IGNORED

Maxwell's Georgia Conference

WonderingInWA

Latest post is up and talks about what a great time they had at the Georgia conference. Is it just me or does this sound extraordinarily better than most conferences? My radar is up on this Mr. M. (the guy who bought pizza) and the happy photos of Sarah outside the church next to the cross and also of Teri with some other woman who seems to maybe would have a son Sarah's age? I know I'm maybe reading too much into it, but does anyone else get the feeling maybe this is leading to another surprise, that maybe Sarah is entering into a courtship?

Okay, wishful thinking, I know...but I'm curious to hear others' thoughts.

I hope you're right, for Sarah's sake. I'm wondering if Jesse's got his eye on one of the young women there.

Mary's use of the exclamation point seems utterly random. And (at the risk of beating a dead horse) - Anna, honey, for the love of all that is good, please: enough with the layered tops and the side pony tail.

I hope you're right, for Sarah's sake. I'm wondering if Jesse's got his eye on one of the young women there.

Mary's use of the exclamation point seems utterly random. And (at the risk of beating a dead horse) - Anna, honey, for the love of all that is good, please: enough with the layered tops and the side pony tail.

Yes. Please! The ponies are so early-90's-chic, but they're just not working anymore, honey.

One thing I love about Anna, though, is that her smiles actually seem genuine. Of all the Maxwells, at least for me, Anna just exudes happiness.

As much as I think the Mortons are complete wackadoos, they have far too much colour and fun in their lives for Steve.

I like the way Anna is rocking her pink Keds.

I'm surprised Stevie allowed her to own those, much less wear them in photographs. Maybe he's lightening up a bit. But probably not. Once he reads about it here, those shoes will never been seen again.

Leave it to the Maxwells to make pizza look gross. Greasy box, a picture of just the stack of boxes right before they get thrown in the trash. (i guess) :lol: Everyone else in the world would have taken a photo of all of them fresh on the table before the line went through.

Leave it to the Maxwells to make pizza look gross. Greasy box, a picture of just the stack of boxes right before they get thrown in the trash. (i guess) :lol: Everyone else in the world would have taken a photo of all of them fresh on the table before the line went through.

I want to know why they always have to specify it was a pizza dinner, heaven forbid someone assumes they did something rebellious like have a pizza lunch.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Oh, sorry -- I dozed off looking through those pictures.

Have they always referred to conferences with the name-of-place-apostrophe-s format? I didn't notice until Orlando. It sounds so goofy, especially when the place name is also a person name.

This time, I want to know if it was Georgia Engel, Sweet Georgia Brown, or Georgia O'Keefe with whom they had a conference. :D

rd4E7sh.jpg

Guess what! Guess what! I think it was Oklahoma that was the latest post. I think.......unless he's too old because that happened 14 years ago, it just may be the answer to our prayers for Sarah; if there were more of us praying desperately for Sarah to find a husband. There was speculation on whether it could be a widower with children, but this is a widower who lost his children too. Could Sarah bring him some more? Would Stevehovah actually allow it? Go read! Go read!

How small must the MS conference have been? Only 3 pics. No unloading/reloading the bus pics. Do you think they didn't even set up their usual table of wares? No talk of interesting questions. I think they were insulted.

As long as we can, we will continue to bring the hope of Jesus’ light into families’ lives!

At least to the families who have money to give.

Oklahoma conference report is now up, and oy, the misuse of apostrophes...

Also, "Folks' hearts were tender and soaked in the message." Kinda sounds like marinating a tough pork roast.

Guess what! Guess what! I think it was Oklahoma that was the latest post. I think.......unless he's too old because that happened 14 years ago, it just may be the answer to our prayers for Sarah; if there were more of us praying desperately for Sarah to find a husband. There was speculation on whether it could be a widower with children, but this is a widower who lost his children too. Could Sarah bring him some more? Would Stevehovah actually allow it? Go read! Go read!

Maybe that's why Mary has been doing more of the blogging lately.

Oklahoma conference report is now up, and oy, the misuse of apostrophes...

Also, "Folks' hearts were tender and soaked in the message." Kinda sounds like marinating a tough pork roast.

I guess she was trying to get away from the same old hearts were open, but I'm thinking she needs to go back to it if this is the best she can do.

I guess she was trying to get away from the same old hearts were open, but I'm thinking she needs to go back to it if this is the best she can do.

I think this apostrophe is correct. She's making the word folk plural possessive by adding s'.

I do agree that it sounds like marinating meat.... :pbbt:

I'm surprised Stevie allowed her to own those, much less wear them in photographs. Maybe he's lightening up a bit. But probably not. Once he reads about it here, those shoes will never been seen again.

Let's hope that's not the case... Maybe Steve (Hi!) will think "I'm not going to let those FJ folks get to me and My Family!" :shifty-kitty:

I think this apostrophe is correct. She's making the word folk plural possessive by adding s'.

I do agree that it sounds like marinating meat.... :pbbt:

You're right, the "folks' " is correct. It was "We met a bunch of great Oklahoman’s!" that got me. I should have been more clear, and should not be posting to FJ late at night...

I thought the report from Mississippi was a little, idk, passive-aggressive maybe.

Sarah mentioned twice in two sentences how very, very small the turnout was, but it was ok because the Lord obviously wanted them there, and the few that came had their hearts open (shocking, I know). I have a feeling all that showed was the small group of about 7 that Steve is pictured lecturing.

They got banana bread though, so maybe it was worth the stop.

And, I wish Sarah would stop with the camera in front of her face pictures. It's like she just wants to fade into the background.

"Folks' hearts were tender and soaked in the message." Kinda sounds like marinating a tough pork roast.

It goes along with the image I've always had when Steve talks about keeping his children's hearts -- I picture them in jars of formaldehyde, on his desk.

Mary better watch it with the saucy posing at the book table in the Oklahoma post. :o

:lol:

Archived