IGNORED

Can someone give me a Maxwell summary?

RecoveringFundie

I never understood why that was considered a "bad" song, especially since it's singing about something that's the opposite of idle.

Well they say life "is but a dream." No, life is about serving the Lord Jesus 24/7.

Also, merrily. Four times. Life is not merry. Do you know where you will go when you die?!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, Steve heard from Above that moar babies would cure Teri's chronic depression. So when Poor Sarah was about 8, Steve's snips were re-zipped and the arrivals of The Reversal Babies began.

Poor Sarah refers to them as "our reversal babies" which makes the less-sturdy of us go "Ew!, whut?!"

IIRC, Steve heard from Above that moar babies would cure Teri's chronic depression. So when Poor Sarah was about 8, Steve's snips were re-zipped and the arrivals of The Reversal Babies began.

Poor Sarah refers to them as "our reversal babies" which makes the less-sturdy of us go "Ew!, whut?!"

Regarding the part I bolded...for a family that is so isolated, so pure, so avoidant of anything worldly, it amazes me that they are open about this. Especially with their unmarried children. I would think they'd have just told they kids that the Lord was blessing them with another baby after seven years! (however long it was after Sarah's birth) I am surprised that Steve thinks it is okay to announce the sin of his vasectomy and the subsequent reversal. Shouldn't those things be private? Or do they think that this, changing to be open to all the children the Lord sends, is part of their ministry?

Yep, because someone who is suffering from depression and is having a hard time dealing with the three kids they have, needs to have five more instead of getting professional help for the depression. I think this is where the super scheduling came in. It was the only way she could get through the day.

Regarding the part I bolded...for a family that is so isolated, so pure, so avoidant of anything worldly, it amazes me that they are open about this. Especially with their unmarried children. I would think they'd have just told they kids that the Lord was blessing them with another baby after seven years! (however long it was after Sarah's birth) I am surprised that Steve thinks it is okay to announce the sin of his vasectomy and the subsequent reversal. Shouldn't those things be private? Or do they think that this, changing to be open to all the children the Lord sends, is part of their ministry?

I think they do believe it is part of their ministry and since it's in their talks they had to explain it to their children.

I've wondered about this too. I've come to the conclusion that they told them, at least the girls, that they reversed their decision to have kids and nothing more.

Are all these things still available on their blog?

I have heard the animal cracker thing several time, but I have not seen the original.

I also want to see the originals for the airport thing, the buttons thing, the row row row your boat thing, burritos, birthday being cancelled, etc.

Well they say life "is but a dream." No, life is about serving the Lord Jesus 24/7.

Also, merrily. Four times. Life is not merry. Do you know where you will go when you die?!

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
Off topic, but I recently went to a funeral where the (lovely) hospice minister that conducted the memorial service used 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat in his sermon. About how we should be happy in life, because it's transient just like a dream...in any case, I definitely thought that his sermon wasn't Maxwell approved.

Are all these things still available on their blog?

I have heard the animal cracker thing several time, but I have not seen the original.

I also want to see the originals for the airport thing, the buttons thing, the row row row your boat thing, burritos, birthday being cancelled, etc.

Buttons, airports, etc

forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352

Steve freaks out over candles

web.archive.org/web/19990921085137/http://www.titus2.com/Corners/frame1.htm

Teri says "Oh (Pepsi) bondage, up yours"

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/nothing-between.html

Steve and the sin that is f*n

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/protecting-against-deception/part-8.html

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/protecting-against-deception/part-9.html

Looking for the birthdays thing but some of the Corners are missing.

Steve Maxwell just visited by blog at 8:14 pm tonight. I know this becaus I was looking at my StatCounter and Leavenworth KS showed up. He uses a Samsung Android and viewed a post I wrote about him and the Duggars. He also has Time Warner Cable. Hi Steve! Shouldn't it be Family Bible time about now?

Steve Maxwell just visited by blog at 8:14 pm tonight. I know this becaus I was looking at my StatCounter and Leavenworth KS showed up. He uses a Samsung Android and viewed a post I wrote about him and the Duggars. He also has Time Warner Cable. Hi Steve! Shouldn't it be Family Bible time about now?

Seriously?! Your Sarah Palin blog? OMG. I can only imagine what his Google search terms were. :laughing-rolling:

Steve, you go on about how Godly you and your family are, but you keep viewing things that by your definition would be sinful garbage. Last time I checked, deception is a sin. :liar:

Seriously?! Your Sarah Palin blog? OMG. I can only imagine what his Google search terms were. :laughing-rolling:

Steve, you go on about how Godly you and your family are, but you keep viewing things that by your definition would be sinful garbage. Last time I checked, deception is a sin. :liar:

You betcha. There wasn't a referring link or search terms. I had posted a link to his website in my post and I'm sure my readers clicked on it and he got a lot of hits listing my blog as the referring site. I betcha he saved the blog link.

The Maxwells claim that if something important happened, they could always overhear people talking about it while in line in the supermarket.

They have been know to bother waitstaff by wanting to pray for them when they eat out. Thankfully this doesn't happen often.

Buttons, airports, etc

forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352

Steve freaks out over candles

web.archive.org/web/19990921085137/http://www.titus2.com/Corners/frame1.htm

Teri says "Oh (Pepsi) bondage, up yours"

titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/nothing-between.html

Steve and the sin that is f*n

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/protecting-against-deception/part-8.html

titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/protecting-against-deception/part-9.html

Looking for the birthdays thing but some of the Corners are missing.

Thank you so so so so much. I also must add I always wondered about your avatar and where it was from but I finally found kid farm and I want them to make a million more.

