IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

My 16 year old is going through a rough time. She was telling me how some of her friends are drinking, smoking pot, and having sex. I have known some of these kids since kindergarten. It struck me while reading this woman's blog that Not once while listening to my daughter,

did I think the parents were bad or at fault. I didn't think it reflected on the parents at All because I know that those kids are still good kids and the parents are loving decent people.

I listen to this story and I think this woman must me a fucking monster for her kid to do that. She must be batshit crazy if her own parents would pull that off behind her back. This kind of planning must of taken a long time and these three people are looking her in the eye and having conversations with her and lying to her face. They felt that t was necessary. And this crazy woman who should feel embarrassed. Most people would want as little people as possible to know this. She is fighting fucking blogs about it as if she were a victim!

I don't bat an eyelash over kids fornicating and partying, and this woman's kid just moves out and I am super judgy bitch. Crazy.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Faith was of age and carefully planned her move, with trusted family. It doesn't seem like she wanted to cut ties forever, she just wanted to breathe. She was smart enough not to run off willy nilly without a plan. The whole thing is very sad, but it seems like she is giving the other kids a good role model for when their chance at freedom finally arrives.

Lisa's modesty posts are really awful. How can someone so great at decorating fail so badly at fashion? :lol: thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/12/embracing-modesty-50/

Those pics of her wearing a metallic tank top over a long-sleeved t-shirt are so sad. This lady knows how to sew, so why doesn't she just shorten the straps and wear an open long-sleeved blouse over the tank top? :doh:

I seriously heard an orchestra of tiny violins in my head while reading the post about the daughter leaving. And the "scare" font of the title and the woman clip art of a woman face palming was the icing on the cake

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

I felt myself getting pissed as she was moaning away in the blog post. Has this woman ever encountered a true tragedy in her life? I can imagine if she has come to pieces over her daughter moving out she is going to go completely unhinged when something bad actually happens.

This probably also makes me feel stabby as I have a friend who lost her son a few months ago. That is a real fucking tragedy lady, not your adult daughter moving out with the help of her grandparents.

Apparently, her son is crowd sourcing funding for an album:

jacobpenningtonmusic.com/

Lisa keeps posting normal blog posts throughout her "tragedy". I don't get it.

:text-offtopic:

Peas n carrots, have you got a new avi?

NIIIIIICCCCCEEEE.

My life is seriously not as fun without XGG and D2 news.

:sick:

Lisa keeps posting normal blog posts throughout her "tragedy". I don't get it.

Yes, I was wondering about this as well. Maybe she's over the initial shock when life as she knew it ended, but then the world just keeps spinning around.

Also, I'm thinking that Lisa's parents are not fundy and perhaps that has been a source of low-grade conflict over time? If they were fundy, the grandparents would NEVER usurp the parents' role over the daughter, because headship.

"We also learned that she has been telling exaggerated stories about what is going on inside our home to a godless woman who has been giving her foolish counsel and encouraging her to deceive us and get out." This is SO fundy-speak. Translation: The daughter went to a secular counselor (possibly funded by the grandparents?).

Lisa's modesty posts are really awful. How can someone so great at decorating fail so badly at fashion? :lol: thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/12/embracing-modesty-50/

To be honest though, she does dress somewhat more fashionably than a lot of Fundies do. She does have a lot of really bad combinations, though. She might have one piece that is kind of cute and then she messes it up. Strictly speaking only of the clothing, I appreciate her attempts more than I do Michelle's green or pink camp shirts and long shapeless skirt with black tights on. For all the money Michelle now has, and with the weight loss she has had, I don't understand why she isn't at least trying to get some nicer clothes. I haven't seen any pics of what she wore to Jill's wedding yet, but can only imagine it was pretty bad.

The problem with fundie "Fashion" is the proportions are never right. I don't understand why the must pair a longer skirt with a long top. That is what looks so bad. Even if they wore a short top, they would still be covered from neck to below knees, so why do they need all this fabric overlapping in the middle.

And the clunkier shoes don't bother me too much, but I am a nurse, and we all pretty much wear Dansko's which are very clunky so I guess I am used to that look.

A few thoughts. Lisa was previously very heavy and had many pregnancies, so I understand why she has these linen "shifts" and longer, looser clothing to accommodate both pregnancy and weight issues.

