IGNORED

Birthday Bingo with the Maxwells

uber frau

And re: how strong he is part of the post- didn't Anna also go back down and help Ma & Pa Maxwell carry their backpacks up? Do you think they'll mention how strong she is on her birthday?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even though I usually drink my coffee black, I'm thinking on adding sugar to it next time. It's kinda disturbing to be similar to a Maxwell in *any* way.

Heh. I drink my coffee black and am quite fond of to-do-lists, even! (Though I suspect the items ON my to-do list would not be approved in Maxwellia.)

Let me know when he likes his beer bitter. :dance:

I'm caffein sensitive... It sucks. My dad drinks it black, though. It's balanced though by an extremely high alcohol tolerance. I joke that I take my alcohol like my men-- kickin and screaming on the way down.

If you look really closely, he's not actually closed-legged; he is doing a sort of wide stance, one leg behind the other, on two rocks. :lol:

lol i can just see Steve bending over Sarah's shoulder as she was scanning pics, "oh, that one is better (than a wide stance one), make the rocks darker... ok great. i love it."

[bBvideo 560,340:1v7k1gxc]
[/bBvideo]

I love that John looks so "over it" in the picture of him with the ice cream cone.

I don't know why they bother doing the "little known facts" each year. As a previous poster pointed out, they used 2 of the same ones from last year. These people have no real hobbies or interests, so I don't know why they are highlighting that sad fact year after year. 1. You love Jesus. 2) You are a blessing 3) some food preference that isn't very interesting 4) helpful 5) Because Jesus again.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wonder what would happen if one of the maxwells started wondering if the Bible was real or if Jesus was real. See here's the thing, they have to be kept under-educated in order to have Steve's religion be so easily believed. If they thought independently, Steve's hold on them would be done. There's gotta be at least one black sheep though...

I like my coffee milky and sweet, Hazelnut Latte if possible. Does this make me especially feminine? If black and no sweeteners is masculine, it makes sense that white and sweet is feminine.

Not really important but I always though Jesse was a very average looking lad, especially when compared to Joe and John who I think are quite good looking. In these latest photos he has matured a lot and looks to be maturing into a nice looking young man. He may end up being the best looking of all the boys.

Thanks, MamaJuneBug; and I return the salute! My brother is retired from the Army, so I have soft spot for soldiers as well.

I'm a cream and sugar kind of gal when it comes to coffee. My husband was a redhead when he was younger so I like to say "I like my coffee like I like my man....sweet and pale." Isn't it interesting that what the Maxwells make so dull and lifeless - coffee - we at FJ can make fun and exciting? I suddenly want to know how everyone here takes their coffee.

Perhaps I am as dull and lifeless as the Maxwells. :?

Shoot, my very first cup of coffee was black with no sugar and I've been drinking it that way for over 45 years. Not once did I ever think this made me special and quite frankly, if that was one of the first five things that came to mind when someone was compiling a list of my defining characteristics, I'd take it as a sign that I'd failed miserably at life.

usmcmom, since y'asked: I've just started taking my coffee with "half & half & half" -- I'm replacing half the amount of half'n'half I usually use with whole milk. I actually enjoy the taste over the way I used to -- it's not as sweet and so I don't want to reach for something salty to even-out the taste.

I also thought of why Jesse et.al. stand spread-eagled. Again, back to teen magazines: the boy stars there are always in slightly suggestive poses. - if not suggestive if sensuality, then suggestive of the potential for manly-man action - sports, heroics, etc. Thus the "my junk can't be restrained" poses.

A couple years ago, we were out of half-n-half and also out of powdered creamer. You all know that horrible sinking feeling when your cup is full of coffee and you can't prepare it as usual, right? On this day, I grabbed what I had - heavy whipping cream - and poured a bit in my coffee. OH MY GEYAWD, you guys! It is like drinking velvet. That started a very fattening habit that I'm just now trying to stop. My PSA for all of you - DO NOT TRY THIS unless you want to gain a few pounds and also turn into a raving lunatic when you're out of REAL CREAM!

I kind of wish the Maxwell kids could try it, though; they deserve a little pleasure in their lives.

