IGNORED

All things NieNie

bionicmlle

Since the holidays are coming, I'm sure there will be more to discuss regarding NieNie, so I thought I'd start a general NieNie thread. I think we had one long, long ago in the dark ages. I can do a recap if necessary.

Anyway, as of today's post on her Instagram, she has miscarried. Although her pregnancies have been discouraged AFAIK, I do feel sad for her today.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

• Upvote 1

I feel bad for NieNie. As much as she pissed off me in the past with some of the shit she has said about her kids and pimping of Charlotte, I think she loves and enjoys her kids. I feel for anyone who has had a miscarriage.

I do find a bit strange, that she announced her miscarriage on IG. I think she will take some time off from doing speaking gigs.

• Upvote 1

She briefly blogged about the miscarriage

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2014/10/heartbeat.html

Last Thursday, Mr. Nielson and I went in for a check up and to hear our baby's heartbeat.

There wasn't one.

It was heartbreaking.

I have had so many thoughts and so much heartache.

I spent the weekend in the hospital where I was given a picc line access

for some dehydration problems, and for my d&c (which I had on Monday).

I am home and doing just fine. I feel emotional, but alive.

I will be back to writing on Monday.

Thank you for your love and support.

I'm no stranger to pain and sadness, and it certainly never gets easier.

But I have the tools to deal with this, and this too shall pass.

Much love to all.

-Nie

• 2 years later...

Does anyone here follow Nienie anymore?  I had stopped reading her blog (well, I'd really stopped reading blogs pretty much in general) but was curious the other day.  They are trying to sell the Fox Hill house in Provo and have moved to Christian's family ranch in New Mexico.  The GOMI thread makes it sound pretty clear that this was for financial reasons, although I don't think any of them have any sort of insider info other than what sort of loans are still out on the house.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still following her.  They sold Fox Hill for quite a bit of money and her blog posts seem to suggest that there were other reasons they left - there seem to be a lot of references to sin and things like that - more often than usual.  I also think the switch to homeschooling seemed sudden as the older girls seem really social and engaged with their friends.

It will be very interesting to see how the new ranch house turns out - I'm sure it will be grand. She hinted today she may be done blogging.

• 2 months later...

I casually follow the NieNie blog, and have been truly perplexed about their decision making for the past year. They sold their "forever home" last year, and moved to Christian's Nie-Free sanctuary in New Mexico, where he plays with cows for weeks at a time. They've been making cryptic remarks about the wonderful new house they plan to build on a special spot on the ranch land ever since (including showing pictures of the spot in blog posts), and now suddenly, as of today, she's saying that maybe they won't be living in NM long-term either. 

I have to assume that whomever owns the property (supposedly a relative of Christian's, I think) has given them an ultimatum of some sort, and they don't feel quite certain about building there after all. The decision to leave Provo in the first place is mysterious and seems totally at odds with anything that anyone in the family actually wanted or needed, yet she insists they won't be returning to Provo anytime soon either. (Despite her dad apparently asking them to consider it repeatedly, which suggests that there truly isn't anything holding the Nielsons to New Mexico or that Ranch.) The whole thing just seems strange and kind of dark, almost as if they are trying to get away from something. She seems miserable homeschooling the kids (a practical necessity after what appeared to be a false start for most of the kids at the beginning of the school year), and constantly laments the loss of her breezy days at home alone with Lottie. 

Recently, I got the distinct impression from the road trip posts that she's got her sights set on moving to the Carolinas. That would be suitably shocking to keep the attention of her fans, but would put her even further away from her true powerbase in Utah. None of it makes any sense (nor is it meant to; Stephanie is the original Vague Poster), but I also don't follow her avidly enough to have caught any subtleties or nuances. 

• 1 month later...

On 4/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, SolomonFundy said:

I casually follow the NieNie blog, and have been truly perplexed about their decision making for the past year. They sold their "forever home" last year, and moved to Christian's Nie-Free sanctuary in New Mexico, where he plays with cows for weeks at a time. They've been making cryptic remarks about the wonderful new house they plan to build on a special spot on the ranch land ever since (including showing pictures of the spot in blog posts), and now suddenly, as of today, she's saying that maybe they won't be living in NM long-term either. 

I have to assume that whomever owns the property (supposedly a relative of Christian's, I think) has given them an ultimatum of some sort, and they don't feel quite certain about building there after all. The decision to leave Provo in the first place is mysterious and seems totally at odds with anything that anyone in the family actually wanted or needed, yet she insists they won't be returning to Provo anytime soon either. (Despite her dad apparently asking them to consider it repeatedly, which suggests that there truly isn't anything holding the Nielsons to New Mexico or that Ranch.) The whole thing just seems strange and kind of dark, almost as if they are trying to get away from something. She seems miserable homeschooling the kids (a practical necessity after what appeared to be a false start for most of the kids at the beginning of the school year), and constantly laments the loss of her breezy days at home alone with Lottie. 

Recently, I got the distinct impression from the road trip posts that she's got her sights set on moving to the Carolinas. That would be suitably shocking to keep the attention of her fans, but would put her even further away from her true powerbase in Utah. None of it makes any sense (nor is it meant to; Stephanie is the original Vague Poster), but I also don't follow her avidly enough to have caught any subtleties or nuances. 

