IGNORED

Maxwell Dog and Pony Show - Fall 2014

twin2

I'm not so sure about Teri since IIRC the scheduling was brought in after her depression began to help her cope; Sarah on the other hand - she must be so miserable. :(

Or maybe not. I think the entire family has a touch of Stockholm Syndrome. Also, something I always wonder about with these older unmarried daughters--if I were a fundy female who knew early on that I was asexual, or just not attracted to men, wouldn't I do everything I could to encourage the Lord to lay it on my father's heart that I should remain under his protection and not marry? And wouldn't a merciful god go along with that?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else sorely tempted to write a comment about long, thick snakes (shudder)?

Or am I the only one who's that cruel?

I'm tempted but with it coming up to the weekend, comments don't get approved for days due to their busy 'schedule' and then the relentless unpacking blog, we miss Joe blog, the sweet c. family gave us a meal blog, John fellowshipping with another man (bastard) blog, Jessie wide stance blog....

Having the reversal knowing full well his wife was struggling always ticked me off. How he could justify having more children when his wife couldn't cope with the three they had?

He really can't.

Ironically, this is his most recent Seriously Dad post:

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it†(Ephesians 5:25). A man recently wrote asking for help for his wife. Seriously, I was so touched by his love for his wife that I almost wept. He understood his place before the Lord to love and protect his wife by helping her or seeking help. What a guy!

Contrast this man to the guy who told his wife he was tired of her and wasn’t sure he was going to stay married to her.

How serious are we about our wife’s joy, peace, and success? How committed are we to seeing her successful in all she sets her hand to? How deeply will we love her?

Having the reversal knowing full well his wife was struggling always ticked me off. How he could justify having more children when his wife couldn't cope with the three they had?

He really can't.

Ironically, this is his most recent Seriously Dad post:

“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it†(Ephesians 5:25). A man recently wrote asking for help for his wife. Seriously, I was so touched by his love for his wife that I almost wept. He understood his place before the Lord to love and protect his wife by helping her or seeking help. What a guy!

Contrast this man to the guy who told his wife he was tired of her and wasn’t sure he was going to stay married to her.

How serious are we about our wife’s joy, peace, and success? How committed are we to seeing her successful in all she sets her hand to? How deeply will we love her?

Anacondas, anyone?

[bBvideo 560,340:2nxdd705]

[/bBvideo]

NSFW, and NSFLife if you're a Maxwell. Nicki would provide quite the impetus for John to take a sweet journey to Uriah's bathroom, I suspect.

Oh no!!'n my comment about watching out for big snakes and my friends six inch snake that he wanted mms to hold has been moderated and dissappeared. I had such high hopes for this comment..sigh. I'm officially over wedding pics by the way anyone else want to see the newest maxwellian on her new turf? God but I love following these guys. !!!

"Hearts were very open to the message. All of us greatly were blessed by our conversations with others. We were the ones (and hopefully the attendees as well) who came out pumped and excited!

Mary"

Jesus Christ Mary. No wonder Sarah is considered the writer of the family, Mary can barely string a sentence together.

"Hearts were very open to the message. All of us greatly were blessed by our conversations with others. We were the ones (and hopefully the attendees as well) who came out pumped and excited!

Mary"

Jesus Christ Mary. No wonder Sarah is considered the writer of the family, Mary can barely string a sentence together.

I was just coming on to post the same thing. I read her whole post - never mind grammatically incorrect, I couldn't even make sense of it!

Mary"

Notice that Jesus Girl signs off as just Mary and not Jesus Girl after it was snarked about on here. Hi stevie :wink-penguin:

I wouldn't mind seeing Stud John pumped and excited!!1!!! :wink-penguin:

Is the commenter Johnna an FJer?

Otherwise, she is praying for Sarah's iphone? WTF? Who the hell prays for an inanimate object? And why?

That blog entry is nearly incomprehensible. It also provided lots of cues for my "everything's a reference" brain.

The title is "Orlando's Conference" -- makes it sound more like a person than a city.

GQNtgzPl.jpg

Our friend Mrs. T hosted it, and she did an outstanding job!

XKXIQvrl.jpg

Good one, Thoughtful. :mrgreen: My mind immediately went to Virginia Woolf when I saw "Orlando's conference" and Mr T was great!

What surprises me is the lengths Steve goes to hide and edit out the names of his leg humpers - The "N" Family, "Mrs. T" and so on - and then plasters pictures of conference attendees all over the public blog?

If it is so important to keep their names private because the world is full of people who supposedly hate them, why do that? Especially all the photos of minors.

I sometimes ask for photos in my volunteer role, and I'm careful to get written permission from everyone, but especially from parents before I take a picture of a child -- let alone post that picture publicly. I don't remember any sort of photo release in the registration for the Maxwell conference nor was one posted at the entrance.

Thoughts?

Good one, Thoughtful. :mrgreen: My mind immediately went to Virginia Woolf when I saw "Orlando's conference" and Mr T was great!

What surprises me is the lengths Steve goes to hide and edit out the names of his leg humpers - The "N" Family, "Mrs. T" and so on - and then plasters pictures of conference attendees all over the public blog?

If it is so important to keep their names private because the world is full of people who supposedly hate them, why do that? Especially all the photos of minors.

