IGNORED

The Maxwell's garage is a PIGSTY!!

Justme

Having lived through "family cleaning" days even going into young adulthood, it isn't fun. And no ice cream either.

Though the pictures of adult children having ice cream in the back seats is a bit jarring. As another poster pointed out, this would be different if they were all young kids.

We have a family cleaning day in the spring and fall at the family lake cottage (we are all part owners). We all have treats, while cleaning. It's called Beer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm genuinely surprised by how messy it is. With all the cleaning "projects" they do, they couldn't include cleaning up the garage every month or two?

Wouldn't want the mess to become an idol, now would we Steve-a-reeno?

Maybe it's just how huge US portion sizes are compared to European ones, but those 'mini' portions seem very reasonable sizes for ice cream. Is it made with actual cream or is it 'frozen dairy dessert'? If the former then that seems about right - I wouldn't be able to finish anything bigger. Can't snark on them for that.

Maybe it's just how huge US portion sizes are compared to European ones, but those 'mini' portions seem very reasonable sizes for ice cream. Is it made with actual cream or is it 'frozen dairy dessert'? If the former then that seems about right - I wouldn't be able to finish anything bigger. Can't snark on them for that.

I LOVE Blizzards- Reese's peanut butter cup. I can totally eat a large one- it would replace a meal but I could totally eat a big one. Since I love them, I try and limit myself to the tiny size because even though I can (and will) eat a big one, I shouldn't. The tiny one is a nice regular dessert size.

There is a cost factor -- ordering for just my little family of 5 gives me sticker shock.

Someone mentioned the garage being large- looks like they have a nice big 3 car garage...oh I would love that so we could have one stall just for storage. I would never park outside in the summer if we had 3 stalls. (Typical 3 car garage is in the range of 36 x 26 give or take a few feet- in the range of 800 to 950 sq ft) New builds in my area (snow state) usually have 3 stalls- the 3rd stall is typically a little smaller- mainly used for storage and these are built on average middle class homes.

I used to live right next door to a Dairy Queen. I would go once a week or so and get a large blizzard. It would last me three or four days.

I wonder how I never got fat. Maybe all the walking I did, but I walk everywhere now and still can't lose a single pound lol

I drive by a DQ EVERYDAY. It calls to me "Keen, come get a frosty cone of deliciousness" and I resist, most of the time. That DQ does Blizzard BOGOs Monday-Wednesday, from 4 PM- 10 PM. I wonder if their DQ does the same thing.

I drive by a DQ EVERYDAY. It calls to me "Keen, come get a frosty cone of deliciousness" and I resist, most of the time. That DQ does Blizzard BOGOs Monday-Wednesday, from 4 PM- 10 PM. I wonder if their DQ does the same thing.

the only dq i know of is kind of out of the way for me, most of the time, so i'm able to better resist the urge for a cookie dough blizzard. or a chicken basket with extra gravy. gods, if i could i would bath in that gravy.

The pictures of adult children enjoying their ice cream in the back seat are just....sad, so sad, in a way I cannot even begin to articulate.

On the other hand, I must admit to my shame that I have NO problem polishing off a medium-size Reese's Sonic Blast (same thing as a Blizzard, just from Sonic instead) or Java Chiller (their ice-cream frozen coffee drink). YUM, YUM. Definitely close to idol status for me.

ETA: there is a Sonic barely 1/4 mile from our front door. That doesn't help matters.

the only dq i know of is kind of out of the way for me, most of the time, so i'm able to better resist the urge for a cookie dough blizzard. or a chicken basket with extra gravy. gods, if i could i would bath in that gravy.

I have to resist the DQ and three different Sonics. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it (said in a vary martyred tone).

I have to resist the DQ and three different Sonics. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it (said in a vary martyred tone).

we have a local pizza place that makes the best greek calzones i've ever had, and also has killer tiramisu and awesome meatballs and meat sauce. it is very hard to not just order after a long day.

there's also a great little drive-in place just yards down the road from us. if we weren't moving, we'd be totes screwed next summer.

I can count on one hand the number of Blizzard/blizzard knock off's I've eaten, because of the calorie content. This is one reason I am eternally pissed that I'm fat.

I have a DQ a mile from my house. I may or may not have an addiction to the peanut buster parfait. My kids like their dip cones. And there's a drive-thru. Snort.