In a photo in her latest post, one of her (remaining) older daughters is wearing a knee length dress with calf length leggings, which is a really cute look. I guess it checks all the modesty boxes without screaming "FUNDY!"

Something else I was thinking about -- I don't obsess on this, but things from other threads keep popping up that I connect back to Lisa. The most recent was related to Cynthia Jeub discussing being assigned the role of sister mom and raising younger siblings. Perhaps one of the reasons that Lisa's younger children were so upset is that the sibling that left was essentially a mother to them, so that would put this into a "major loss" category. Another reason why the buddy system where an older child is assigned to care for and be responsible for a younger sib is so awful. In a fundy normal family, those siblings will leave to marry or go to school, and the sense of loss for the younger child left behind must be profound.

That is so true: Fundie fashion fails at proportion and colors. At least she tries.

Here's Michelle's dress from Jill's wedding. It's the same one that Kelly Bates wore at her daughter Alyssa's wedding a few weeks before Jill's. Not sure how it happened that they had the SAME dress. :lol:

(Several photos on FJ of the weddings are more flattering, but my search skills are terrible)

post-10046-14451999583759_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999583977_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999584123_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999584406_thumb.jpg

Thanks coco for posting that. I guess its not so bad, considering. It is more figure enhancing than anything I have seen her in before.

I wonder why those women never consider wearing their hair up. The dress Michele has on could be the prettiest thing on earth, but that crunchy stray mane she has just ruins it. A nice updo would have been a much better look for her

:text-offtopic:

Peas n carrots, have you got a new avi?

NIIIIIICCCCCEEEE.

My life is seriously not as fun without XGG and D2 news.

:sick:

Thanks for noticing! I admit I've been a bit sad Xgay Greg and Dede have gone AWOL. I miss Dede's hits such as Keep Your Clothes On, and Greg oversharing and making comments about his "job type friends." They are truly my Emily/Dna.

I love this pic in particular...he looks especially derpy in this photo. I also think this photo really shows XGG for who he really is - a sad, wannabe leader trying to be a national sensation. He just lacks all the tools to be what he really wants to be in life.

Check out this list of suggestions:

I don't think ALL of those are completely unreasonable; a preschooler can pick up their own toys and put their own laundry in a basket, for example. One or two chores per child isn't a terrible burden...BUT. She (and the Duggars and others) aren't talking about one or two chores for each child (some daily, some weekly), they're talking about each child having major housework to do.

When you read her post about her daughter leaving, it's clear that Lisa is a self-absorbed person. Her post didn't even CONSIDER any reasons her daughter might've left; there was absolutely no self-reflection, just angry blame toward her daughter and parents.

The grandparents' assistance especially should've made Lisa pause - other people are actively helping your kids escape the nuclear family. They are worrying for your children because of something you are doing. THAT alone should have made a normal person reflect...

I just thought this was worth reposting. The bolded is it in a nutshell.

This is my first post (hi!) but I was reading waay too far back in this woman's archives and just had to share. This one is from May of last year:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/05/the-speech-we-didnt-want-to-hear/

Apparently she and the whole family attended a homeschool graduation which included a keynote presentation about "the evils happening in the world" (what a way to celebrate your graduation!). They walked out after a few minutes because the speaker included objectionable content in the visuals-- in a later post she says it was a photo of two men kissing. To be clear, it was the image itself and not the homophobic nature of the speech she found objectionable. Money quote:

My youngest daughter (age 16) quickly followed, asking if she could leave also. It was more than her tender, protected heart could take. “Mommy, I felt so uncomfortable. I’ve never seen images like that,†she said. These are subjects we have purposely not exposed our children to at a young age.

In the next post she says:

When my children are old enough to learn of the evils that are happening in our world it will be so foreign to them that they will be anxious to do anything they can to help those that are wrapped up in these ungodly lifestyles. I have 2 adult children not much younger than the speaker and I can testify that this is exactly what has happened. My grown children are appalled and ready to stand up for righteousness without apology.

Yeah, that seems to be working out so well.

Her post on movies is also something:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/01/movie-previews-for-children/

Apparently they let the boys watch violent movies, but the girls are just too delicate. But don't worry,

We do allow the older kids (as in, 17 and up) to see movies with some swearing in it.