I sometimes ask for photos in my volunteer role, and I'm careful to get written permission from everyone, but especially from parents before I take a picture of a child -- let alone post that picture publicly. I don't remember any sort of photo release in the registration for the Maxwell conference nor was one posted at the entrance.

Thoughts?

Oh, yeah -- that always strikes me as unprofessional and arrogant (no big surprise, from the Maxwells).

I wondered what Zsu really thought of the fact that they put her daughter's picture on the blog, I assume without asking -- was the "just noticed" a passive-aggressive dig?

Zsuzsanna says:

March 12, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Thank you for the great conference. We were all edified and challenged by it.

Also, I just noticed the sweet picture of Mary with my daughter Miriam. Thank you for taking the time to chat with her. She is a naturally sweet girl, but has been even more since spending time around you young ladies. She has been going out of her way to be a blessing to me and the rest of the family. Thank you for being a godly role model to her, and setting such a wonderful example for her to follow.

May God bless you as you continue to serve him!

blog.titus2.com/2013/03/12/all-the-way/

Oh, yeah -- that always strikes me as unprofessional and arrogant (no big surprise, from the Maxwells).

I wondered what Zsu really thought of the fact that they put her daughter's picture on the blog, I assume without asking -- was the "just noticed" a passive-aggressive dig?

blog.titus2.com/2013/03/12/all-the-way/

Definitely a passive aggressive did from Zsu. :)

Sorry, I just can't resist!

Dear Mr. Maxwell,

It has come to my attention that a photograph taken at the Inspire! Conference in New Hampshire last year has been posted on your Titus2 blog. This photograph includes the back my head. The photograph was taken and subsequently published on a public blog by you or members of your family without my permission.

As you have warned, there are people all around us who hate us. Some of them have even emailed you! I am deeply concerned that I will be identified through this photograph of the back of my head and a bevy of evil feminists will arrive on the doorstep at any moment.

We greatly fear their persecution so we are selling our house. We intend to move to Alaska with our dogs as soon as possible.

Please remove the picture from your blog and pray for God's protection of our family in this time of torment.

In Christ,

Palimpsest

Definitely a passive aggressive did from Zsu. :)

Sorry, I just can't resist!

Dear Mr. Maxwell,

It has come to my attention that a photograph taken at the Inspire! Conference in New Hampshire last year has been posted on your Titus2 blog. This photograph includes the back my head. The photograph was taken and subsequently published on a public blog by you or members of your family without my permission.

As you have warned, there are people all around us who hate us. Some of them have even emailed you! I am deeply concerned that I will be identified through this photograph of the back of my head and a bevy of evil feminists will arrive on the doorstep at any moment.

We greatly fear their persecution so we are selling our house. We intend to move to Alaska with our dogs as soon as possible.

Please remove the picture from your blog and pray for God's protection of our family in this time of torment.

In Christ,

Palimpsest

Dooo iiittt...doooo iiittt... :lol:

What? Move to Alaska? No way. The dogs don't even like winter in New England. :lol:

Eh, Steve reads here so no need to email him. Hi, Steve!

It's only a matter of time before someone really does get upset by your habit of taking photos and posting them without asking permission. It's tacky and unprofessional and could get you into trouble some day.

I'm a reasonably nice person who doesn't actually hate you. I certainly hate what you preach and the way you control your family. I have pity for you. I pity your family a whole lot more.

So, here's a hint from the goodness of my atheist heart. It's easy enough to get blanket permission by posting a notice or telling people when they register that anyone attending your conferences may be photographed for the blog. You could even be more courteous and ask people to sign individual releases before taking and posting pictures -- especially of children.

Dear Mr. Maxwell,

In Christ,

Palimpsest

:lol: :clap:

blog.titus2.com/2013/06/21/new-hampshires-conference/

aksXWFc.jpg

I have been to a few of the Gospel Assembly Churches. Some may have different names. They do have a lot of biblical knowledge and are good about seeking more truth. Some of their assemblies are good, but some are run like a cult. They put too much focus on the pastor and not enough on the love of Christ. They preach judgement more than Gods love. The rules are beyond biblical as that is how the Pharisees worshipped. The children are literally slaves there. Not only is there no TV, but no Micky Mouse or anything for little children as it don't glorify Christ. No celebration of holidays. Sports like little league baseball are totally forbidden. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are totally forbidden. No toys allowed, not even for little children. No friends other than the few that go to their church. No contact with family members other than go to that church. No swimming as it shows off too much flesh. None of the parents ever take their child fishing or something. It is total bondage. Most these kids rebel at 18 years old and get into heavy drugs and become drunks becuase they were decieved and never knew God's love. Even worse, the only God they know is one that judges them and took away their life, so many don't every come back to God. You ministers that support this are doing the work of the devil by destroying these kids lives. They need to be taught Gods love and they are never taught that at Gospel Assembly.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/wichita ... U73G4I5B0G

The maxwell are going to this church...

They're going to be in Wichita! Now, I just need to convince my husband to go with me. I don't know if I could get through it without someone to snark with via real-time text message.

On the same note as the Matilda Jane clothes...

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/DSC_2341.jpg

... this outfit reallllllly clashes, and not in an intentional or artistic way.

On the same note as the Matilda Jane clothes...

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/DSC_2341.jpg

... this outfit reallllllly clashes, and not in an intentional or artistic way.

I'm just glad to see some color.

coral is a flattering color on her. I don't care for the clash of patterns though.

Archived