IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell is MARRIED!!!

anjulibai

Here are the Maxwells singing "I'll Fly Away."

[bBvideo 560,340:g5a76q3a]

[/bBvideo]

eeeyep - every bit as bad as I remembered it. Feeling as though I needed to repent of some sin somewhere, I clicked on a "Maxwell Family" video thinking I'd heard Anna. Instead it was a Maxwell family of African descent who sang a cappella, "Any way you bless me, Lord, I'll be satisfied."

As I have just been reading up on Arthur Rubinstein and his philosophy on life, the song dovetailed incredibly well.

Rubinstein: "If you love life, life will love you back... I love life without condition."

The joyful Maxwells: "Anyway you bless me, Lord, I'll be satisfied."

No strict adherence to skirts or schedules. Just love and joy. Imagine--getting *that* from reading about the Steve Maxwells!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give the Maxwell girls the benefit of the doubt on how they appear in photos vs. how they look in real life because I'm one of those people who photographs horribly. (You know when the clerk at the DMV takes your license photo, then suggests that if you come back first thing in the morning, she'll have time to take a lot photos until you get a good one (same with the passport person), that you're not exactly Miss Photogenic). People have actually walked right past me because I look so different from my photos. But I don't think the camera is responsible for the way Sarah's been looking lately. She looks drained and sad, with thinning hair and a pasty complexion, truly as though she's been let down and disappointed by life, but feels trapped because any dissatisfaction is HER FAULT. Her face looks thin and drawn, which only accentuates up her prominent teeth, yet her body actually looks thicker to me. She just looks OLD and scared.

I'm sure Steve thinks his followers are too dumb to notice that he's been feverishly revising Maxwell history. The Ministry of Truth is working major overtime.

And Christopher, lay off the damned desaturation already, okay? For artsy-fartsy Instagram pix it's fine in small doses; people, not so much. It just makes your already bad photography look that much worse.

Prediction: John will be married within a year.

Why do I think this? The Sept. 16 blog entry mentions how much Joseph was missed -- and while he was missed in many ways, he was most tangibly missed as another helping hand. The fewer kids are each having to do more now that Joseph has left, more carting in, setting up, more sessions. Sarah looks exhausted. So does Melanie; there's not much additional help to be expected from "extended family" when they're flat-out with young children. When "immediate family" is gone, they're gone.

How long do you think John will put up with even more work under slavedriver Steve while his brother enjoys a new home where he can set his own schedule and enjoy sweet fellowship with his new bride whenever he wants (and you know it's whenever he wants now that he's a headship.) Not long, I say.

With fewer young slaves on hand, Steve's dog and pony show is showing some strain.

Prediction: John will be married within a year.

Why do I think this? The Sept. 16 blog entry mentions how much Joseph was missed -- and while he was missed in many ways, he was most tangibly missed as another helping hand. The fewer kids are each having to do more now that Joseph has left, more carting in, setting up, more sessions. Sarah looks exhausted. So does Melanie; there's not much additional help to be expected from "extended family" when they're flat-out with young children. When "immediate family" is gone, they're gone.

How long do you think John will put up with even more work under slavedriver Steve while his brother enjoys a new home where he can set his own schedule and enjoy sweet fellowship with his new bride whenever he wants (and you know it's whenever he wants now that he's a headship.) Not long, I say.

With fewer young slaves on hand, Steve's dog and pony show is showing some strain.

Good point. As soon as a house opens up within .75 miles of Mission Control, he's probably a goner. And not only will there be more work to do, something tells me John is one of the few sources of anything approaching genuine light-heartedness in that house, and the loss of him will be felt even more by the remaining kids than the loss of the other brothers. (And I swear I'm not just saying that because he's hot!)

Oh boy- they finally put up a wedding pic on the blog and they photoshopped out part of Christoper's website on the pic so it only says "christopher." They must have figured out that we already saw the whole set on the website and didn't want their slow reveal strategy ruined. I did notice that the pics are still up on Christoper's site.

Oh boy- they finally put up a wedding pic on the blog and they photoshopped out part of Christoper's website on the pic so it only says "christopher." They must have figured out that we already saw the whole set on the website and didn't want their slow reveal strategy ruined. I did notice that the pics are still up on Christoper's site.

OMG. So passive-aggressive, really. Nice one, Stevie. And nothing but a Bible verse. There will be no other details until he is just darned tootin' ready.

OMG. So passive-aggressive, really. Nice one, Stevie. And nothing but a Bible verse. There will be no other details until he is just darned tootin' ready.

Parceling out the information to the breathless acolytes in eentsy, weentsy, miserly little portions - just like the two Pringles apiece, the mini-servings of popcorn, the two animal crackers...that's our Steve!!

