IGNORED

Erin Bates Paine's piano playing

hockeymoo

I was going to say that it wasn't that bad and the pink was understated. Then I realized there was probably a filter on that picture, and the pink is probably bright as hell. It's a very Pinterest pretty room. I'm glad she likes it and is having fun decorating and accessorizing, and even more glad that I don't have to sleep in it! That gauzy thing brushing my face in the middle of the night would probably lead to a panic attack and a wall/ceiling destruction as I flailed and yanked fabric!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I was going to say that it wasn't that bad and the pink was understated. Then I realized there was probably a filter on that picture, and the pink is probably bright as hell. It's a very Pinterest pretty room. I'm glad she likes it and is having fun decorating and accessorizing, and even more glad that I don't have to sleep in it! That gauzy thing brushing my face in the middle of the night would probably lead to a panic attack and a wall/ceiling destruction as I flailed and yanked fabric!

I don't think it's all that bad. At least the pink is more of an accent color and it goes nice enough with the grey wall color. 

And I have to hand it to him. Chad is a pretty talented guy. I wish I was handy like him.

I actually like this one. It's pretty. Frilly, but cute. And whoa, i guess we qould be the ones to not think someome can catch the gay after sleeping in that room

I like it for them. Not my style, but it's pretty. I like the dark hue of the floors. That room has come a long way.

(big grin) you're hanging out with JRod too much. Why do fundies do that? I have never seen anyone else type their facial expression in parenthesis. such a weird habit. 

The room is ok. But one thing I would change is those cheap blinds and Valances. The window treatments look straight out of 1992. She should sew herself some nice grey and white drapes. 

@VelociRapture I am standing in line sleeping in a tent a-la-chickFilA opening to get a copy of that CD!

Regarding Erin's boudoir, as often as that girl redecorated, I'm surprised she hasn't upgraded the bedding and window treatments (to the 21st century.) At least the room is more romantic than 12-year-old now.

I have a mosquito net, but I drape it behind the headboard and not over the sides of the mattress.  Mr CL doesn't care for it, but it's a compromise.  

I personally hate all manner of blinds; I have valances (shorter than Erin's) over sheer panels that are usually tied back.  I admit it's a 1990's look, but I work all day in a windowless closet, so I can't handle covered/blocked windows at home.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:17 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

We have news on the cherin front. The pink frills are back. BACK.

In a full-sized bed, each occupant has the space equivalent of a baby's crib.  I could never understand how two adults could sleep together in a full-sized bed without jabbing elbows, getting kicked, or worse.  Grampwych and I had a full-sized bed when he worked nights and I worked days(no sleeping together for a whole night.)  If we both perchance were home for a regular nighttime sleep, we'd fold out the queen-sized sleeper sofa.

That room is actually quite pretty. Not my personal style, but I can't really say anything bad about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2016 at 11:18 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

That room is actually quite pretty. Not my personal style, but I can't really say anything bad about it. 

Her style isn't exactly mine either, but I give her a lot of credit for being able to decorate a house really well to her distinct style/taste. This is something I've been struggling with for the six years I've been married. I just can't seem to get it right to my particular preferences. 

I got pregnant literally the week we moved into our new house and the time I should have been decorating and bonding with this house was spent being sick and sleeping. So now, I'm in my second trimester and looking around my house wondering what the heck I'm going to do with it. I'm still too fatigued to really go for it at this point. Hopefully nesting will kick in and I will get it how I like it. Right now I feel like I'm drowning in my own stuff in a house I'm not used to. It's a weird feeling. Typically I would have everything just so by now, considering we moved in March, but there are still boxes in my living room. :(

On March 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM, luxfilia said:

To me it's not just the banging of the keys or the volume output that seems obnoxious. It's all the extra flowery improvising that turns me off. There's technique, and then there's overkill. See the recent Bringing Up Bates episode showing Erin recording an album with Andy Leftwich, for example. Reminds me of when people slaughter The National Anthem by adding in way too many trills and deviations from the original melody. I guess I just have to quote Seinfeld here and say "It's just so much fluff."

YES! That is it! Like Christina Agulara's X Mas Album! Just way over the top till the song is almost unrecognizable. If she expanded to something like west coast (Cool) jazz she would get to play around and it wouldn't be so bombarding, maybe focus on fixing her technique a bit. I know the evil Jazz Music must never be played especially something this liberating and filled with sinful emotive rifts. Yes her technique is bad. I wonder if she played something other than her Merciful and Mighty stuff we could excuse her bad habits. I highly doubt it but stranger things have happened. Just to clarify she is no Glenn Gould or Dizzy she teaches other children her techniques. Not good. Correcting something like a bad habit is much more difficult than doing it correctly from the start, at least I have found it so in my musical experience. It feel that she is a poor victim of circumstance and before today I never thought much about her music but now I feel sad because I want to expose her to so much.     

On June 23, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Palimpsest said:

@Dr. Fundie Stalker  

Your first post needs a :text-welcomewave: to Free Jinger.  And I agree with you. :)

Thank You for the welcome I look forward to discussing The Fundies with people who also knew Josh Duggar molested his sisters years ago, seeing through them, apparently even before TLC.....? As they had no prior knowledge, never bothered to google josh digger Oprah sisters. Or people who knew how heinous Zsu Zsu and as you guys seem to call him PP :) before the media picked found his hate speeches recently used to add shocking colour! :pearlclutching: I like that.

Archived