IGNORED

Maxwell Dog and Pony Show - Fall 2014

twin2

I got an Alexander Hamilton that says it was Steve-O who she asked for permission on how two adult women and one teenager should be allowed to do their hair.....

Totally. We know he rules his family with an iron fist and wouldn't so much as dare to let his precious unmarried daughters choose how to dress or do their own hair. If they wanted to change it to some style he didn't like, he'd probably throw a hissy fit and start spouting out random Bible verses that make no sense in that situation to try to support his irrational preferences.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a post a year or so ago when they were on one of their road shows and the girls all had their hair in soft curls. Sarah said it was Mary's idea and that she "asked for permission" to try something different with their hair.

I got an Alexander Hamilton that says it was Steve-O who she asked for permission on how two adult women and one teenager should be allowed to do their hair.....

In that case, Steve, forbid them from doing the side ponytails. It's not doing anyone any favors.

Totally. We know he rules his family with an iron fist and wouldn't so much as dare to let his precious unmarried daughters choose how to dress or do their own hair. If they wanted to change it to some style he didn't like, he'd probably throw a hissy fit and start spouting out random Bible verses that make no sense in that situation to try to support his irrational preferences.

Completely agree with you both.

I'm not so sure - I think Steve read one too many posts here about how frigging defrauding most of us find John and so Steve is now keeping the goods away from our prying eyes.

Mustn't stir up any unrighteous desires...

I'm not in the camp that fawns over John, but it doesn't matter. By now, the Maxwells have posted so many over 18 pics of him, there's plenty to stare at. All the Maxwell pics look the same. It's not like new ones are really needed at this point. Sorry, Steve, but I guarantee you that some women here have masturbated to photos of him, and will continue to do so, new pictures or old.

That could be, but i still think life as a perpetual teenager is on her side. It's not like she's a hard livin' 33.

Doesn't matter, her eggs are 33. Even if they sprung a "Surprise! Sarah is married" post on us tomorrow, she'd be lucky to get a quiver of 6. And fundie men her age have plenty of SAHDs in their early to mid 20s to choose from, there's no reason to choose Sarah, with her ageing eggs and insane father, unless a man fell in love with her. But as she's not allowed to speak to single men and has to sit with the "children" at every social function, that's never going to happen.

I could also see Sarah freaking out if she ever did marry and her husband wanted her to deviate from the standard Maxhell schedule.

Edited to add: I'm not being mean about her age, and I know 33 isn't old in the secular world. But I'm 33, have always got pregnant very easily (more easily than I would like), and know that I want to have one more child with Partner, and even I am starting to think about having to set a date for starting to try cause I don't want to leave it til I'm after 35 if I can avoid it. Sarah (if she has any sex ed at all) must be even more aware of her declining fertility.

I'm not in the camp that fawns over John, but it doesn't matter. By now, the Maxwells have posted so many over 18 pics of him, there's plenty to stare at. All the Maxwell pics look the same. It's not like new ones are really needed at this point. Sorry, Steve, but I guarantee you that some women here have masturbated to photos of him, and will continue to do so, new pictures or old.

Probably more than one guy as well. :twisted: Something to think about, Steve?

Doesn't matter, her eggs are 33. Even if they sprung a "Surprise! Sarah is married" post on us tomorrow, she'd be lucky to get a quiver of 6. And fundie men her age have plenty of SAHDs in their early to mid 20s to choose from, there's no reason to choose Sarah, with her ageing eggs and insane father, unless a man fell in love with her. But as she's not allowed to speak to single men and has to sit with the "children" at every social function, that's never going to happen.

I could also see Sarah freaking out if she ever did marry and her husband wanted her to deviate from the standard Maxhell schedule.

Edited to add: I'm not being mean about her age, and I know 33 isn't old in the secular world. But I'm 33, have always got pregnant very easily (more easily than I would like), and know that I want to have one more child with Partner, and even I am starting to think about having to set a date for starting to try cause I don't want to leave it til I'm after 35 if I can avoid it. Sarah (if she has any sex ed at all) must be even more aware of her declining fertility.

It sickens me to think that she might not know much about her own anatomy or even know how babies are made. Steve is a sick man.

It sickens me to think that she might not know much about her own anatomy or even know how babies are made. Steve is a sick man.

