IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

How certain are we that John will be travelling alone? The Maxwells are masters of half truths and of deliberately misrepresenting situations in an effort to manipulate their audience.

Unless they've said specifically that John is travelling alone, I would be very unsurprised to find that someone else was is tagging along to keep him accountable.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How certain are we that John will be travelling alone? The Maxwells are masters of half truths and of deliberately misrepresenting situations in an effort to manipulate their audience.

Unless they've said specifically that John is travelling alone, I would be very unsurprised to find that someone else was is tagging along to keep him accountable.

They did not specifically say that he's alone but why would they make it sound like he's alone when he's not? What would be the point? (I guess the only reason would be that he's with the woman he's courting/getting to know.)

In the "Please Pray for John" post no one else is mentioned. Sarah just talks about John.

Speaking of John-Marie, his wedding date has been set for January 10, 2015. That's coming right up! He's got photos on his (public) FB page of them...wait for it...KISSING! She is a hussy! I hope Steve realizes what a dangerous influence John-Marie is on the Maxwell family! Cease all ties!

John-Marie looks really happy. His bride needs a good orthodontist, but that's just the smile snark in me (I'm sorry, but orthodontia is worth every penny). I would love to have been a fly on the wall when he told his parents about his girlfriend/fiance who doesn't appear to be cut of the same frumper cloth as his mother and sister.

Three cheers for Jonathan and Tamra!! :clap: :romance-kisslips:

10635729_10205541744522314_3348294711366800061_n.jpg?oh=788547a5016cb8dcc762d71a137a9d65&oe=5519B639

Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it, Stevie!

Per Sarah's comment, John is alone.

Keep diving John, keep going...

And if you cross the border, have a margarita and never ever look back!

Geez, for years many of we FJers were under the impression John-Marie was hanging around trying to court a Maxwell sister.

All the time he was there to teach John the drip irrigation business.

I don't know if I'm happier for him, or sadder for the sisters.

Sarah does say he is alone but that is so strange. What about accountability? That was the reason why poor Joe couldn't live in his own house alone.

Sarah does say he is alone but that is so strange. What about accountability? That was the reason why poor Joe couldn't live in his own house alone.

Right!?! Isn't that what a fundie Dad is going to want before he agrees to let his daughter marry a fundie man-boy? They can't even sleep in a room alone because there would be no accountability.... What if John is listening to some Christian rock music?! :o

Out of all of the reversals, John would be the last that I thought Stevie would trust out on his own. He was the rebeleous one that Teri had trouble breaking. Some of us on here have a crush on him and in pictures we seems more relaxed. But people who have been to the conference's how does he come across?

Two things: they mentioned that John had no trouble once he passed those pesky accidents, did they ever ask for prayers for the people in the accidents? That always kind of makes me embarrassed to be a Christian, when big public Christians like themselves neglect to do that.

Second thing – – I attended a Maxwell conference about four years ago, now. I really remember distinctly that John seem to be having a good time tuning his guitar and chatting with his brothers upstage well Steve tried to talk to the assemblage. I remember thinking at the time, "there is one who has little spunk left in him, not acting like he's all doggedly devoted to the master."

This was the conference where Steve reached for his prop Bible and it wasn't there – – and everything ground to a frantic halt. I want to say it was John who eventually entered stage left, the Bible held aloft, a big grin on his face, but I'm not sure. But if it was, it might mean that, yes – – he seems to enjoy life a little more than the rest of his family. (Had he conveniently misplaced the Bible? No one will ever, ever know.)

ETA: I called it – – in part. There were tears for Uriah, but they didn't seem to last all evening. I don't begrudge them the tears – – I've felt emotional when I traded in a vehicle before. The all-nighter, that would've earned some Snark from me. ;)

Out of all of the reversals, John would be the last that I thought Stevie would trust out on his own. He was the rebeleous one that Teri had trouble breaking. Some of us on here have a crush on him and in pictures we seems more relaxed. But people who have been to the conference's how does he come across?

He even has FUN doing things like flying Joseph's ring in on a remote control helicopter at the wedding rehearsal.

Maybe Steve has accepted that he's hell bound and delegated him as the child who will deal with the sinful world to protect the rest.

But seriously, my bet is on a courtship. I'm sure we'll see him signing the papers to buy Gigi's house in the next month

Odd that there was crying over Uriah, but they didn't 'miss' John so, so much while he's gone. Remember how much they missed each other in Colorado when they went in separate hikes.

He's going to Phoenix, eh?

You'd think they would check out the weather reports and maybe go south first and THEN west this week considering the S word all over the forecast, but perhaps he's making stops on the way that dictate the route?

He's going to Phoenix, eh?

You'd think they would check out the weather reports and maybe go south first and THEN west this week considering the S word all over the forecast, but perhaps he's making stops on the way that dictate the route?

Nah, god just lays the weather forecast on Steve's heart

Phoenix eh? Wonder of the PP and Zsu made a small purchase.......

• 3 months later...

Archived