IGNORED

The whole world is pagan except for the Maxwells

VodouDoll

I would love to turn up at a Maxwell event with a load of pamphlets, pretending to be a representative of another Christian group, and try to convert the Maxwells to "true" Christianity. :-D

I guess the main barrier to this is I live on the other side of the Atlantic. Oh, and I am actually pagan.

Apologies for the earworm, Aretejo.

If it makes you feel any better, I heard the ultimate earworm story today, about a vacation from hell that included being in the It's a Small World ride at Disneyworld when it broke down. The part that moves the people through broke down that is. The whole time they sat there . . . the song . . . kept playing . . . :shock:

Now, thoughtful, can you use your wonderful skills to put Heather's blond locks on Steve's head while he gives the two friends speech?

I don't have those skills -- I'm strictly a words and music girl -- no visuals.

But Steve doesn't ever actually reach people for Christ.

He's all about selling his message to other Christians.

He doesn't really spend time trying to convert non-Christians, or if just the non-religious but come from a Christian background.

Nope, he tries to people who are already converted.

OT, but I would pay money to see all these crazy fundie patriarchs meet someday. Wonder what Stevehova would think about and say to the PP and vice versa. Same goes with the Botkins, the Pearls, Doug the tool and so on.

The Andersons actually did attend a Maxwell conference. Zsuzsanna was going to write about it, but the post never eventuated. The Maxwells were also associated with the Pearls at one point, but they have had a falling out, to the point of Michael Pearl calling out "isolationist patriarchs who won't allow their children to become independent". The Maxwells also used to have a lot of ATI connections and were popular with ATI families, but I doubt they would appeal to most of the VF crowd - the Daddy worship would, but not the gloomy focus on death - most VF type families seem to very much enjoy their earthly existence.

It's here: dads.titus2.com/2014/10/whats-with-the-numbers/

The upshot is that the whole world is pagan, but if each Christian converts eight people and then in the next generation those eight convert eight more and so on, then in ten generations everyone will be a Maxwellish Christian. It seems like Steve is starting to get interested in developing a Botkin-style hundred year plan for his family, or at least in expanding his cult somehow.

The Maxwells as dynasty builders is a disturbing thought. They might want to keep around a few pagans to support the new elite of super godly christians.

:nenner:

But Steve doesn't ever actually reach people for Christ.

He's all about selling his message to other Christians.

He doesn't really spend time trying to convert non-Christians, or if just the non-religious but come from a Christian background.

Nope, he tries to people who are already converted.

Well now hold on, anjulibai. What about that time he learned how to make balloon animals and went to the fair to interact with, and try to convert, little kids? Just because it was the creepiest, Stephen King novelish, kind of reaching out, doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Well now hold on, anjulibai. What about that time he learned how to make balloon animals and went to the fair to interact with, and try to convert, little kids? Just because it was the creepiest, Stephen King novelish, kind of reaching out, doesn't mean it doesn't count.

And don't forget accosting servers, cashiers, mechanics, gas station attendants, you know, people who are pretty much required to smile and nod politely. Their hearts are ALWAYS open. :roll:

Archived