I have no doubt that she DOES know. Remember all the family's talk about the "reversal" kids. Steve is far more open with them regarding his own reproductive issues than I think appropriate for a father with his (at that time) young children.

I have no doubt that she DOES know. Remember all the family's talk about the "reversal" kids. Steve is far more open with them regarding his own reproductive issues than I think appropriate for a father with his (at that time) young children.

^This, 1000x times. I hate to sound like such a pearl clutcher, but I have never experienced anything that comes close to the fundie fixation on sex in mainstream Christian communities. All this talk about submission, dominance, rape(Pearls), reversals of vasectomies, spankings....do these people actually listen to themselves? Do the realize how inappropriate it is to discuss what a reversal is with their under aged children (and yes, the older Maxwell kids were taught about reversals while they were underaged). There wifely submission talks are at the core about sex. This male headship stuff is about sexual dominance. The PP gets obvious pleasure from belting his kids. These people really are deviants.

I agree. Her time is getting limited to be a mom. At the same time, the Maxwell's lifestyle is so pristine that it must be a little bit of a preservative at least. :lol: I wish she could break free, even if she doesn't know what she's missing. I guess i shouldn't even care if this is what she wants, esp. since she'd be bringing more kids into Maxhell if she did get married... it just hits a nerve since I shudder to think that could have easily been my life if i hadn't left fundie-land in my mid-20's.

Probably more than one guy as well. :twisted: Something to think about, Steve?

Is Stevehovah committing the sin of envy? Does he secretly want us to think that he is handsome and studly? :brain-bleach:

I would be really surprised if the Steve and Teri actually explained to the kids what a "reversal" means medically. More likely, they said something along the lines of "we decided to limit our family size, then God reversed our convictions, so we had a reversal". If a kid asked further questions, they would probably be vague. No way would these people, who exercise in skirts and consider contrasting buttons defrauding, tell their children about sperm/semen.... :lol:

I think my corollary to Poe's Law applies here. To wit: fundies' life decisions are so illogical that almost any theory about why they do what they do is as likely as any other.

Are the Maxwells bizarre and sex-obsessed enough to have explained what a reversal really means?

Are the Maxwells repressed and squeamish enough to be vague and put a religious spin on it?

Yes, to both.

I wonder if we will ever know.

There are ways to explain it to a child while still being vague... "We had an operation so we couldn't have more children. Were now going to have a reversal of that operation."

That may have been Sarah's understanding at the time.

So are we to judge by the latest pictures from Pennsylvania that the Maxwells are cornering the Amish market? I can't tell from the back if those are regulation Amish bonnets, but there's a whole lot of bonnet-wearing ladies in that crowd.

They look Mennonite - they have patterned dresses on, and are meeting in a church of some sort.

Definitely a different crowd than we usually see though, yeah. I wonder what they made of the Maxwells. Was it the sort of thing they were expecting?

Those women are definitely Mennonites. In addition to what gvc pointed out about them in a modern church building and patterned dresses, the Amish avoid anything to do with evangelicals. There has been systematic targeting of Amish communities by evangelical missionaries for a while now. Basically they are told they worship and do Christianity wrong, and are pressured to worship the way evangelicals think they should.

I see that Stevehovah is also sending us a big FU. Apparently we've been driving the idle speculation bus about John courting because John was driving Uriah to Pennsylvania.

Unless they stopped off somewhere along the way... :think:

I wonder who that man is in the last photo next to the photo of Steve and under the photo of Sarah? (he is in jeans, hands in pockets, looks early-30's) I hope they are trying to send us a message....

I wonder who that man is in the last photo next to the photo of Steve and under the photo of Sarah? (he is in jeans, hands in pockets, looks early-30's) I hope they are trying to send us a message....

Hmm, too bad his hand is in his pocket so can't see if there's already a wedding ring or not. Sarah does look happier in the pic of her. But the guy looks happy to be hugging Steve, Sarah needs someone to get her far, far away from her crazy dad.

New post up. They are now in SC. Anna and Mary have now taken over wiping bugs and bird shit off the windshield since Jesse had to take over pumping gas into Uriah now that Joseph has flown the coop with his new bride.

But if they don't take a picture of them putting gas in Uriah how will we know how Uriah is fueled?

I guess the girls have to wipe the bugs off the windshield so they don't fall out of practice and forget how to wipe off the ceiling fans.

Archived