the Lord (inspired by the thought of terrified parents) to show everyone how to do it (make more money).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lord jesus. of course they aren't going to rebel, they're fucking brainwashed to the max. not only that, but they're extremely isolated, to the point where the only "friends" they have are their parents' friends (those pictures of joe and elissa's open house were depressing). even if one or more of them didn't like their lifestyle and how they were living, they quite literally have no one to turn to who wouldn't immediately report them to their parents. i feel extremely sad for them, particularly the girls. if i could rescue all of them, i would, but mary in particular. there's just something about her, some brightness in her eyes that speaks to me and reminds me of me.

*Have not rebelled YET. It could still happen.

Pride goeth before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall, Stevie boy.

My sister and I have never rebelled. And you know what? Our parents were honest with us, they let us try things, let us date and have friends. They let us try, fail, succeed, win, lose, cry and feel joy. Sometimes we fought and we eventually moved out of home, but ultimately we're both very close to each other and our parents.

Steve and Teri haven't raised children, they've realistic looking automatons.

It all depends on how you define rebellion, Stevie boy. Clearly, to you and Teri, rebellion equals being independent, free-thinking or inquisitive. I wonder if you've ever thought about where we'd be if everyone throughout history had never "rebelled."

Am I the only one who wants these kids to "rebel" right now? Come on, Maxwell kids, here is your chance!

They have never rebelled, because they are no longer capable of any form of thought. Like having a robot.

The problem is, humanity does not need robots, it needs people.

A robot is not capable of logical thought or able to make its own decisions-it needs a person to program it to do something. This is not what it takes to run a business, and bosses want to hire someone who can think for themselves and not need babysitting.

They may have created kids that haven't rebelled, but look at what their kids are like! Is Sarah Maxwell what anyone, fundie or not, wants their kid to be like? She is 32 and doesn't seem to be capable of anything.

A robot is not capable of logical thought or able to make its own decisions-it needs a person to program it to do something.

this right here makes me scared for what will happen when steve and teri pass...even if all of their children are married by that point (poor sarah) i highly doubt they will be able to function properly without their parents.

this right here makes me scared for what will happen when steve and teri pass...even if all of their children are married by that point (poor sarah) i highly doubt they will be able to function properly without their parents.

That's awful. I want all four of my children to be able to live independently. I can't imagine not preparing them for adulthood in that way.

That's awful. I want all four of my children to be able to live independently. I can't imagine not preparing them for adulthood in that way.

i'm sure they would probably try to keep doing what their parents are doing. but what if a wrinkle comes up they have no experience to draw from, like steve and teri? secondly, when people die, usually quite a bit of stuff needs to get settled. independent, thinking adults sometimes have a hard time dealing with everything. i dread to think how they could bungle certain things very badly just because they haven't been taught to think critically.

Or maybe they've secretly been rebelling a little bit and Stevie's just too blind to see they're spitting out the kool ad

Maybe they've been sneaking off to Starbucks.

"Discover the essential keys to keeping your children's hearts. Written by parents of eight, who have programmed raised children who have never had an independent thought not rebelled. It is possible."

i'm sure they would probably try to keep doing what their parents are doing. but what if a wrinkle comes up they have no experience to draw from, like steve and teri? secondly, when people die, usually quite a bit of stuff needs to get settled. independent, thinking adults sometimes have a hard time dealing with everything. i dread to think how they could bungle certain things very badly just because they haven't been taught to think critically.

I do worry for the Maxwell kids after Steve and Teri die, especially Sarah-I doubt she will ever marry, and she is the oldest, so it is harder for her to adapt to new things, compared to Mary, who is only 18. They are physically adults, but inside they are 10 year olds. Steve has killed their spirits so much that they are completely dependent on him and can not think for themselves, so they will never cope without parents.

Gee Steve and Teri maybe because you beat everything out of your kids to the point that your 32 yo daughter has to write about her life through Moody books because she has no idea what an imagination is or what life has to offer her. I guess Steve is father of the year

Uh, Steve? The way your kids have been raised ain't nothing to crow about. A veal calf has a more exciting, fulfilling life than your family.

Douche.

I think it says a lot about a parent when their proudest achievement, that they want to monetize no less, is that their kids don't openly hate them

In Steve's mind rebellion probably constitutes something along the lines of Christopher choosing to make his Sunday burritos* with with ground beef as he thinks it makes them taste better, John deciding to move to the next town over or Mary wanting to wear a shirt with contrasting buttons.

Rebellion is not such a bad thing. What would have happened if 2000 years ago a young Jewish carpenter had not rebelled against the establishment? We'd all be going to hell when we died! That's what would have happened!

*As I type that, wonder if Christopher and Anna have burritos every Sunday. Maxwell children are probably so dependent on their routine, it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Hope Anna refried beans. Yet one of the gazillions reasons I could never be a Maxwell wife, can't stand those mushy beans!

I think the operative word here should be -- YET! I live in hope.

And to me a total lack of "questioning" of parental values or pushing of boundaries in a teen/young adult (to Steve that would equate with "rebellion") would be an indicator of an ultimate failure of parenting.

I pity those "children" when Steve finally kicks the bucket.

Newsflash to Stevehovah and Terified: Having adult children who cannot function without your constant presence and your printed schedules is not successful parenting. Not by a long shot.

Asshat.

From what I have read elsewhere, the fear of rebellion is very real in fundieland as well as in fundieliteland. May of these kids were raised in such strict, authoritarian households that every chance they got they would sneak around and try all the things they weren't allowed to do, whether it was listening to rock music, seeing movies, smoking cigarettes, dressing a certain way, drinking alcohol, or having sex. Steve and Teri probably knew a lot of kids like this from their original church. I'm sure some of those kids later returned to the faith, but many didn't. To this day, they don't go to church and they aren't raising their own kids to be Christians. But instead of raising their kids to make smart choices for themselves and trusting them to do so, the Maxwells removed all opportunities for rebellion. Unlike those "bad" kids at church, the Maxwell kids could not sneak away from the youth group picnic and make out in the woods with their significant other because they were never allowed to attend the youth group picnic in the first place.

Archived