The move to NC is official. I think there was drama between NieNie and Christian's family regarding the New Mexico ranch. I still wonder why they left Provo and some online speculation is that money have played a factor. Some people on GOMI speculated that NieNie probably didn't trust Christian to be alone working in NM. I can see that scenario and there is something shady about Christian. I wasn't surprised that NieNie started homeschooling in NM, some school districts here in NM crack down heavily on too many unexcused absences and parents get sent to court and and get fined. NieNie and Christian seemed to have gotten away with that back in Utah.

I don't see them lasting long in NC. I say two years tops. I see them moving back to Mesa, AZ where there is a big enough Mormon culture for Nie and some of her fans are there.

• 7 months later...

NieNie are still in Harlow House.

They are settled, the children go to school but they don't like using the school bus (it stinks), especially the girls.

Nie posts picturest of the land where their big future customized house will be. What a pity ruin a wood like that for a house...

They opened gifts for Chistmas, violin+ lesson a new motorbike, a hedgehog (what a present, poor animal, then it will finish as the "pink cat" Nie took home from a shelter or the dog will think about it ...), hope chest, legos...and so on. And no one is working. I'm amazed.

I really want to be part of their secrets :P

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

What town or nearby city does NieNie live? I thought it was outside of Charlotte. If so, the length of time it takes to get to temple in SC seems to be exaggerated. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

....and she has flounced.  

On the cusp of sending her eldest to NH on a mission and the next eldest turning 18.  Seems like a lot of unrest over there.  I suspect she will return after some time in her prayer closet with grandma and HF... particularly after she reads the comments from her adoring fans on IG.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder where they will end up now. According to her Instagram account, they are in Arkansas. And the White House is still listed. She sure is keeping us on tenterhooks here.

• Upvote 1

I was looking at the Christmas/New Years 2020 blog post, and they look like quite the prosperous family.  What does Mr. Nie do to keep the fam afloat? 

On 1/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, bionicmlle said:

her blog posts seem to suggest that there were other reasons they left - there seem to be a lot of references to sin and things like that -

The minute I saw pics of her husband, he looked like the perfect contented family man but I simultaneously wondered if he strayed...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ok then said:

I wonder where they will end up now. According to her Instagram account, they are in Arkansas. And the White House is still listed. She sure is keeping us on tenterhooks here.

Arkansas is sure a long way from North Carolina for a weekend trip. And the kids aren't on spring break - I think they are moving. Back to Utah/Arizona/New Mexico or something. I always though they'd do well in Idaho. The weather that MieMie likes, the Mormon-centric culture, the close proximity to white/national supremicists, seems like just the place for them.

• Upvote 2

Half a dozen NEW posts have just popped up in my feed reader! They are posts chronicling a number of weeks BEFORE Claire left, but they were not they before, I am a hundred percent sure. And she openly mentions their dire financial situation a couple of times. I'm speechless. WHAT IS GOING ON?  

• Upvote 1

OMG these posts are bananas.  I thought maybe she was hacked but it sounds like her private diary.

They also sound.....  like a normal person wrote them.  She sounds like she actually knows her children and writes about them in a strangely maternal way.  It's so off-brand for her.  

The house did indeed get taken off the market as did the photos of the Nie-ifying of that home.  

• Upvote 1

Wow.  Saw this pop up and I haven't read NieNie's blog in years.  I knew she moved to NC, but must have dropped off shortly after her move.

Yes, as someone familiar with her older posts, it's odd to read NieNie reference that she can't support an older kid because of their "meager financial situation."  

I have always assumed, without any facts, that they had some sort of insurance or financial settlement from the accident that was their main support.  I could never understand why they left Provo, as they could have probably made a decent living as inspirational speakers for Mormon-adjacent businesses. 

I feel really bad for her.  I can understand not wanting to blog your life if you are experiencing tough times. 

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Does anyone else still follow her?

Their situation seems so dire. I worry about the kids especially about Nicholas. He is so sensitive and kind to animals and they lost all their pets. I hope Christian and Stephanie can get their heads out of their asses and save the situation somehow for the kids' sake.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I really thought she was serious about not blogging, then randomly thought of her tonight and checked the blog- it is very active again. 

They were able to get a new house in early November.  Oldest daughter serving a mission in Brazil.  Stephanie blogging a ton, and very like her older blog posts.  Can't do a deep dive tonight.  

• 7 months later...

I looked up Nie Nie last night and was surprised to see that she’s been updating her blog for months. Claire returned a month ago from Brazil but Nie Nie hasn’t blogged since before then. Jane was preparing to leave for Portugal. The boys have jobs and the youngest girl is starting middle school soon.

Housewise, it appears they had been renting their last two houses (The White House and House on 6th?) but have now moved into a house that they are renovating. She calls it Stillested and it’s near Chapel Hill, NC.

She and Christian recently summited Mt. Kilimanjaro and multiple family members now ride motorcycles (with helmets).

I was pleasantly surprised to see a post about the children’s annual well visits and immunizations. Otherwise some things she posted still get under my skin.(Removing dirt from Kilimanjaro for Nicholas - WTH? Motorcycles after your plane accident that still requires you to take Xanax while flying - why risk it? Selling all your pets including your son’s hedgehog because you’re uprooting your family on the spur of divine inspiration -  again?)