IGNORED

Jana's Pinterest

fabkiwi06

I've seen this floating around on a couple threads. How did this get found and are how legit is it? It seems to go against the whole Duggar girls not getting social media until married.

Sorry if I'm just being nosy... I think it's a big peek inside. It's very telling what a person pins. (and Jana has great taste in menswear and children's clothes if it is her).

Link is: http://www.pinterest.com/jannynal/

[Edit to fix spelling and to add link.]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen this floating around on a couple threads. How did this get found and are how legit is it? It seems to go against the whole Duggar girls not getting social media until married.

Sorry if I'm just being nosy... I think it's a big peek inside. It's very telling what a person pins. (and Jana has great taste in menswear and children's clothes if it is her).

Link is: http://www.pinterest.com/jannynal/

[Edit to fix spelling and to add link.]

I looked into who she is following on pinterest. She is following people saying they are Jill and Cathy Dillard. Cathy's supposed account is following this person, but Jill's alleged account is not.

I find it unlikely that this is Jana for several reasons:

1. I've read that the non-married/engaged Duggar children aren't allowed access to social media and that their parents monitor their phone and computer use. How would Jana be able to use pinterest secretly when she is never alone?

2. If she was using pinterest secretly why would she make it a point to follow family and friends? And if she weren't using it secretly, why would her sister not follow her account as well?

3. This account user also followed members of the Bates/Webster families as well, yet Alyssa and Whitney haven't followed them in return.

Jana does have the family password, though, so who knows. About the not-following thing, it seems like some people use pinterest for their own pins and don't care much what other people are looking at. (for instance Jill might be too distractable to be "following" people) i follow peeps on mine but never look at them :lol: I guess it could go both ways :) The thing would be to look at the dates -- when did the person pin the pages about sewing and ties?

eta: 44 weeks ago on the "tips for sewing knits" and 27 weeks on the tie tutorial

pinterest.com/pin/408983209882071713/

pinterest.com/pin/408983209882985007/

not sure a fake account would have known back then that those things were going to be accurate.

Jana does have the family password, though, so who knows. About the not-following thing, it seems like some people use pinterest for their own pins and don't care much what other people are looking at. (for instance Jill might be too distractable to be "following" people) i follow peeps on mine but never look at them :lol: I guess it could go both ways :) The thing would be to look at the dates -- when did the person pin the pages about sewing and ties?

eta: 44 weeks ago on the "tips for sewing knits" and 27 weeks on the tie tutorial

pinterest.com/pin/408983209882071713/

pinterest.com/pin/408983209882985007/

not sure a fake account would have known back then that those things were going to be accurate.

Good points. It would be really interesting if she did have an account on pinterest. Haven't her parents flat out said that they aren't allowed social media accounts until they are engaged or married? If they did and this really is Jana than either the parents lied or home girl is breaking some rules!

Good points. It would be really interesting if she did have an account on pinterest. Haven't her parents flat out said that they aren't allowed social media accounts until they are engaged or married? If they did and this really is Jana than either the parents lied or home girl is breaking some rules!

I think like a lot of things the Duggars have "convictions" about, the parents have simply relaxed a bit as they are more exposed to it. I think it's hard to argue that Pinterest is more dangerous for Jana than it is for Jessa or Jill.

I meant what I said in the other thread, btw - I think some of things that "Jana" is identifying with in her quotes board are really troubling. I really do think she struggles more than any of them.

I think like a lot of things the Duggars have "convictions" about, the parents have simply relaxed a bit as they are more exposed to it. I think it's hard to argue that Pinterest is more dangerous for Jana than it is for Jessa or Jill.

I meant what I said in the other thread, btw - I think some of things that "Jana" is identifying with in her quotes board are really troubling. I really do think she struggles more than any of them.

It doesn't help that she obviously has a clue and knows she is her parent's slave... it must hurt a lot that your parents don't value you at all; they just keep you around because they're too busy rooting like rabbits all day.

