IGNORED

A Saturday With the Moodys (Maxwells)

Talitha Cumi

How did u last? :sleeping: I wouldn't be able to. And again how is Steve suppose to take over when his oldest daughter is almost in her mid 30s. And it takes these people forever to get married and date because daddy doesn't approve. A long with no education or social skills. Steve and fundies make up less than 00000000000000000.1 of the population

did you take ken alexander's analytical statistics class? ;)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did u last? :sleeping: I wouldn't be able to. And again how is Steve suppose to take over when his oldest daughter is almost in her mid 30s. And it takes these people forever to get married and date because daddy doesn't approve. A long with no education or social skills. Steve and fundies make up less than 00000000000000000.1 of the population

I lay back and thought of FJ. 8-)

For example, there are many people out there who hate us! One woman emailed me and actually said that Jesse should be in college, drinking beer and chasing women. (Holy shit, FJ shoutout!) I respect her beliefs, but they hate us! She was so hateful, but I responded calmly, and we ended up having a civil discussion. (Speak up! Who was this?) Again, it's good when people reject us. Matt. 5:11.

That was me.

Did you actually say "drinking beer and chasing women" or did Steve add that as negative spin? He's been known to edit communications from ebil FJers.

I mean, in college you can choose whether or not to drink beer (especially when when you are underage), interact with members of the opposite sex and even date them, but chasing multiple people is not required or advised. Also, in college some degree of study is assumed.

College is not only boozing and looking for sex -- except in Steve's world!

Did you actually say "drinking beer and chasing women" or did Steve add that as negative spin? He's been known to edit communications from ebil FJers.

I mean, in college you can choose whether or not to drink beer (especially when when you are underage), interact with members of the opposite sex and even date them, but chasing multiple people is not required or advised. Also, in college some degree of study is assumed.

Yes I did, I live in the Netherlands and our laws regarding alcohol are significantly less strict than the American. The same for sex. University means, particularly the first year, beer, girls and parties' or wine, boys and parties...it is all in the game, a tradition as it were.

And I wonder how much boozing and screwing Steve did while in college and the Air Force.

They did a conference in an Episcopal Church????

It's few & far between, but some Episcopalian churches are VERY conservative. My church had chapel veils, confession, and only permitted me & other girls to serve at the altar because they were literally out of boys. I can kneel & genuflect like no one's business (no pun intended). First time I had communion served to my by a WOMAN (in a different diocese) I called my mom & reported I had not yet gone to hell. I seriously had no idea we were considered liberal at all until I was an adult.

Surprising, but possible, especially if the secretary or altar guild or whoever, had not researched them enough.

Did a lot of people attend? What was your sense of the overall mood in there? Were they selling much? Were all of the children perfectly well behaved? What was the fashion trend; e.g., frumper?

Amazing that you got through that. And thanks for reporting. :)

Satan is constantly looking to wear us down. Keep your children at home and you'll keep that from happening.

Uh yeah Steve-O, me thinks if Satan wants your kids hearts sooooooooooo bad, there isn't much you are going to be able to do to stop them....

I've wondered about whether they serve or sell refreshments at their conferences or are you expected to bring a lunch or is there a lunch break? Seems stupid, but I don't think I could make it through a whole day of Maxhell without some sugar and coffee!

Thanks for taking one for the team. Can't wait to hear about Teri's segment!

So, was John sexy in person? Did he have any sparkle in his eyes or did he have the Maxwell deadpan look?

Fix it.

They did a conference in an Episcopal Church????

That stood out to me too.

I can't for the life of me imagine the Episcopal church I belong to hosting the Maxwells, but if they did they'd get an earful of complaints from me.

I attend that church because it is the opposite of all things Maxwell.

Was this the church MJB was going to contact regarding the Maxwells?

I arrived late, and Lord knows the Maxwells start ON TIME. So I missed half of the first session. Sorry, gang! The church was farther away than I realized.

The first session was entitled Today Children-- Tomorrow Leaders. When I came in, Steve was talking about how attending a church church isn't great (didn't have a chance to write down why), but having just a home church isn't great either because you're all alone. Instead, start a nursing home church so you can bless others as well! (Yes, Steve, we get it, what you do is the best thing for everyone to do, and if they don't, they're wrong.)

He said repeatedly "I'm not judging anyone, I'm just saying they'll have regrets." (Which is pretty damn judgy if you ask me.)

not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

At a nursing home church, your kids can also speak. Do they have trouble speaking? Are they afraid? Have them start small, by calling Home Depot. It's nonthreatening and easy to do. (This is actually good advice for getting used to public speaking. I give credit where it's due.)

So do they witness to the people at Home Depot ("If you died in the parking lot after the store closed, where would you spend eternity?" which would merit a call to the authorities) or prank call ("Do you have morning wood?")?

Would you say something about the audience? And was this in the Episcopal Church on Sullivan's Island?

No, it was Faith Harvest Church in Kissimmee. Not in the least Episcopalian, unless the Episcopalian church has developed really bad taste in interior decoration. ;)

The audience was primarily families, with kids and pregnant women. I saw one person with hair shorter than mine; one woman I sat by had hair to her knees. I felt worried I stood out, but then I realized Anna's hair is pretty short, so I was okay. One woman wore pants, but everyone else had at least mid-calf length skirts. Men were in polos or button-downs and khakis, although a few showed up in jeans and t-shirts.

The kids were definitely well-behaved. They had coloring books and other toys, though, so at least there weren't two-year-olds sitting still for six hours. And each session was 45 minutes, so there was a 15-minute break for kids to run around. Still, though, not a lot of yelling. That always freaks me out. I like kids to be kids.

Most of the families were white. There was one black family, and several Hispanic families. One white family had a black child who sat straight up with hands folded. She didn't even sit against the back of the chair! I was creeped out.

I've wondered about whether they serve or sell refreshments at their conferences or are you expected to bring a lunch or is there a lunch break? Seems stupid, but I don't think I could make it through a whole day of Maxhell without some sugar and coffee!

Thanks for taking one for the team. Can't wait to hear about Teri's segment!

There was a lunch break at noon. You could request a Chik-Fil-A lunch in advance when you registered, and pay for it at the conference. I did not do this. ;) Everyone else brought their own lunches. I had to charge up my car (it's electric) so I took off to go to the nearby dealership where they had a fast charger. I'm so glad, because I did NOT want to have sweet fellowship with anyone. I'm an introvert, and putting out even more energy than I already was would have wrecked me.

The dealership had a cafeteria, and I got a grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese and avocado. It was delicious!

So, was John sexy in person? Did he have any sparkle in his eyes or did he have the Maxwell deadpan look?

Dude, one of my notes said "John is defrauding me just by existing!" SO HOT.

All the Maxwells were on. Lots of smiles, lots of sparkle. They all seemed really happy, and I'm not making that up. I definitely got a sense of contentment from all of them.

So do they witness to the people at Home Depot ("If you died in the parking lot after the store closed, where would you spend eternity?" which would merit a call to the authorities) or prank call ("Do you have morning wood?")?

LOL! He didn't give specifics.

I did NOT want to have sweet fellowship with anyone

Not even JOHN?!? :wink-kitty:

Welllll... om nom nom. :drool:

Archived