Parceling out the information to the breathless acolytes in eentsy, weentsy, miserly little portions - just like the two Pringles apiece, the mini-servings of popcorn, the two animal crackers...that's our Steve!!

Seems odd to me though that Steve would take out Christopher's full website info. Clearly Chris isn't getting a lot of business and you'd think this could be an evangeladvertizing opportunity. Of course now that Christopher is only "extended family" maybe Steve isn't as invested in helping Chris's business as he is in his own freakish control of information.

Here are the Maxwells singing "I'll Fly Away."

[bBvideo 560,340:28e78g28]

[/bBvideo]

Oh, dear God in Heaven, how could you have made such horrible singers? How could you have had them sing a song I will never be able to listen to again in the same way? AAARRRGGGHHH! They even ruin hillbilly gospel music!

Good point. As soon as a house opens up within .75 miles of Mission Control, he's probably a goner. And not only will there be more work to do, something tells me John is one of the few sources of anything approaching genuine light-heartedness in that house, and the loss of him will be felt even more by the remaining kids than the loss of the other brothers. (And I swear I'm not just saying that because he's hot!)

John is nowhere to be seen in any of the pics from their most recent conference, which strikes me as really odd (especially since they keep saying they miss Joseph, but don't mention him when he's not there either). But I think you're right - I bet he will be out of the compound soon.

Oh for fuck's sake, why even leave the watermark in at that point? It's not like "© Christopher" by itself actually means anything.

No, I don't think you have it right about the groomsmen.

From the looks of it, Steve was the officiant, with Elissa's father playing some role as well (reading from the Bible, praying over the couple, etc).

Christopher was not a groomsman as he was busy playing photographer all day.

There were four groomsmen in the "jumping with Joseph" picture - John (who I believe was the best man), Jesse, Nathan, and the unknown (who must be Elissa's brother).

Oh, you are right! I stand corrected. There must not have been enough brothers to match the sisters. And since no one is allowed to have a friend...

With Steve officiating I am sure there was plenty of opportunity to speak at length about death.

A comment and the answer.

That is a beautiful picture! Were are they at? I am excited to see the rest of the pictures!

Blessings,

Emily

—

That picture was taken in our town at a sort of park.

Shouldn't that be "what some would call a park?" :wink-kitty:

Man, every time I am on Christopher's site I get stuck on Viktor and Jubilena's wedding. it's just so *weird*! All the women in period dresses, all the men in contemporary clothes. EDIT just looked those guys up. Jubilena comes from a family where the other daughters are named Jerusala, Jessara and Janna. The five boys have bog standard biblical names like John and Timothy. Wow.

NR Anna is not in a frumper by the looks of it! Must be her wedding best.

I'm late to the Christopher photo party, but dayumn, Teri is looking HAWT. Ow, ow! :lol:

Seriously, now that's how you do fundie chic.

Elissa has a really good eye for color. She'd make a great event planner or interior decorator. I wouldn't have thought to put royal blue, lime, and purple together, but the combination looks good. The wedding cake is one of the prettier cakes at a fundie wedding I've seen.

Also, it seems like she's not letting herself be run over completely by the Maxwells. Her sister as maid of honor and a separate, female photographer? :naughty:

I can't believe I'm defending them buttttt... Of all the things the maxwells do, I highly DOUBT they "edited out" the maxwell part. They most likely saved it twice with different watermarks which takes all of 3seconds in Lightroom and most likely because all their blog readers know who Chris is. That or Sarah edited and posted the photo instead and just didn't think it mattered.

Otherwise they really are crazy.

Oh, dear God in Heaven, how could you have made such horrible singers? How could you have had them sing a song I will never be able to listen to again in the same way? AAARRRGGGHHH! They even ruin hillbilly gospel music!

I can't carry a tune, but I'll let them have a pass on singing--its to make a "joyful noise" and you don't have to be trained to do that! HA!

I always wonder how very rhythmic blue grass gets a pass with Gothardites even though people sway, clap and want to dance to it (Yes, there are people who enjoy bluegrass.....) and yet its ok........

At this rate they'll still be putting up bits of the courtship and wedding when the baby announcement is made.....should be any day now. I'm sure young Joseph has waited long enough-.....

Man, every time I am on Christopher's site I get stuck on Viktor and Jubilena's wedding. it's just so *weird*! All the women in period dresses, all the men in contemporary clothes. EDIT just looked those guys up. Jubilena comes from a family where the other daughters are named Jerusala, Jessara and Janna. The five boys have bog standard biblical names like John and Timothy. Wow.

NR Anna is not in a frumper by the looks of it! Must be her wedding best.

Iz6fKHi.jpg This little girl sums up my feelings about Christopher's photography pretty well.

Archived