IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

I'm still hoping he will be a better husband than Steve. Even if they keep their fundy-ness and bible times, I hope she can have hobbies and friends. I hope he's more of a Nathan like husband than a Steve or a Christopher.

Nah... the climber, the placeman, the thirst for social dominance, it's all rubbing off on him. I'd rather marry a crocodile. :hand:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do you think it was about Elissa that he admired. Did he see her serving her father dinner, reading her Bible each day, asking her parents permission to take a walk, cleaning the bathroom? It would never be that they both like the same restaurants, or that she's fun to joke with, or they both enjoy tennis, etc.

Nah... the climber, the placeman, the thirst for social dominance, it's all rubbing off on him. I'd rather marry a crocodile. :hand:

Yes. It's just a look in Joseph's eyes or something, I don't know. But he just seems like he would be cruel and uncaring, a replica of Steve. I think he's probably the MOST like Steve. Even Christopher has a tender side. I don't think Joseph cares about anyone but himself and Jesus. I was just really hoping he would end up proving me wrong.

Honestly, even with that huge fundementalist stick up his ass, all indications are that Christopher is a loving and attentive father and a caring husband. Granted, he has a wife who was already deep into this lifestyle before she got married. Still, when he was single Christopher was as cold and unfeeling as Stevus. I'm hoping Joseph evolves like Christopher did.

Yes. It's just a look in Joseph's eyes or something, I don't know. But he just seems like he would be cruel and uncaring, a replica of Steve. I think he's probably the MOST like Steve. Even Christopher has a tender side. I don't think Joseph cares about anyone but himself and Jesus. I was just really hoping he would end up proving me wrong.

This, especially the bolded part! I didn't know how to word it or, how I felt about him at all but there really is something in his eyes and mimics. :ew:

Well, it's a fundie wedding but i have to say:

-Maxwells were very well dressed. Teri was elegant. The little girls dresses were classy. Maxwell men suits fit them. They did it 1000 times better than Duggars or others.

-The bridal dress was beautiful. It's not a cheap one.

-The cake was a NORMAL, well decorated bridal cake.

Maxwells consider that marriage is the most important moment at life, so they have organized a nice wedding, not a cheap one. Maybe they have spent more money tha usual, only to show Muncks "look at that, loosers". :nenner:

Hehe, there is quite a bit of bickering going on between the two families. Still. A bit childish, but hey, it's nice to see that they aren't all perfect and forgiving, even towards their fellow fundies.

Well, it's a fundie wedding but i have to say:

-Maxwells were very well dressed. Teri was elegant. The little girls dresses were classy. Maxwell men suits fit them. They did it 1000 times better than Duggars or others.

-The bridal dress was beautiful. It's not a cheap one.

-The cake was a NORMAL, well decorated bridal cake.

Maxwells consider that marriage is the most important moment at life, so they have organized a nice wedding, not a cheap one. Maybe they have spent more money tha usual, only to show Muncks "look at that, losers". :nenner:

Given the differences between the last two weddings and this one, I'd bet my next paycheck that the Frosts picked up the tab for this one. (That's what brides' families practically always did, back in the day, and these folks are nothing if not "traditional.")

So I went to Christopher's photography blog to check out Joe & Elissa's wedding pics & I agree about the wedding being far classier. Although the picture of Jumping Joe & the Gmen reminded me of Twilight for some reason :lol:

ruh roh...I just admitted to watching Twilight. :?

So I went to Christopher's photography blog to check out Joe & Elissa's wedding pics & I agree about the wedding being far classier. Although the picture of Jumping Joe & the Gmen reminded me of Twilight for some reason :lol:

No photo of them kissing. Do they kiss at weddings? I enjoyed reading Christopher's qualifications for weddings he will accept.

Someone needs to start a band with that name.

You guys her parents were probably perfectly fine with what she was marrying into. I doubt they kept it quiet in case it failed, I'm sure they kept it quiet to avoid any harassment from FJ. Whatever you think you're doing, having online strangers research and know everything about you, emailing your family and you regarding other families, is creepy and probably sort of scary. FFS, didn't somebody go to their house at one point?

