IGNORED

Victim blaming from Thai prime minister

moodygirl86

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 37016.html

What an insult to the families of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge. And that's the other thing, I'm sure Mr Miller wasn't wearing a bikini, so what bullshit excuse are you making for his demise, Chan-ocha? Because of course, if you're not wearing a bikini, that takes away a murderer's dastardly urges, does it not (sarcasm). RIP, you guys. Hope your killer(s) are brought to justice very soon.

Grrrrr.... okay. * deep breaths, deep breaths * The top of my skull just blew off!

So, we have quite a library of travel books (LonelyPlanet mostly) and the first book I bought was about Fiji.

That was the first book where I read that if a "wuman" goes to the beach alone or "not well-guarded" (what the... what am I, the Queen of England?), "even if she ("it", I guess) wears "decent" (define decent) clothes, the locals book it as a mating call. I think I couldn't see straight for a few hours. And that wasn't the last book that stated that women on the beach practically offer themselves for sex.

I grew up under the thump of a patriarchal a-hat, but that statement about women being on the beach offering themselves made me :evil:

So, it is like this and I've read it in books about countries all over the world.

We are STILL only educating people not to walk alone on the damned beach (have these people ever heard of yoga or meditation?) instead of someone finally changing the mindset of the people, starting with the youngest generation. I honestly don't have hopes for matured misogynists. So like, withing 50 years, in two thousand and freaking theventy, beach rapists would friggin vanish! Or is that too much to ask?!

We are STILL only educating people not to walk alone on the damned beach (have these people ever heard of yoga or meditation?) instead of someone finally changing the mindset of the people, starting with the youngest generation. I honestly don't have hopes for matured misogynists. So like, withing 50 years, in two thousand and freaking theventy, beach rapists would friggin vanish! Or is that too much to ask?!

No, but teaching people not to commit rape in the first place would clearly be waaay too easy and sensible.

Archived