IGNORED

Susanne Keller's Facebook

annalena

I just came across a post on the old boards about Susanne Keller's Facebook and the Kellers disowning their son.

I am dyyyying to see her Fb but can't seem to find it. Did she shut it down? If not so, does anyone have a link?

I just figured it out for myself by finding her in Anna's other sister's friend list. I came across her before but dismissed her because of the Master's Degree and short dress.

Wow, she seems to be living HER life and not the one her parents intended for her.

Good for her!!

I'm glad that you found it. Yeah, I'm glad that she found her way out. At least her parents having disowned her like they did her brother.

I hope that she has a period of having fun and getting to know herself-in other words being young.

Master's degree? Susannah Keller? She's not even old enough to have completed a Bachelor's degree yet, is she?

She has a degree/certificate rom Magister College in culinary arts, and works as a baker at The Cheesecake Factory. She did shut her wall down, which is a shame because it was mighty fun reading. Good for girlfriend for leaving the fundie world behind! Long may she reign!

I think she shut down her wall because someone with the name SuzeK posted on the old FJ. I think it was her. I think Daniel's FB wall is still up.

I think she shut down her wall because someone with the name SuzeK posted on the old FJ. I think it was her. I think Daniel's FB wall is still up.

SuzeK was upset that people posted mainly nice things about Susanne Keller. I have no idea if it was the real Susanne Keller or not. I understand that she feels that her sister's marriage to a Duggar should not drag her into the spotlight but it did.

I wish her all the best.

I kind of remember SuzeK posted something about being upset people making fun of her boyfriend.

I also wish the real Susanna the best. She seems to have her life on track and she seems to be very independent unlike than the older spoiled and sheltered Duggar girls (I'm looking at you Jill.)

I bet the Duggars are probably doing everything they can to hide the Keller family rift and the fact that Rebekah's husband has a Gothard recovery website and he also posted on DWOP about how TLC and Boob treated the Kellers before the wedding.

I bet the Duggars are probably doing everything they can to hide the Keller family rift and the fact that Rebekah's husband has a Gothard recovery website and he also posted on DWOP about how TLC and Boob treated the Kellers before the wedding.

Of the Keller children, 3 have already left the movement. According to Josh, Rebekah's husband, less than 1% of those who were raised ATI will remain in it. If Jim Bob and Michelle think that all their children will continue to follow what they grew up with, somebody needs to hit them with the reality wall. Children grow up, become mature, and form their own beliefs, whether it's something you may or may not approve of. Disowning your kids for not following "Gothard's movement" but still remaining a Christian is a sad and pathetic move on the parents' part.

I truly hope one of the Duggar children break away and learn the truth. I'm glad Susanna figured it out before marriage and is now living a better life, although it did possibly cost her by not having a strong relationship with her parents. However, she still has older siblings, like Rebekah, Daniel, and Esther, who still love her.

I wonder how Josh and Anna took this wonderful news of Susanna breaking away?

Of the Keller children, 3 have already left the movement. According to Josh, Rebekah's husband, less than 1% of those who were raised ATI will remain in it. If Jim Bob and Michelle think that all their children will continue to follow what they grew up with, somebody needs to hit them with the reality wall. Children grow up, become mature, and form their own beliefs, whether it's something you may or may not approve of. Disowning your kids for not following "Gothard's movement" but still remaining a Christian is a sad and pathetic move on the parents' part.

I truly hope one of the Duggar children break away and learn the truth. I'm glad Susanna figured it out before marriage and is now living a better life, although it did possibly cost her by not having a strong relationship with her parents. However, she still has older siblings, like Rebekah, Daniel, and Esther, who still love her.

Well some people on other sites (IMDB and the discovery/tlc boards) are thinking that Susanna wasn't disowned because in her picsa account, there are pictures of her at Thanksgiving with Josh and Anna. A lot could have changed since then. On Daniel's FB wall he made the comment "Fuck that I wasn't invited" about Anna not inviting him to Thanksgiving. I think Anna is probably ok with shunning her brother. Anna comes off as smug and I wouldn't be surprised if she also is shunning Susanna.

I don't think Susanna was shunned at Thanksgiving; she was at Josh and Anna's along with most of her family. Esther and her family weren't there - but perhaps had been invited because Daniel did say, "Fuck that I wasn't invited." on some pictures. Fast forward to this spring. Susanna was looking forward to seeing Anna and Sean(TLC) was flying her in for a shower (probably with other sisters and her mom). Not sure if Sean cancelled that plan or the Duggars did, but she did not go and was disappointed. When the baby was born, Susanna was pissed off that there was supposed to be a gag order on Michael's name and the media was told before Anna's family. Susanna posted the name on her facebook for the world to see before the Today Show. I don't think she is disowned, but she has certainly been developing her own ideas and no longer blindly following the words of Gothard like her big sister, Priscilla. I wish her well and hope other kids (adults) have supportive relatives and friends to help them out if they desire to leave the movement.