Showing up to their public conference is one thing, but some people here invade privacy to the point that I'd probably do the same thing. Regardless of what you think, it's none of your business and I don't blame them at all for keeping it under wraps.

I know you think you're doing good by contacting people and sharing info, but you're not sharing anything they can't also find. They have similar belief systems and think alike, and are fine with the Maxwell family,

Disagreement with publicly posted and/or available information is not harassment. No one has ever gone to anyone's house, that I'm aware of. Doing research, even in-depth research, based on information that is available to the public is not stalking, harassment, bullying or any of the other words that fundies like to pull out.

In some circles they actually (used) to call it journalism :shock:

FJ is a public site, so we have no control over what people who aren't members do with the information we compile here, but we do have limits on what we allow to be published here and while we might save someone some legwork, someone that is really dedicated isn't going to be stopped from truly finding the info they want, whether we publish it or not.

There are many mediums which publish the same types of information we do (though not necessarily on the same people) that are also public and you don't hear their subjects screaming about the same issues for the most part.

If you don't want your life put under a microscope, don't put your life up for public consumption on the WORLD WIDE WEB and use it as your "brand" and the selling point for your business (or ministry). If you do that, you should expect people to question you and have different opinions than you do.

Disagreement with publicly posted and/or available information is not harassment. No one has ever gone to anyone's house, that I'm aware of. Doing research, even in-depth research, based on information that is available to the public is not stalking, harassment, bullying or any of the other words that fundies like to pull out.

FJ is a public site, so we have no control over what people who aren't members do with the information we compile here, but we do have limits on what we allow to be published here and while we might save someone some legwork, someone that is really dedicated isn't going to be stopped from truly finding the info they want, whether we publish it or not.

There are many mediums which publish the same types of information we do (though not necessarily on the same people) that are also public and you don't hear their subjects screaming about the same issues for the most part.

If you don't want your life put under a microscope, don't put your life up for public consumption on the WORLD WIDE WEB and use it as your "brand" and the selling point for your business (or ministry). If you do that, you should expect people to question you and have different opinions than you do.

Very well put! I would only add this - if you control and micromanage every. single. aspect. of your family members' lives, and use your kids as product placement, expect to be challenged!

I took a few weeks off of lurking here due to the adoption of my baby...

Congrats on your new addition :)

You guys her parents were probably perfectly fine with what she was marrying into. I doubt they kept it quiet in case it failed, I'm sure they kept it quiet to avoid any harassment from FJ. Whatever you think you're doing, having online strangers research and know everything about you, emailing your family and you regarding other families, is creepy and probably sort of scary. FFS, didn't somebody go to their house at one point?

Showing up to their public conference is one thing, but some people here invade privacy to the point that I'd probably do the same thing. Regardless of what you think, it's none of your business and I don't blame them at all for keeping it under wraps.

I know you think you're doing good by contacting people and sharing info, but you're not sharing anything they can't also find. They have similar belief systems and think alike, and are fine with the Maxwell family,

Is that you, Steve?

:dance:

Someone did post they were sitting outside Maxhell a year or so ago. I cannot for the life of me remember who or what thread it was in. A LOT of people got upset and chastised the poster for going too far.

I must wonder why evilbad posts here if she is so disturbed by what members do, though I do agree all the speculation during wedding threads about the bride or groom figuring out the "real" crazy behind the bloggers' religions really confuses me. The less public half of these couples is usually just as deep in or heading deeper than the more public member. I don't think for a second Elissa is in for any kind of rude awakening. Same with anyone marrying a Duggar or a Bates. For the most part, no one is going "fundie light"- and I am not sure are why that would be any better. These people are marrying people just like them, with similar core values and beliefs. Just like the rest of us. There is an exception here or there, but that is it.

Someone did post they were sitting outside Maxhell a year or so ago. I cannot for the life of me remember who or what thread it was in. A LOT of people got upset and chastised the poster for going too far.

