IGNORED

Christopher and NR Anna preggo with #3/ New Maxwell MERGED

ncb

I'm astounded (maybe shocked and awed) to see Maxblogger describe the reaction to the rattle as "shock and awe." Why? Hyper-fertility is a given with Terifying and Stevovah, and obviously with NR Anna and Chris (once they got started, heh-heh, heh-heh) and even Melanie doesn't seem to have a problem falling pregnant, just staying that way - said with less than zero snark, poor gal.

Doubting there's anything revelatory or changed, behind the descriptive words, unless it's candor. When even Terifying & Stevo are like, "Whoa, slow down, there, rabbit-people!", well, that could mean the announcement was shocking, I guess.

And I'm sure they'd describe the "awe" as "standing in awe at G-d's wondrous gift of life" etc. Maybe it isn't that astounding after all.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I think the only reason they took so long to conceive Joshua was because it probably took them about a year to start having sex. (I can't say I blame them).

Very likely, but then it took a year to conceive Ruthanne. A fluke maybe? I was hoping she'd take a year between pregnancies.

I'm wondering how fast it will take Christopher and Anna Marie to pass by Nathan and Melanie in numbers of kids. They are going to have 3 kids under 3 - will then end up having 4 kids under 4 before Nathan and Melanie have a fifth, if they have a fifth? How would Nathan and Melanie feel about that?

The "breastfeeding delays fertility" thing is a crock.

<--- Had a baby March 15, expecting another around March 24. This while breastfeeding almost nonstop.

The breastfeeding as birth control thing is a crock.

<--- Had a baby March 15, expecting another around March 24. This while breastfeeding almost nonstop.

Well, like I said, it works for some and not for all and so, right, you can't rely on it. But in general I would say most women don't conceive while BFing exclusively and especially if their period hasn't returned. There are many exceptions, of course.

The "breastfeeding delays fertility" thing is a crock.

Same here. My second was born 14 months after my first, who was exclusively BFing around the clock when his brother was conceived. Then the third kid was conceived while I was TANDEM nursing the first two!

So ... while BFing may generally work to delay pregnancy, it is absolutely not guaranteed.

Same here. My second was born 14 months after my first, who was exclusively BFing around the clock when his brother was conceived. Then the third kid was conceived while I was TANDEM nursing the first two!

So ... while BFing may generally work to delay pregnancy, it is absolutely not guaranteed.

Yep, my neighbor's kids are 11 months apart. She didn't even know she was pregnant with the 2nd until she was about 4 months along because she was BFing and had no symptoms. Surprise!

Some women are just super fertile. My grandmother's first three were all conceived while breastfeeding, so she had Irish triplets.

There is absolutely nothing reassuring about morning sickness.

There is when you've had a history of no morning sickness, followed by a first trimester miscarriage.

I was just reviewing the Maxwells "About" section to try and identify who each person was again. Does anyone else find it weird that Susannah isn't even mentioned in Nathan and Melanie's bio section? It's like she never even existed.....sad. Which is so strange after the circus that was Jubilee Duggar's funeral--and she wasn't born alive.

I was just reviewing the Maxwells "About" section to try and identify who each person was again. Does anyone else find it weird that Susannah isn't even mentioned in Nathan and Melanie's bio section? It's like she never even existed.....sad. Which is so strange after the circus that was Jubilee Duggar's funeral--and she wasn't born alive.

I haven't looked at the About page in a while but Susannah has definitely not been forgotten. She's mentioned in the post announcing #3 and they always have a commemorative post around her birthday (or the day she died, not sure which). They remember her quite frequently on the blog.

That's really sad to me. I'm shocked that they wouldn't even mention her.

I don't think Anna will surpass Melanie anytime soon. Melanie has been having her children about two years apart for awhile now and was two kids ahead when they started assuming they don't count Susannah. I wouldn't be surprised if Drew isn't the youngest of Nathan and Melanie's children. And Anna might still have her children about two years apart. Of course I think Anna is a good deal younger then Melanie so eventually she'll probably surpass her but I don't think it will be within the next few years or anything.

To be fair, I think the only reason they took so long to conceive Joshua was because it probably took them about a year to start having sex. (I can't say I blame them).

I was thinking along the same lines; they finally figured out what goes where.....well, Christopher did. Since Anna had goats, she already knew.

What can you expect? They didn't even Grandad's passing and he helped with the ministry and was mentioned a lot on the blog. They also didn't mention Grandma Maxwell's dying either and they talked about going to visit her.

OK who's trying to be Elizabeth Munck here: Elizabeth says:

September 4, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Congratulations Christopher and Anna Marie. Praying for you.

I do believe that little ruthie is in a baby frumper. I have to say nr Anna comes across as a natural mother and she just glows with each baby and pregnancy. Someone here said she may not catch up with Melanie...but what about twins?! You never know!

What can you expect? They didn't even Grandad's passing and he helped with the ministry and was mentioned a lot on the blog. They also didn't mention Grandma Maxwell's dying either and they talked about going to visit her.

I think they do something for Susannah on the anniversary of her death. I believe they wrote a song about her last year. I don't know why she isn't mentioned in the bio section.

I was thinking along the same lines; they finally figured out what goes where.....well, Christopher did. Since Anna had goats, she already knew.

Doesn't Steve give his kids the sex talk?? Especially is your child is getting married.

Doesn't Steve give his kids the sex talk?? Especially is your child is getting married.

He probably does the morning of the wedding.

Even if Chris had the basic facts, can you imagine the baggage he'd have to get over just to be okay changing his smalls in the same house as someone who other than a blood relative?

Archived