Black and super hot. But i like flavored coffee too, esp. amaretto. Best thing when sick is hot peach jello :D

eta: Sorry to post so many dumb things in this thread :lol: But black manly coffee just makes me think of Pecos Bill! :D

post-10046-14451999437516_thumb.jpg

(the version read by Robin Williams) 8-)

[bBvideo 560,340:1jhbrj0r]http://youtu.be/dU4ttRSW_lk?list=RDdU4ttRSW_lk[/bBvideo]

From the comments:

"Johnna says:

September 18, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Happy Birthday Jesse. If I ever climbed a 14’er I’d have to have a Jesse to carry my pack I’m sure. Blessings to you.

Johnna"

JohnHugh, is that you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milk and sugar, but it is still just a medication needed to get going in the morning. I'm going to out my secret shame, during the summer I will drink PEPSI in the morning. That cold, caffeine laden, bubbly goodness is sheer morning glory. :cracking-up: I think that qualifies me as a full fledged, transgressive freak in the Maxwell universe.

I can't drink any coffee, sadly. My stomach doesn't like it at all. I usually drink tea.

That Johnna comment? HYSTERICAL. Steve is clearly not very good at detecting innuendo. :lol:

And yeah, it's gotta be JohnHugh.

One cup in the morning, organic half & half and sugar.

If it isn't like hot, liquid coffee ice cream, why bother?? :lol:

I don't like coffee at all. Could never develop a taste for it. I would meet a friend at a coffee shop and I always ordered hot chocolate.

I like my coffee on the darker side. Just enough sugar and cream to take the edge off. My hubby likes it creamy and very sweet. I had no idea we were taking a stand against gender norms. 8-) We're full time activists... :lol:

I love coffee. And by coffee, I really mean milk made with enough chocolate sauce to make it really dark brown, with about 1/4 cup of coffee mixed in, all poured over ice. OMG...

I don't like coffee at all. Could never develop a taste for it. I would meet a friend at a coffee shop and I always ordered hot chocolate.

That's me as well. I do love the smell of coffee--walking down the coffee aisle while someone is grinding coffee beans is heavenly!-- but I've tried drinking it a few times and just can't stand it. I wish I did like it, but I do the same as you, order hot chocolate while my friends are drinking the 'hard stuff.' :lol:

Yep, he's still wide-stancing it even on the rocks. Probably partially so he doesn't fall off the edge of the cliff, but also, because he's male and he has to keep his feet as far apart as possible when he's stationary so as not to crush the family jewels.

I love smelling roasted and ground coffee. I also love to buy bags of coffee for friends when we travel, and I keep sniffing the sealed hole, it's so enjoyable. Also, when I think my breath is bad and I want something that isn't gum and lasts longer than listerine, I chew one coffee bean, it takes care of the matter. I'm a huge herbal tea junkie however. My recent purchase is an ayurvedic tea blend. It contains celery, so I was afraid that it will taste like soup, but it doesn't. It tastes heavenly.

Coffee makes my heart race and go to the bathroom (for small business) all the time. So I just buy it, sniffle it and give it away.

I brew a pot of tea every night for bedtime, and one for the morning, I start off drinking at least half a litre of sugar free stuff. Liquids really get the circulation going. Or pure water, cold, non-sparkling. But I prefer tea over anything : ) And, almond or hazelnut milk which can be made at home cheaply and with a moderate amount of efforts :lol:

From the comments:

"Johnna says:

September 18, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Happy Birthday Jesse. If I ever climbed a 14’er I’d have to have a Jesse to carry my pack I’m sure. Blessings to you.

Johnna"

JohnHugh, is that you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bloody good one, but not me.

I left:

T says: September 18, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Wow he is fit!!

Happy Birthday!

T

T was an ambiguous name that Stevie edited, as a guy is not allowed to fancy a Maxwell guy ( I do Stevie -Stud John :wink-penguin: -) though loose the tummy Stud John, few too many portions of sweet pizza (recipe Cook-Anna??) and animal crack.

Also seems that licking Stud john's cone didn't get through either. :penguin-no:

Archived