IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

Looks pretty technical to me, has he the needed skills for that? I mean, I know the Maxwells are against college, but you can learn these kind of things in an apprenticeship too. But I doubt Stevie would be cool with that, cause John might have to work with and subordinate to other women :naughty:

John Marie is an irrigation designer/installer (or something with irrigation) so John probably got his training from him.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This writing gives me a huge headache. I've rewritten it a million times in my head but am not about to post it here because Stevie will just steal it. But good lord, this writing is bad. BAD. I want to take a red pen to it in the worst way. What was Teri thinking allowing her children to graduate from any kind of writing class?

A design usually costs less then 4% of the price of the system, but 100% of it’s success is based off of it.

I realize this is a pretty common punctuation error in every day writing, but resumes, websites, anything you publish should be proofread carefully. By someone who knows that it's "its", not "it's", unless you mean "it is".

Steve, can you have John take care of that ASAP? Thanks!

I realize this is a pretty common punctuation error in every day writing, but resumes, websites, anything you publish should be proofread carefully. By someone who knows that it's "its", not "it's", unless you mean "it is".

Steve, John also needs to correct "then" to "than."

Don't forget those "Ladies' Brunches" they have periodically for the neighborhood women. Teri expects each of them to tell something personal about their lives (saddest occasion, happiest, etc.)

They've also blogged about how they pray and cry on News Year's Eve for their neighbors to be saved.

I'd run for the hills if I was their neighbor.

Me too. Or I'd go and tell Teri that the saddest day of my life was when I learned that I couldn't get an IUD and then I'd drink a Pepsi in front of her. :stir-pot:

It's a good thought, but I think the Maxwell's beliefs are so entrenched, if nothing has moved them by now it never will.

They see anyone who doesn't share their brand of Christianity as someone for whom to pray, not as an example they could follow.

Well, it of course depends on the amount of mayhem you are willing to cause around the neighboorhood :stir-pot: . But I think you could get them off your back very soon, even without being too unfriendly or extreme. I mean, the main goal would be that they should leave you alone, getting them to "see the light" is a bit unrealistic, I have to agree. Just invite them to your 60s dancing party, or show up with your same-sex partner (in my case) at their "ladies tea", or start talking every time they want to convert you about evolution or the :fsm: .

I had no idea they did the "ladies' brunches". They're such a weird mix of isolationist and outreach. I doubt those ladies are real friends though; the bonding, back-and-forth kind of friendship that accepts differences. I wonder if their neighbors have ever asked them for help with watching an animal during a trip or anything, and if the Maxwells would do it.

I had no idea they did the "ladies' brunches". They're such a weird mix of isolationist and outreach. I doubt those ladies are real friends though; the bonding, back-and-forth kind of friendship that accepts differences. I wonder if their neighbors have ever asked them for help with watching an animal during a trip or anything, and if the Maxwells would do it.

As long as the neighbors wouldn't be too far from their idea of how people should be like (no gays, atheists, liberals and such), I think they would do it. And then blog about it to show the world how nice they are.

In the Moody books the kids start a pet sitting business. So, the Maxwells probably would pet sit...for money.

In the Moody books the kids start a pet sitting business. So, the Maxwells probably would pet sit...for money.

Knowing Sarah's lack of imagination the only reason she thought up a pet sitting business is because someone she knows owns one. This is the woman who includes considers exciting neighborhood events like the power company replacing a rotten power pole to be inspirational. She can't even think up original surnames for her characters- she has to take names of ppl she knows and change one letter. If all else fails, how hard is it to open a phone book at random and pick a name?

If I was a Maxwell neighbor I'd have so much fun. Halloween would be my Christmas decor-wise. I'd probably do lots of sunbathing as well. I would guess I would be the neighbor they wouldn't invite to ladies brunches lol.

A Maxwell child have access to a phone book! No way, they might see listings for single females. Or ads for lingerie stores. Or all-you-can-eat buffets.

Oh yes the "ladies brunches" do happen. The Maxwell's are very generous in entertaing the ladies, one strawberry and one peanut butter ball each. Poor Sarah photographed the evidence!!1!

I would expect that most of the neighbours consider them as freaks and just went for a nosy and free food lol.

I would love to have a lunch with the Maxwell ladies. I'm sure underneath the craycray they're nice people. And it would give outsiders a chance to keep an eye on the poor wee mites.

They probably don't think he's bad. They probably think he's very good.

There is no issue with the writing of the Maxwells. They have come to realize over that years, that most people are bad at reading comprehension.

Keep an eye out for the next book from Steve and Teri Maxwell, blessed by the lord jesus himself" "Making Great Readers!"

And then/than......

I just wanted to say that I changed my avatar in remembrance of Uriah. Remember when they got stuck in Arctic Canada and destroyed the local road in the process? Those were the good times... :twisted:

Is it weird that Uriah was my favorite Maxwell family member? He gave us countless hours of suspension - what's going to break next? Is it the front window again? Or a leak in the gas tank? Too bad he never had any major plumbing problems in the bathroom...

"Since you all are such a part, we wanted to tell you about this new season in our lives. "

lol shut up Sarah, you have kept great Maxwells life changes away from the readers, like the deaths and wedding in the family, why are you pretending to be all confident like that with the readers?

Omg, I'd LOVE to live next door to the Maxwells! How fun would it be to snark in real time? Do something horrible like let your kids play in the sprinkler in bathing suits or have a late night drunken bonfire and imagine their reaction? Or see if it merits a blog post? Try to sneak messages to the robotic children in hopes you could get make even the tiniest chink in the armor?

And I'd be the most popular FJer, like, ever. Seriously, it'd be a win-win-win.

I'd rather leave my poor cat to fend for herself than with the Maxwells. :shock:

I'd rather leave my poor cat to fend for herself than with the Maxwells. :shock:

Particularly given that they might hire a dog to tree your cat so that Sarah can get an image of what that would look like for a book...

A Maxwell child have access to a phone book! No way, they might see listings for single females. Or ads for lingerie stores. Or all-you-can-eat buffets.

I imagine Stevehovah sitting there and redacting inappropriate entries, so the phone book is as black as a document related to Watergate.

May Uriah be bought by a stoner who tokes up in him, heaven knows he needs a good time.

Archived