It doesn't help that she obviously has a clue and knows she is her parent's slave... it must hurt a lot that your parents don't value you at all; they just keep you around because they're too busy rooting like rabbits all day.

She lives a normal middle-class American life. She's not starving or in a war zone, she's completely placid and sweet on the outside. For her to identify so much quotes about desperate struggle when there's no outward sign of it in her life means she's melting on the inside. Girl needs a therapist and a thousand miles between her and family.

Like this one:

post-11027-14451999545413_thumb.jpg

Isn't Jana really into essential oils? there's a lot of that on this page.

there's also that pickle pin that looks like the recipe that Jill used to make pickles in that one episode.

If it is her, I find it odd she pinned a quote that said,"Hi my name is mom".

It's a link to an article about homeschooling--and we know she's heavily involved in the education of the little ones.

It's a link to an article about homeschooling--and we know she's heavily involved in the education of the little ones.

Oh okay, that makes a lot more sense!

So I have no idea how Pinterest works. But under one quote about moms. This was written: "This definitely made me cry it's so true... My Emma is almost 7 time flies" Not sure if the person who created the pin wrote that or it's from the owner of this account. Anyways I just wanted to throw that out there and see if maybe we're barking up the wrong tree.

I don't think it is her and I am not convinced the Annadurrar is Anna Duggar, either. Annadurrar had post about hair, where she whined about not being able to grown her hair long. As Anna has long hair, this seems to rule her out as Annadurrar.

I think these might just be staunch fans of the show.

On Pinterest, if you just grab somebody else's pin, whatever they wrote on it gets pulled over with it, unless you change it yourself. So it's possible that the Emma quote is just something she grabbed and didn't change. Or she really has a kid named Emma, and it's not Jana.

Pretty sure it isn't her

in the recipe section there is a recipe for a buffalo chicken roll up. the JannaNalon person writes about making it for her hubby. So unless Jana has a secret husband, I am pretty sure this isn't her.

I never change the tags on my Pinterest. I'm not interested in the "social" aspect of it. Anyone on there would think I have five kids, chickens, live in Seattle... none of which is true.

I was convinced it was Jana after I saw the modest wedding dresses on her wedding page. I also thought she was the smartest sister to look for pre-modest wedding dresses that won't need to be altered.

I don't think it is her and I am not convinced the Annadurrar is Anna Duggar, either. Annadurrar had post about hair, where she whined about not being able to grown her hair long. As Anna has long hair, this seems to rule her out as Annadurrar.

I think these might just be staunch fans of the show.

The thing with Pinterest is that if any of the people that pinned something before you did added a caption to the pin, unless you make an effort to change/delete that caption, it will stay attached to the pin when you pin it to your own board. So just because the captions don't match up to Jana or Anna's circumstances, it doesn't immediately rule them out as owners of those pinterests.

I personally am inclined to believe that Janny Nalon is Jana, though I'm not 100% sure. I AM pretty sure that Annadurrar is Anna though. Anna has been doing Mckynzie's hair in a few different styles pinned to her "Hair" board, I've definitely seen Anna on the show with her scarf tied some fancy way that she has pinned on the Sewing board, and I've seen some of the crafts Annadurrar has pinned show up in the background of the show too. Not to mention that the pinboard full of gender reveal ideas is titled D+P.

Hey y'all! I never really post on here, but I too have come across this Pinterest and I believe it to be Jana's because a few months back Jessa posted on instagram that Jana made her an essential oils home remedy for a cough she had. The exact same recipe is pinned in Janny Nalons natural loving board. Could be a coincidence, but I do think its Jana.

http://i.imgur.com/uDk0G0N.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lwhjq2p.jpg

I think it's quite possible it is Jana. I hope it is. Pinterest will give her some glimpses into all sorts of things, and help her identify things she likes and relates to (something that isolated and controlled don't do easily). It could be a tiny step in the direction of discovery and individuality.

Archived