Fucking crazy...I don't remember my parents censoring what I watched once I hit about 13. I have my own limits on movies and TV shows, but its MY limit. There are things I don't like, don't want to see, don't want to hear...but I'm also the mom who let her kids see Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs when they were little...I stopped at History of the World Part 1 because of the piss-boy scenes...I was afraid my boys would get goofy ideas. They also never saw Home Alone...again...these kids were lively enough, they didn't need any more ideas on how to raise hell....

NachosFlandersStyle...your username wins the internets today.

That mom is really quite the piece of work. It's becoming quite clear why 18 yo daughter left.

When I was 16, I wouldn't have refered to my mother as "mommy".

Math Challenge 1:

If she has two adult children in 2013, and the girl that just left is 18, how many kids does she have total?

I thought the 18-year old was the oldest of 9? Are the "adult" children from a previous marriage or step kids?

Self righteous/smug much?

When my children are old enough to learn of the evils that are happening in our world it will be so foreign to them that they will be anxious to do anything they can to help those that are wrapped up in these ungodly lifestyles. I have 2 adult children not much younger than the speaker and I can testify that this is exactly what has happened. My grown children are appalled and ready to stand up for righteousness without apology.

Math Challenge II:

What is the probability that, out of 8 kids remaining at home, at least one or more will realize that the parents have exaggerated and lied about the evils of the world/ungodly lifestyles, and will "go normal"?

This is my first post (hi!) but I was reading waay too far back in this woman's archives and just had to share. This one is from May of last year:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2013/05/the-speech-we-didnt-want-to-hear/

Apparently she and the whole family attended a homeschool graduation which included a keynote presentation about "the evils happening in the world" (what a way to celebrate your graduation!). They walked out after a few minutes because the speaker included objectionable content in the visuals-- in a later post she says it was a photo of two men kissing. To be clear, it was the image itself and not the homophobic nature of the speech she found objectionable. Money quote:

In the next post she says:

Yeah, that seems to be working out so well.

Her post on movies is also something:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/01/movie-previews-for-children/

Apparently they let the boys watch violent movies, but the girls are just too delicate. But don't worry,

First off, welcome! And second, I love your user name. :handgestures-thumbup:

To the bolded, so let me get this straight, she wants to protect her kids from all those ungodly things in the world, and it's more than the daughters' "tender hearts" can take, yet expects them to rise up later on and "fight" these things? Yeah, agree that really seems to be working so far. :roll:

Agree that the woman is crazy and there had to be some serious stuff going in order for her own parents to help their granddaughter out behind their backs.

And I am also with PnC, that what happened is not a tragedy. Upsetting, disappointing, yes. And I will grant that this situation is truly disappointing and upsetting from her view, and there's probably a lot of parents, fundie or not, who would feel the same way, in the same situation.

But a great tragedy? Come on. If this is the only "Bad Thing" that ever happens to this woman, then she will have lived a charmed life.

However, blogging about it publicly and carrying on like she is, now that will do more damage than the daughter's leaving ever will. In addition, it will, and it should, prove the point to both the daughter and grandparents that leaving was a good decision and if daughter ever contemplates going back, I sure hope she remembers her mother's response and that mom had no qualms over taking this public and thereby shaming her. Because behind the "woe is me" posts is a very angry and vindictive mother.

Math Challenge 1:

If she has two adult children in 2013, and the girl that just left is 18, how many kids does she have total?

I thought the 18-year old was the oldest of 9? Are the "adult" children from a previous marriage or step kids?

Self righteous/smug much?

Math Challenge II:

What is the probability that, out of 8 kids remaining at home, at least one or more will realize that the parents have exaggerated and lied about the evils of the world/ungodly lifestyles, and will "go normal"?

She's not the oldest. She's the fifth oldest. There are five age 18 or older and they all live at home.

She's visiting her BFF in Iowa now. Her instagram is alteredbyfaith.

You can see in her friend's instagram she is now wearing jeans and pants and cut her hair. instagram: shadowjix

I don't have an instagram account, but any way that we could post positive / hopeful messages to her? And to say that despite her mother's crazy blog, there's a whole community of people out here rooting for her?

She's not the oldest. She's the fifth oldest. There are five age 18 or older and they all live at home.

WTF?

:o

Archived