I don't think Susanna was shunned at Thanksgiving; she was at Josh and Anna's along with most of her family. Esther and her family weren't there - but perhaps had been invited because Daniel did say, "Fuck that I wasn't invited." on some pictures. Fast forward to this spring. Susanna was looking forward to seeing Anna and Sean(TLC) was flying her in for a shower (probably with other sisters and her mom). Not sure if Sean cancelled that plan or the Duggars did, but she did not go and was disappointed. When the baby was born, Susanna was pissed off that there was supposed to be a gag order on Michael's name and the media was told before Anna's family. Susanna posted the name on her facebook for the world to see before the Today Show. I don't think she is disowned, but she has certainly been developing her own ideas and no longer blindly following the words of Gothard like her big sister, Priscilla. I wish her well and hope other kids (adults) have supportive relatives and friends to help them out if they desire to leave the movement.

I wonder if the Kellers ever feel left out or some resentment because of the Duggars and media sometimes knowing things before they do. I also think the Kellers will always feel as if they are second fiddle in Anna's life because of the Duggars.

Esther is VF now. Does that count or are the two so similar in "theology" as to be indistinguishable?

I wonder if the Kellers even left out or some resentment because of the Duggars and media sometimes knowing things before they do. I also think the Kellers will always feel as if they are second fiddle in Anna's life because of the Duggars.

How could they not when Anna is on TV gushing about how Michelle is "the world's greatest mom"?

How could they not when Anna is on TV gushing about how Michelle is "the world's greatest mom"?

I agree they probably get tired of Anna praising Michelle.

Is it possible that they believe that a daughter's loyalty transfers to the husband's family? I'm probably explaining myself badly but didn't Mr Keller give authority of Anna to Josh? Maybe they think that she is supposed to be mainly a Duggar now. It would explain why they aren't as angry with their daughters as their son. They expected to loose their daughters but their son was supposed to stay loyal only to them. Is that possible or do you all think I am way off base?

Esther is VF now. Does that count or are the two so similar in "theology" as to be indistinguishable?

VF seems kinda of similar in theology. Plus, looking at her husband's account, they seem very conservative (girls wear dresses/skirts) and he had a post about how they refer to Santa as the "thief" for taking away the meaning of Christmas.

Is it possible that they believe that a daughter's loyalty transfers to the husband's family? I'm probably explaining myself badly but didn't Mr Keller give authority of Anna to Josh? Maybe they think that she is supposed to be mainly a Duggar now. It would explain why they aren't as angry with their daughters as their son. They expected to loose their daughters but their son was supposed to stay loyal only to them. Is that possible or do you all think I am way off base?

That is a possibility. I have seen some fundies say on blogs or other things about the family sometimes mainly being around the husband's family. I have seen some Christians actually believe that the wife's family becomes more important because of a few Bible verses that make it seem that daughters are supposed to remain loyal to their parents because of this verse " Therefore shall a man [NKJV] leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. "

From what we've heard, and I think someone on the old board explained what had happened with Daniel and Susanna.

The thing is called Patriarch Umbrella. The reason why the Kellers did not "disown" Rebekah is because the authority was transferred from her dad to her husband, therefore, anything he says regarding beliefs, standards, etc is okay. So, if Rebekah's husband decided that it was okay for them to drink alcohol, Rebekah's dad wouldn't disown them because she's under HIS authority. For Daniel, the problem they felt was that Candice, Daniel's wife, was taking away the authority from him when they decided to move to South Carolina. Maybe there's more to the story, I don't know, but I guess from there the rift occurred?

For Susanna, supposedly she was becoming too worldly and was sent to stay with Josh and Anna for a couple months and then to some other family's home. I think she was still living at home last year when those Thanksgiving pictures were taken so maybe the supposed rift occurred afterwards?

I asked Josh, Rebekah's husband, regarding disowning and he said it does occur but it is rare. If anything, they give their children an "ultimatum" and then keeps them at arm's length afterwards. Maybe that's what the Kellers are doing to Daniel and Susanna? It could be worst for Susanna considering she's just 19 and not married but I don't know.

All I know is that being part of a fundie's family is like being part of a club; you have to follow certain rules and requirements to be part of the family and if you break the rule, you're banished.

Just re-found my post. Of course it's not as much fun stalking Susanna's profile when her walls s blocked, but I absolutely understand her with the ongoing discussion (God knows my wall is blocked for non-friends and a good part of my " friends" and I have no discussion going on, or so I hope).

Since I know from personal experience how hard it is to break away from the "family line" with very controlling parents (even mine are nowhere near fundy), I have nothing but admiration for her.

The Master's degree at her age does seem weird, but if she graduated homeschool at, like, 16?, it might be possible...

Also, it doesn't say if she's done with the Master's Degree yet. When you do put your education without a graduation year, Facebook will automatically put it in past tense. So she could still be on it.

Archived