IGNORED

The Maxwells ate candy!!!!

Paperplate

In a new blog post Sarah does a really bad job of explaining Operation Christmas Child to her readers. The Maxwells had apparently never heard of it. Now they're eagerly taking part.

One of the accompanying pics show Mary and Anna packing boxes ... but they kept some of the candy from the poor children and ate it themselves!! Those gluttons! Wait till Steve finds out ...

Anna and Mary eat Skittles.jpg

Skittles.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may have eaten Skittles, but I'm sure it was only two.. :lol:

Well, it fits right in with the title of Sarah's newest book - "Exciting Times With the Moodys!!!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that the Maxwells eating candy gets a thread.

I also love the investigative journalism pics you use, especially the one with the incriminating evidence blown up to a larger size.

*gasp* Skittles do have colour. The colour of a rainbow... like teh gayz flag.

Clearly, this is the devil´s work: he seduced the girls with gay candy!

This is in dire need of a emergency bible - meeting under Stevehova´s headship!

Maybe they even can squeeze two Moody books out of this experience... at least.

i am completely unsure how exactly they never heard of operation christmas child (or similar drives) before. that was something we actively did when i was growing up, and every church that i can remember being in around that time of year also either participated church-wide or supported members doing it independently. guess it goes to show how much steve really isolates everyone.

Do you realize that a shoebox filled with gifts for a child could impact him for eternity? When your box is given to a child, he is also receiving a special booklet in his language with the Gospel message. As I listened to our tour guide share about OCC, I was overwhelmed with the amazing answer to prayer even a shoebox can be.

Take this story for example:

A volunteer was handing out shoeboxes, and one shoebox in particular was very heavy. He gave it to a little boy, but when the time came to open it, the volunteer couldn’t see from his viewpoint what was in it. The volunteer was so curious–after all, what could be that heavy? The boy seemed delighted, though, and finally the man was able to get to the boy and ask what was in the box? Tools, the boy told him. Just what he had prayed for!

Think of that. Out of the hundreds of thousands of shoeboxes distributed, and from that same number of children all over the world, this little boy got the items he’d prayed for! Wow!

Magical thinking at it's finest.

Think of that. Out of the hundreds and thousands of shoeboxes distributed, all of the other kids got random shit they never prayed for, including having Jesus shoved at them.

Can someone tell Sarah girls can fish and use tools, and boys can sew? :roll:

Can someone tell Sarah girls can fish and use tools, and boys can sew? :roll:

Steve would never let that message get to her.

:borg:

I find it appalling it has taken them this many years to figure out how to be charitable. But I'm sure they are stuffing those boxes with mini Bibles and a tract or two, so that's not really charity, that's still evangelism, and annoying.

I bet that they only took one each, then cried for hours to Steve about how sinful they were being and how guilty they were for having fun without thinking of death.

Well, it fits right in with the title of Sarah's newest book - "Exciting Times With the Moodys!!!" :lol:

I read the sample pages. There was a GRILL FIRE. Exciting times, indeed :?

She also released a short story that CLEARLY should have been called Christmas with the Moodys. I wonder if there will be a story about OCC shoeboxes in it...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that the Maxwells eating candy gets a thread.

I also love the investigative journalism pics you use, especially the one with the incriminating evidence blown up to a larger size.

Maybe I'll consider a career change!

With something as unbelievable as this you really need pics to prove it.

I find it appalling it has taken them this many years to figure out how to be charitable. But I'm sure they are stuffing those boxes with mini Bibles and a tract or two, so that's not really charity, that's still evangelism, and annoying.

Are they allowed to do that, though? My mother has participated in OCC for years, and her church has always told everyone not to put in any proselytizing materials at all. Of course, they can put in Bible-themed coloring books or small story books, I suppose, although I don't think my mom has ever done that. But no tracts or Bibles.

Oh, wait...the Maxwells are a church unto themselves, aren't they? :?

Are they allowed to do that, though? My mother has participated in OCC for years, and her church has always told everyone not to put in any proselytizing materials at all. Of course, they can put in Bible-themed coloring books or small story books, I suppose, although I don't think my mom has ever done that. But no tracts or Bibles.

Oh, wait...the Maxwells are a church unto themselves, aren't they? :?