I must wonder why evilbad posts here if she is so disturbed by what members do, though I do agree all the speculation during wedding threads about the bride or groom figuring out the "real" crazy behind the bloggers' religions really confuses me. The less public half of these couples is usually just as deep in or heading deeper than the more public member. I don't think for a second Elissa is in for any kind of rude awakening. Same with anyone marrying a Duggar or a Bates. For the most part, no one is going "fundie light"- and I am not sure are why that would be any better. These people are marrying people just like them, with similar core values and beliefs. Just like the rest of us. There is an exception here or there, but that is it.

I don't read all the threads here, so I'll take your word for it. I still am not going to get too upset over someone posting they are sitting outside the house of someone that puts their entire life out on the WORLD WIDE WEB. If they posted they were standing at the window taking pictures or putting a sack of dogshit on the front porch, then it's a problem.

Driving by a person's house is not illegal or stalking or even harassment. Ask Kate Gosselin or any other marginally famous person. Heck, take a look behind the news cameras after they have given out the address of a crime scene sometime.

We have no idea if they were actually sitting outside the house or not. It could be someone that lives in that area and took a short detour over to look at what their house really looks like. As long as they aren't actively bothering the residents they are not really doing anything wrong and I doubt people would even notice. I live on a cul-de-sac and people that have no business on my street drive on it and use it as a turn around regularly. I don't think it's people coming to get me, even with my little "friend" out there giving out my personal info to anyone that will listen.

It's not something I'd do or suggest doing, but it's part of the price of "celebrity" in this day and age. I would not be surprised if we found out that when fundies were in the area *they* drove by to see what Maxhell looked like.

Christopher's criteria for weddings he will accept are not as stringent as I thought. For example....

Dear Chris,

I'd really like you to photograph an upcoming wedding and am pleased to confirm it meets your three criteria.

No alcohol - no problem here Chris; a friendly dealer will be supplying all guests with better options so no booze necessary.

Modest dress for bride and bridesmaids - this is easy in this case since there are no brides or bridesmaids! One of the grooms is wearing a slightly risqué dress and the other may strip down a bit if his rubber and leather outfit gets too hot, but since you say only brides and bridesmaids are expected to be modest we are fine here.

No dancing - the reception is being held at a local bath house and the focus will be on activities other than dancing. Hopefully you can get some great pictures.

Thanks.

Alternative Wedding Organisers, Sin Road, Liberaltown, Nr. Hell

Christopher's criteria for weddings he will accept are not as stringent as I thought. For example....

Dear Chris,

I'd really like you to photograph an upcoming wedding and am pleased to confirm it meets your three criteria.

No alcohol - no problem here Chris; a friendly dealer will be supplying all guests with better options so no booze necessary.

Modest dress for bride and bridesmaids - this is easy in this case since there are no brides or bridesmaids! One of the grooms is wearing a slightly risqué dress and the other may strip down a bit if his rubber and leather outfit gets too hot, but since you say only brides and bridesmaids are expected to be modest we are fine here.

No dancing - the reception is being held at a local bath house and the focus will be on activities other than dancing. Hopefully you can get some great pictures.

Thanks.

Alternative Wedding Organisers, Sin Road, Liberaltown, Nr. Hell

My big issue with Chris and his wedding criteria is it's not even his wedding and he is trying to call the shots. Who the hell does he think he is?

My big issue with Chris and his wedding criteria is it's not even his wedding and he is trying to call the shots. Who the hell does he think he is?

It really is just plain dumb. If he gets a request that he can't, with his over-active daddy dearest conscience, allow himself to photo then he should just claim scheduling conflicts or something PC. And it wouldn't be a lie, he could schedule cabinet polishing, sock drawer organizing, feeding the hog, doing the laundry, washing the car... in that time slot. :roll:

I imagine he thinks of himself as an exceptional and highly sought-after photographer. He says on his website:

If your wedding doesn't meet the criteria, don't worry - there are lots of highly-skilled photographers available.

Yes, there are lots of highly-skilled photographers available, you're just not one of them. Most are also professional enough to not impose arbitrary restrictions on their customers.

His father, v2.0.

Archived