IGNORED

OMG,srsly: I've lied re: Maxwells & RV park flood

MamaJunebug

Somehow, I distinctly remember read that the Maxwells blogged about how they had quietly left the flooding RV park. I misremembered entirely. Here is the link –

blog.titus2.com/2011/05/11/uriah-pulls-out-from-the-murky-waters/

The actual report from whoever blogged it, says that they followed out a semi trailer who was not blowing his horn to alert other campers of the impending doom, so then Steve blew the bus's airhorn and that a few campers came to their doors to see what was up.

I am embarrassed, and very sorry that I told the untrue story at least twice in the past few weeks.

I'm hereby taking a break from all things Maxwell, because apparently my negative feelings toward them have overcome my usual habit of checking facts before I speak or post. A lot.

Steve, since you're probably reading this, I apologize to you and your family.

That's all, folks.

Wow, that's really nice to apologise for something like that even though you don't like Steve or his beliefs.

I bet most fundies wouldn't do the same.

we all make mistakes :) at least you owned up to it. i sincerely doubt stevie would do the same.

To be fair, I think I remember them writing once about leaving an RV park early and doing it quietly so as not to wake the others at the park.

You probably just got the two posts mixed up. It happens.

MamaJunebug, you are a good person.

Of course, Steve would tell you that, regardless of that, you should still think about where you are going to go when you die. I'm not sure where Lutherans fit in, in Steve's (no doubt highly organized) heirarchy of who is actually Christian.

Thanks for posting this. I raised an eyebrow when I read your post in the other thread because Steve is a lot of jerk but that didn't sound like him.

As well all know, in a similar situation, Steve would have gone back and deleted the offending posts rather than own up to his mistake.

I know how you feel. I posted a rant about one of their Taco Bell posts only to realize I had it all wrong. (Sorry again, Steve :? )

Having said that, the prayer closet is not so bad. It can be kind of fun if you're in there with the right people.

Well done MJB, very nice apology.

I think the reason it was easy to think of them being selfish like that is how they used to ask for prayers for every little thing, but then they'd write about being slowed down by a major accident, but not one word about praying for the victims.

MJB, IMNSHO, I don't think you lied, I think you made an honest mistake. About a blog that's frequently altered/edited/scrubbed.

Bottom line - you're a class act. :romance-heartsmiley:

ITA with Marian. You rock, Mama JB.

That said, does it strike anyone else as bizarre that it's hard to keep stories about an effing BUS straight?! :wtf:

:auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine: :auto-mysterymachine:

[We need a Uriah smiley, stat.]

No breaks for you, Miss JuneBug. We need you. You did not lie= you just mixed up the story. Sad part is most of us just figured you were right. Because Maxwells ( well, sad for the Maxwells).

Retraction noted, MJB; no further repenting required from me. Besides...it's not like the truth changes my fundamental opinion of Steve, you know?

Good of you to clear that up. Although, tbh, from what I've read of the Maxhells blog, sneaking out of a flooding rv park didn't sound too far out of the realm of possibility. It really does sound like something Steve would do and then twist into some parable about Jesus and being prepared and do you know where you'll go when you die?, or whatever.

Somehow, I distinctly remember read that the Maxwells blogged about how they had quietly left the flooding RV park. I misremembered entirely. Here is the link –

blog.titus2.com/2011/05/11/uriah-pulls-out-from-the-murky-waters/

The actual report from whoever blogged it, says that they followed out a semi trailer who was not blowing his horn to alert other campers of the impending doom, so then Steve blew the bus's airhorn and that a few campers came to their doors to see what was up.

I am embarrassed, and very sorry that I told the untrue story at least twice in the past few weeks.

I'm hereby taking a break from all things Maxwell, because apparently my negative feelings toward them have overcome my usual habit of checking facts before I speak or post. A lot.

Steve, since you're probably reading this, I apologize to you and your family.

That's all, folks.

You're a good woman MJB.

I know calling 911 was a great help to the RVs in the park but the boys couldn't have knock on the doors around them. I guess the Lord didn't see fit to a make a great escape for the other RVs.

Meh, you didn't lie. Lying is a deliberate act to mislead. You were guilty of cynicism and extrapolation. Who could blame you?

If you were Steve you wouldn't apologise. You'd edit your words (or someone else's) to make it sound like it said something different. Now that's a deliberate act to mislead.

Oh! You are, all, most exceedingly kind. Thank you.

But be advised – – I'm not taking a general break, just a good time away from this family.

How can I stay away from folks like all you all? I'll be around. Thank you again.

Meh, you didn't lie. Lying is a deliberate act to mislead. You were guilty of cynicism and extrapolation. Who could blame you?

If you were Steve you wouldn't apologise. You'd edit your words (or someone else's) to make it sound like it said something different. Now that's a deliberate act to mislead.

This. And furthermore, how many of us have had our own feelings about something lead us to a wrong conclusion / assumption? All of us including yours truly. Including Steve. It's human.

Dif is that Steve wouldn't apologize as pointed out above and we know for a fact he edits posts and that's deliberate, not a mistake.

Though I fully understand you wanting to take a break from this particular family. Sometimes I think I should refrain from posting on Maxwell threads because it does trigger negative feelings about my "shades of Maxhell" family of origin.

MamaJunebug, you are a good person.

Of course, Steve would tell you that, regardless of that, you should still think about where you are going to go when you die. I'm not sure where Lutherans fit in, in Steve's (no doubt highly organized) heirarchy of who is actually Christian.

Remember when they visited Idaho (Wyoming?) a few years ago and mentioned driving past a "church" (quotes are theirs), which we later found out was a Catholic church? I'm sure they feel the same way about Lutherans and would use quotes to describe their church as well.

Archived