You betcha. There wasn't a referring link or search terms. I had posted a link to his website in my post and I'm sure my readers clicked on it and he got a lot of hits listing my blog as the referring site. I betcha he saved the blog link.

I'm just wondering who was by Steve's side when he visited your defrauding Sarah Palin Blog. Teri? A reversal kid? OMG!

We know that Steve can get defrauded by contrasting buttons and the tiniest glimpse of cleavage. Sarah Palin in yoga pants would blow his tiny mind! Does she wear yoga pants or is this a photoshop opportunity?

Just a suggestion. :twisted:

I'm just wondering who was by Steve's side when he visited your defrauding Sarah Palin Blog. Teri? A reversal kid? OMG!

We know that Steve can get defrauded by contrasting buttons and the tiniest glimpse of cleavage. Sarah Palin in yoga pants would blow his tiny mind! Does she wear yoga pants or is this a photoshop opportunity?

Just a suggestion. :twisted:

Are you sure it's Steve, and not a local who might be curious about Maxwell antics they had witnessed in the flesh?

Are you sure it's Steve, and not a local who might be curious about Maxwell antics they had witnessed in the flesh?

Could be another Leavenworthite, but my money is on Steve. Or maybe Nate or Chris. Do their wives oversee their internet usage? I'm sure Steve knows about me since I'm the one who reported his parents deaths here.

"We know that Steve can get defrauded by contrasting buttons and the tiniest glimpse of cleavage. "

Yes- that's another thing to add to the summary. Steve once caught a glimpse of a woman's boob when she leaned down. He cried about it. Then wrote a 'corner' aimed at the wife's husband about how it was the husbands fault for allowing his wife to wear a shirt that fell forward when the lady leaned down.

He. Cried. About. It!!!

"We know that Steve can get defrauded by contrasting buttons and the tiniest glimpse of cleavage. "

Yes- that's another thing to add to the summary. Steve once caught a glimpse of a woman's boob when she leaned down. He cried about it. Then wrote a 'corner' aimed at the wife's husband about how it was the husbands fault for allowing his wife to wear a shirt that fell forward when the lady leaned down.

He. Cried. About. It!!!

So the kids know nothing about Renaissance Art? :lol: Can you imagine what it would be like to get out of that cave? Their whole world would change.

The Maxwells claim that if something important happened, they could always overhear people talking about it while in line in the supermarket.

They have been know to bother waitstaff by wanting to pray for them when they eat out. Thankfully this doesn't happen often.

That's how two of my sisters and i heard about 9/11. We were at the fabric store and the employees were whispering about rumors of other planes still in the air. Then we heard more about it on the radio on the way to walmart, where i bought my first radio and we saw it on the TVs there. We didn't have a TV so my mom forced us to watch the little kids while she went to the neighbors. We just huddled scared in the house waiting for her to come back and let us know what was going on. Such a scary way to learn about things that are happening.

So the kids know nothing about Renaissance Art? :lol: Can you imagine what it would be like to get out of that cave? Their whole world would change.

I really, really hate to say it, but at this point...it might be better for the Maxwell kids to live out the rest of their lives in confinement. They are so brainwashed that being exposed to society at large might irreparably fuck them up [emotionally] to the point of wanting to commit suicide. People have taken the path to the next life for a lot less than what the poor Maxwell kids have lived through. Maybe it is a kindness that they not know what their father has done to them. :?

I really, really hate to say it, but at this point...it might be better for the Maxwell kids to live out the rest of their lives in confinement. They are so brainwashed that being exposed to society at large might irreparably fuck them up [emotionally] to the point of wanting to commit suicide. People have taken the path to the next life for a lot less than what the poor Maxwell kids have lived through. Maybe it is a kindness that they not know what their father has done to them. :?

It's one of those situations where they're fucked either way. As much as I'd love for the 'children' to escape, pretty much the only way that's possible is for them to be married. And that would mean making more innocents to bring up in this mess.

Steve is a sorry excuse for a human being.

It's one of those situations where they're fucked either way. As much as I'd love for the 'children' to escape, pretty much the only way that's possible is for them to be married. And that would mean making more innocents to bring up in this mess.

Steve is a sorry excuse for a human being.

+1. Not only would there be more children being brought into the mess, but any "child" and his / her spouse would be required to remain near home which really is just a variation of remaining under the parents' roof where Steveovah can remain in control, involved, and in the know. While it's the approved way of escaping it's not much of an escape. On the other hand, it's really difficult to envision any of the unmarried kids as being able to function in the broader society, they have been so sheltered and protected from what's going on in the world at large. Add to that their SOTDRT education and limited work experience and they really don't have much to fall back on as far as making a living. Even the guys with their work experience have not worked with a real boss and have had to deal with coworkers that might be different from them. It's all been within the family and within "approved" situations, such as Christoper's requirements for the weddings that he's willing to shoot. They would have no idea how to function.

And believe me, I know from personal experience what's like to have a parent do this kind of mindf**k to adult children and it's not a pretty thing to realize that about your parents, who you thought had your best interests at heart. And it wasn't to the extremes going on in Maxhell. I don't think that the kids could cope with that realization if they are able to realize it at all, and I don't think they can. The idea of Daddy messing up their lives.....just no.

So, yeah, I also think that these kids might be better off remaining confined to the compound and never realizing the number that Daddy has wrought on them.

Oh wow! That is fascinating! But maybe it was Nathan or Christopher? Or Teri? :o

Could I have the link to your blog, please?

Here's my horrible thought on the matter: maybe they would do OK in another sheltered fundie group that provides them with more freedom while keeping them in the strongly religious and regulated type of framework they're used to.

Archived