IGNORED

The Maxwell's garage is a PIGSTY!!

Justme

The flip flops thing drives me nuts. I would be worried about insect bits or stepping on something sharp that would just go straight through. I understand not having workboots for the girls, but the love- wear some tennis shoes!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im 30 and my fiance and i just moved into our first house together, after moving out of our condo. I have been supporting myself and going to Costco and Dairy Queen without my parents for 12 years. Sarah Maxwell's life is so drastically different. Its shocking.

Being around 2 years older than Sarah and comparing my life to hers depresses me to no end. And I've not done anything too noteworthy; my life is pretty average for a mid-thirties woman in the Midwestern US. But just thinking for a few seconds that some fucked up twist of fate could have had ME living that life? I can't put into words how that makes me feel.

The flip flops thing drives me nuts. I would be worried about insect bits or stepping on something sharp that would just go straight through. I understand not having workboots for the girls, but the love- wear some tennis shoes!

This is what I don't understand: if women are such delicate flowers who must be protected from LIFE then why are the women cleaning up the garage in flip flops and the men have boots on? Are women's feet less important? Are they stronger? Is a decent work boot too expensive to waste on the womenfolk? My guess is that the men never wear flip flops even in the heat of summer when they are appropriate and the women never get sturdy work boots-- because it is a sex differentiation thing like skirts vs, pants. On the other hand they still ask the women to do chores that would be better done in pants and work boots.

I think the thing that bothers me about the blizzard pictures (or the maxwells, in general) is kind of the same thing that bothers me about Kate Gosselin (well ok, one of the things that bothers me about both of them) ;)

They have a lot of kids, but treat them ALL the same. Maybe John (Jesse? Jehoshaphat? I don't know my maxwells very well) would like a medium or large size treat, being a growing boy and all. These are not the borg we are talking about here. They are individuals are should be allowed to express that individuality even if that is by way of getting a different sized blizzard.

It's like Kate saying ALL 8 of her kids LOVE all the same things. I think we all know that's likely not the case. She just doesn't care to get to know her children and doesn't want to actually give them choices so therefore they all like the same things...whatever SHE likes.

I'm actually ok with the mini sized treats for everyone. It seems like dad was taking everyone out for ice cream for helping with the garage, and ice cream times 10 isn't cheap.

I think the thing that bothers me about the blizzard pictures (or the maxwells, in general) is kind of the same thing that bothers me about Kate Gosselin (well ok, one of the things that bothers me about both of them) ;)

They have a lot of kids, but treat them ALL the same. Maybe John (Jesse? Jehoshaphat? I don't know my maxwells very well) would like a medium or large size treat, being a growing boy and all. These are not the borg we are talking about here. They are individuals are should be allowed to express that individuality even if that is by way of getting a different sized blizzard.

It's like Kate saying ALL 8 of her kids LOVE all the same things. I think we all know that's likely not the case. She just doesn't care to get to know her children and doesn't want to actually give them choices so therefore they all like the same things...whatever SHE likes.

But yes, as a generalization, they do not treat their "children" as individuals, it's the same thing for all of them. I remember at the Olive Garden for Mary's b-day, every single one of them ordered soup salad and breadsticks. It looks like at least people were allowed to choose their own flavors of blizzards, even if they were the same size.

Ugh, yes. When those things get wet they are dangerous! My feet will slide all around the bottom of the shoe and those things will hydroplane on any type of flat surface. It would be really easy to blow a knee out or tear an ACL.

Flip flops + wet concrete floor = trouble. Been there, done that, got the goose-egg on my head to prove it. More than once, probably. Crocs at least have a little more traction. And most cheap flip flops are too thing to protect against anything longer than a thumbtack.

They're probably clearing it out so it can be converted into a home for Sarah if she gets married. Can't imagine her being allowed any further away than that.

They're probably clearing it out so it can be converted into a home for Sarah if she gets married. Can't imagine her being allowed any further away than that.

doesn't the women live closer to the man's family?? And I really wish Steve would just let Sarah go. It would be embarrassing for me as a parent go keep their kid at home with no job or schooling waiting to get them married off. Steve cannot view his parenting methods successful

But yes, as a generalization, they do not treat their "children" as individuals, it's the same thing for all of them. I remember at the Olive Garden for Mary's b-day, every single one of them ordered soup salad and breadsticks. It looks like at least people were allowed to choose their own flavors of blizzards, even if they were the same size.

If they're different and have thoughts of their own then that leafs to questions and rebellion. At least it's safer to keep them all the same

Archived