IGNORED

Parody Blog - Mary B. Gets picked up by news sites (MERGE)

nst

Has anyone else noticed that not only are all of these " news" and celebrity gossip sites using a clearly fake parody site for their source ..., but they aren't even getting the fake sources name right?!? :angry-banghead: :drool: :lol: They are quoting "Mary B" , when the fake blog is written by fake Ashleigh. The level of stupid. It burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I can't stand many things about the Duggars, no one, especially one of the adult children who never chose to be in the spotlight like this, deserves to be the subject of these false reports. I'm really disgusted at this, especially the latest claims, even as one who'd be among the first to criticize their claims about abortion and evolution.

Has anyone else noticed that not only are all of these " news" and celebrity gossip sites using a clearly fake parody site for their source ..., but they aren't even getting the fake sources name right?!? :angry-banghead: :drool: :lol: They are quoting "Mary B" , when the fake blog is written by fake Ashleigh. The level of stupid. It burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

Mary B. posted in the comments.

Mary B. posted in the comments.

I don't know if that's better or worse. So they aren't even just using a parody blog for their source? But a random COMMENT on a parody blog? ......that's, just.... :cray-cray: . Now I wonder how much of the " news" is actually pulled from yahoo answers.

On the one hand, I think this making headlines is hilarious. :lol: On the other hand, I feel bad for Jessa if she ever hears about this. She didn't ask for crazy parents who would put her life on display. I can't imagine how horrified she would be!

Daily Mail just got fooled, too (not that that's hard. They've never been known for anything that remotely resembles journalistic integrity). But I'm totally LMAO! :laughing-rolling:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... PTION.html

I just can't get over how appallingly shoddy it is to have sites that are supposedly, actually real-- running stories about other people's lives, based on a fucking comment on a blog. Even if it was a real blog, which it's not. So the chain of events is some airhead writer at a trashy Internet speculation site does a search for anthing posted about Jessa's wedding. Finds a blog entry. Doesn't bother to find out anything, at all, about the blog or the writer. Puts up an article pulled out of the parody musings on this blog. Other sites not only run with it, but go to the same site, pull out a comment with some nasty accusations. An Internet comment! Don't bother to find out more. But post like it's actually true. On actual "realish" , legitimate, large sites. I really didn't think I could get more shocked with the level of stupid out there-- but apparently, yes I can.

Eta: this totally explains why the election went so bizarrely bad :angry-banghead: with people voting to increase the minimum wage- while at the same time voting in the politicians who will never let it happen. People are spoon fed Internet comments like they are real. It explains so much.

Dang. Zedicy must have been planning this for a long time. She commented on the Seewald blog three months ago.

seewalds.com/thank-you-to-all-the-haters/

• 2 years later...

Archived