IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

Fare-thee-well, Uriah! May your next owners be a rowdy sports team or a pot-smoking hippy band....

I'm sure Steveo would sell it for scrap before that would happen!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If John's courting then he needs to get on the stick and buy himself a house; according to county records* he doesn't own one, yet.

*A couple of years ago a helpful FJer linked to the the Leavenworth county property records. I pop over every few months to see if John (or any other Maxwell) has purchased something. It's interesting that while Teri and Melanie are listed on the deeds of their respective houses, Anna and Elissa are not. I wonder why Christopher (especially) and Joseph haven't bothered to get that done.

Interesting! I agree there's no way he's going to be allowed to court prior to purchasing a house. Keep checking those records!

Interesting! I agree there's no way he's going to be allowed to court prior to purchasing a house. Keep checking those records!

What is Johns job?

What is Johns job?

Irrigation. This is his company's website. maxwellirrigation.com/ There's quite a bit of speculation about how much work he actually does, since it appears to be a very new company. The website does look quite a bit more complete than the last time I saw it...

Irrigation. This is his company's website. maxwellirrigation.com/ There's quite a bit of speculation about how much work he actually does, since it appears to be a very new company. The website does look quite a bit more complete than the last time I saw it...

Looks pretty technical to me, has he the needed skills for that? I mean, I know the Maxwells are against college, but you can learn these kind of things in an apprenticeship too. But I doubt Stevie would be cool with that, cause John might have to work with and subordinate to other women :naughty:

That web site is much better than the old Maxwell and Sons website.

Does it appear that John simply designs irrigation systems, but doesn't install or maintain them? Or am I misunderstanding?

From the about us: "We feel that it is important to have our designs work in the real world and have participated and led installs on drip systems."

Well NO SHIT. I wouldn't want an irrigation design firm to design me anything if they had no installation experience. And I'm not even going to get into the horrendous sentence structure and grammar going on here.

From the about us: "We feel that it is important to have our designs work in the real world and have participated and led installs on drip systems."

Well NO SHIT. I wouldn't want an irrigation design firm to design me anything if they had no installation experience. And I'm not even going to get into the horrendous sentence structure and grammar going on here.

This writing gives me a huge headache. I've rewritten it a million times in my head but am not about to post it here because Stevie will just steal it. But good lord, this writing is bad. BAD. I want to take a red pen to it in the worst way. What was Teri thinking allowing her children to graduate from any kind of writing class?

Not that I'm an expert in irrigation, but isn't that a pretty technical job designing these systems? I would imagine it would require at least a 2 year degree! I wonder if College Minus offers a course in irrigation design? :think:

I wonder if Xgay Greg and Dede could get a good deal on Uriah? I could only imagine a Steve Maxwell/Xgay interaction...it makes me smile :D

That's why Sarah is considered the writer of the family. It isn't that she's any good, just that her siblings are infinitely worse.

As for John and his house, I'm still prepared to wager he'll be moving into Gigi's house as soon as she has no further need of it. He is the rebel of the family so there's no way they'd trust him to move a whole half mile away. He might succumb to some terrible temptation, like attending a ball game or gorge on a whole four animal crackers or something.

We are passionate about engineering top quality systems balanced with the practicality and need of not over-spec’ing systems

This is a pretty heinous sentence as well. The need of not over-spec'ing systems? Wut?

No see, this is what separates them from all the heathen irrigation companies where they don't care at all if their designs work in the real world. :wtf:

Re: John's anticipated home purchase: There are a few houses for sale (by owner--so no dealing with heathen realtors or brokers?) in the immediate vicinity of the Maxwells' little compound...I'll be very curious to see if either of those go off the market soon, and to whom! (In other words--keep checking those records!)

The post says it's due to terminal rust in the main chassis frame. If I were one of the Maxwell kidults, I'd be gleefully kicking up my heels at the prospect of saying goodbye to this,

DSC_31471-425x283.jpg

and hello to a future sleeping in big girl beds!!

Sleeping in the lowest bunk seems about as comfy as sleeping in a coffin.

Oh, never mind.

From what I can glean from the horrific writing on John's website, he uses a special software and date he can get on-line or with simple equipment to create the designs. Likely, he did not design the software himself, but bought it somewhere else.

I would hazard to guess that the "designing" consists of him uploading data to the software and letting it pump out the design. He might tweak it a little, but it's the software doing the work.

Then he gives the designs to the client and the client is the one that actually installs everything, with John maybe suggesting what parts to buy, but not being particular about any brands. I'm guessing the only system installation John has done has been for Joseph's home, so he likely isn't actually familiar with different brands.

I'm thinking this is a pretty simplistic business that requires little effort or thought on John's part, but has has the potential to provide a decent income for John.

Sleeping in the lowest bunk seems about as comfy as sleeping in a coffin.

Oh, never mind.

Even their bunk beds are one step closer to death.

John's writing on his irrigation website makes me cringe in sympathetic embarrassment. Poor John. Shame on Teri and Steve for passing him through homeschool with such terrible writing skills. At the very least, knowing he's bad at it, he should've hired someone to write the copy for him.

Re: John's anticipated home purchase: There are a few houses for sale (by owner--so no dealing with heathen realtors or brokers?) in the immediate vicinity of the Maxwells' little compound...I'll be very curious to see if either of those go off the market soon, and to whom! (In other words--keep checking those records!)

That's funny. Do they take walks often? I can see the neighbors thinking, "Well, time to move!"

Hell, I'd want to move too if I lived next to the Maxwells. Either that or I'd want to infiltrate and corrupt them all. I don't think I have the patience though.

John's writing on his irrigation website makes me cringe in sympathetic embarrassment. Poor John. Shame on Teri and Steve for passing him through homeschool with such terrible writing skills. At the very least, knowing he's bad at it, he should've hired someone to write the copy for him.

The quality of the website would be so much better, if he had invested in an outside person to write copy for him.

That's funny. Do they take walks often? I can see the neighbors thinking, "Well, time to move!"

Don't forget those "Ladies' Brunches" they have periodically for the neighborhood women. Teri expects each of them to tell something personal about their lives (saddest occasion, happiest, etc.)

They've also blogged about how they pray and cry on News Year's Eve for their neighbors to be saved.

I'd run for the hills if I was their neighbor.

Don't forget those "Ladies' Brunches" they have periodically for the neighborhood women. Teri expects each of them to tell something personal about their lives (saddest occasion, happiest, etc.)

They've also blogged about how they pray and cry on News Year's Eve for their neighbors to be saved.

I'd run for the hills if I was their neighbor.

Well, I think if you are up for it, you could make them run for the hills pretty easily. :mrgreen: And maybe give their poor daughters a little bit of an outlook that there is more in this world than Stevie and his family-cult.

Well, I think if you are up for it, you could make them run for the hills pretty easily. :mrgreen: And maybe give their poor daughters a little bit of an outlook that there is more in this world than Stevie and his family-cult.

It's a good thought, but I think the Maxwell's beliefs are so entrenched, if nothing has moved them by now it never will.

They see anyone who doesn't share their brand of Christianity as someone for whom to pray, not as an example they could follow.

Archived