I found Anna's flip flops rather defrauding and dangerous. I don't believe we've ever seen the bare toes of a Maxwell, have we? Toes have cleavage, and cleavage is sinful, so I think Steve should consider that.

I found Anna's flip flops rather defrauding and dangerous. I don't believe we've ever seen the bare toes of a Maxwell, have we? Toes have cleavage, and cleavage is sinful, so I think Steve should consider that.

i think i mentioned this before, but the christian high school that we were at banned flip flips. after some badgering, an administrator caved and said they "revealed too much foot". i think he just had a foot fetish. :P

I can't imagine having to do work in a skirt and flip flops. Ugh, I'd rather be barefoot over having to deal with stupid floppy shoes that offer no protection and slide around.

My own garage is full of stuff. So much stuff, that to pull my bike in and out I have to lift it over my old sofa and an unused weight bench; and wedge it behind a tool cart. It's awful. I need the Maxwells to come over and help me

...or just call the Jettison Brothers Moving Company..... :o

I can't imagine having to do work in a skirt and flip flops. Ugh, I'd rather be barefoot over having to deal with stupid floppy shoes that offer no protection and slide around.

Ugh, yes. When those things get wet they are dangerous! My feet will slide all around the bottom of the shoe and those things will hydroplane on any type of flat surface. It would be really easy to blow a knee out or tear an ACL.

RE: Flipflops. I can't tolerate any shoe that has a strap up through the toes. THe longest I can manage them is occasionally after a pedicure to get to the car and drive home.

And, I have a 3rd bay of our garage that needs help. A lot of help.

I only wear flip flops if I need to convince someone I'm wearing shoes, but they come off shortly thereafter .

Or if I need to go Into a store or something, then I wear them in summer cuz there easy to take off, but I agree, I HATE toe straps

I love flip flops and would wear them every day if possible. I even use them as "slippers" at home most of the time.

And yet I don't hesitate to wear proper shoes for certain activities. At least the Maxwells wear shoes for things like hiking. That's the one and only area the Duggars could take notice and learn from the Maxwells.

You know, I've been following the Maxwells for years. And for the first time today, it really hit me that Sarah is only a couple of years younger than I am. And here I am, married, with two kids, working outside the house (when I'm not on maternity leave), managing my own finances and being all adult. While she is carted off to get ice creams like she's 6.

:cry: Fuck now I'm depressed.

You know, I've been following the Maxwells for years. And for the first time today, it really hit me that Sarah is only a couple of years younger than I am. And here I am, married, with two kids, working outside the house (when I'm not on maternity leave), managing my own finances and being all adult. While she is carted off to get ice creams like she's 6.

:cry: Fuck now I'm depressed.

And two of her sisters-in-law are several years younger than she is. Of course, in that world, she still won't be all adult even after she is married (assuming she ever is).

I love flip flops and would wear them every day if possible. I even use them as "slippers" at home most of the time.

And yet I don't hesitate to wear proper shoes for certain activities. At least the Maxwells wear shoes for things like hiking. That's the one and only area the Duggars could take notice and learn from the Maxwells.

i love my flip flops, too. i would actually go barefoot if i could, but going out i can't, so i wear flip flops all the time. i'll wear them until there's snow on the ground.

but i'm not allowed to wear them at work, so i have a small collection of flats and sneakers and various and a sundry footwear that i can wear. flip flops are only the end-all, be-all if i'm going out of the house and i'm not going to work and there's no snow.

And two of her sisters-in-law are several years younger than she is. Of course, in that world, she still won't be all adult even after she is married (assuming she ever is).

i'm kind of worried about her. If she is eventually married, hopefully she marries a man who can handle everything. I don't know if she'll ever catch up to normal capabilities. i struggle being a mom and in charge of everything, and she is much more sheltered than i ever was. i'd had a part time job and babysat for non-family people already by the time i was 13 and... went to camp and just a lot of things, and i'm still so stunted.

Sarah might not strong enough, mentally, to be independent. Steve is abusive. He's bound his kids' feet essentially, stunted their growth into adulthood.

I noticed Mary was carrying a load of boards while wearing flip-flops. Girl should be wearing steel-toed shoes in case she drops them on on her foot.

Jesus will keep her feet safe, so appropriate footwear be damned.

Archived