I don't think that's accurate. According to the website, the only things they say not to include are:

Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.

They WANT people to include Jesus-y stuff in the boxes, and they present a song/play/message to the children as the "greatest gift ever" to encourage them to prosyletize to others. The goal of the program:

Every shoebox gift delivered by Operation Christmas Child is a tangible expression of God’s amazing love. But a shoebox is just the beginning. It also presents an opportunity in more than 100 countries for our church partners to invite children into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through The Greatest Journey.

I used to do OCC until I learned just how much prosyletizing goes into it. Now it kind of turns my stomach. I'd rather just do a Giving Tree or donate to some other org.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operatio ... -shoe-box/

yeah, i was never under the impression that we couldn't include bibles or other religious materials, just the obviously bad stuff. no war-related stuff because a lot of kids are in areas where war is a reality and that can be insensitive. obviously no liquids or lotions because they can spill. no chocolate or food because they can melt or spoil. hard candy was seen as okay, as long as it wouldn't expire anytime soon. and of course nothing fragile as you didn't want it to break. most of those are pretty common sense thoughts when shipping overseas in general.

i don't remember our family ever putting bibles or other religious materials like that in our boxes. i guess we figured samaritan's purse took care of the religious aspect, as far as we could tell (and apparently they do) so we just stuffed the shoebox with as much fun stuff as we could.

eta: i remember one year, i think the last year we did it, we used a plastic tote about the size of the average shoebox, because we figured it would be easily reusable for the child instead of something cardboard.

I still do OCC each year with my nephews. They love going to buy the small little items and hard candy that get put in.

I used to do OCC until I learned just how much prosyletizing goes into it. Now it kind of turns my stomach. I'd rather just do a Giving Tree or donate to some other org.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operatio ... -shoe-box/

Me too! Later I found out they specifically deliver the boxes to areas where other religions are predominant.

Edit:

I still do OCC each year with my nephews. They love going to buy the small little items and hard candy that get put in.

Maybe you can still fill the shoeboxes but give the gifts to someone else?

yeah, i was never under the impression that we couldn't include bibles or other religious materials, just the obviously bad stuff. no war-related stuff because a lot of kids are in areas where war is a reality and that can be insensitive. obviously no liquids or lotions because they can spill. no chocolate or food because they can melt or spoil. hard candy was seen as okay, as long as it wouldn't expire anytime soon. and of course nothing fragile as you didn't want it to break. most of those are pretty common sense thoughts when shipping overseas in general.

i don't remember our family ever putting bibles or other religious materials like that in our boxes. i guess we figured samaritan's purse took care of the religious aspect, as far as we could tell (and apparently they do) so we just stuffed the shoebox with as much fun stuff as we could.

eta: i remember one year, i think the last year we did it, we used a plastic tote about the size of the average shoebox, because we figured it would be easily reusable for the child instead of something cardboard.

This is my mom's church's philosophy on OCC (they're very mainstream, not-at-all-fundy Methodists). They just want the kids to get a box full of neat, cool stuff at Christmas. My mom has always had a great time picking things out; she keeps on the lookout all year long and often has enough for two boxes.

I read the sample pages. There was a GRILL FIRE. Exciting times, indeed :?

She also released a short story that CLEARLY should have been called Christmas with the Moodys. I wonder if there will be a story about OCC shoeboxes in it...

This was in the description for Exciting Times With the Moodys

Aunt Olga’s invitation for the family to come to Colorado has created quite a stir for the Moodys. Life kicks into full swing as Max and Mitch start a new business, and the family begins their summer schedule. The Moodys also welcome the newlyweds back to the neighborhood.

Anyone want to bet they got to feed the chipmunks? She even worked the newlyweds into the story.

*gasp* Skittles do have colour. The colour of a rainbow... like teh gayz flag.

Clearly, this is the devil´s work: he seduced the girls with gay candy!

This is in dire need of a emergency bible - meeting under Stevehova´s headship!

Maybe they even can squeeze two Moody books out of this experience... at least.

It's a slippery slope, today Skittles and tomorrow no more modesty panels.

They sent boxes to the Lockwood's in Mexico. This is not new to them. They may not have sent to this particular organization but the concept of Christmas boxes is not new - to them or anyone else.

Archived