IGNORED

Can someone give me a Maxwell summary?

RecoveringFundie

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve thinks he's God. That's all you really need to know.

Eggzactly. He's not known around these parts as "Stevehovah" for nothin'.

In related news, he is a giant asshat.

wait, can someone explain about the contrasting buttons thing?

I am so confused

Contrasting buttons brings the eyes towards the boobs. Not the sweet countenance of the face. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Steve thinks he's God. That's all you really need to know.

Yes he does!! Also something I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone know why they starting doing a nursing home church rather then a home church like what the Duggar's do.

Yes he does!! Also something I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone know why they starting doing a nursing home church rather then a home church like what the Duggar's do.

Re: why church in a nursing home-

Most likely so they can say that they do socialize with people. But these people, that they only refer to as 'the elderly' won't try to court their children or influence them in worldly things. And so they can remind them of how close they are to death!

I read somewhere that the "nursing home church" wasn't just them; it was at least 8 other families. But that WAS a few years old so chances are the other families may have gone back to their regular churches. I think it started off as a ministry to them, but probably Stevehovah thought it best to keep on.....or maybe their other church didn't want them back? I don't know where they were going before. But it's often wondered, because they do that, it cuts off one avenue by which the "children" can meet spouses. Joseph met Elizabeth because her family went to their conference, and they happened to invite them over after. A lot of people apparently have invited them over after their conferences; makes it sound like families are fighting for their attention, lol. Or for a chance of a courtship? Or to test them? 3 of our lovely ladies had some extra "fun" with them about 2 years ago, shortly after what would've been poor Joseph's wedding. Have they put in those links here?

Also no Christmas Tree!

And if you're six and getting too excited about your upcoming birthday party, it will promptly be cancelled.

And if you're six and getting too excited about your upcoming birthday party, it will promptly be cancelled.

Really? Who did that happen to? I know that Joseph through Mary never been to a b-day party or had one w/ kids their own age. But I don't realize someone was suppose to have a party & it was cancelled.

I have been fascinated by the Maxwells for several years. One thing I remember from years ago was that they could ride their bikes for exercise only!!!! Not for fun! Also, when Mary was younger she had some teeth problems. Terri took her to the orthodontist, who after giving them a couple of options made the mistake of asking Mary what she wanted to do, as the procedures involved varying degrees of discomfort. Mary was taken home, and the work was not done at that time. They must have relented and had the work done later, but I imagine they took her to a different orthodontist.

And no Christmas wreaths either. They put an evergreen cross on the front door.

Yes, the Maxwells minister to "the elderly" in a nursing facility on Sundays. At least, the minister to the unfortunate ones who can't run or move their wheelchairs away fast enough when the Maxwells come to tell them about Death.

Also, about once a year they go really wild. Invitations are issued* to "neighbor ladies" for afternoon tea and proselytizing.

* We make fun of Sarah because she loves to write in passive voice.

Let's be clear - we're talking about heathen and immoral songs like "Row Row Row Your Boat." :snooty:

Also, Steve did not want the lyrics in the heads of the "kids" because they were not centered on Jesus. They only learn hymns, I believe. No catchy phrases or jingles for the Maxwell family. Words about rowing a boat would be distracting.

In addition to not having a television, they also eschew radio and newspapers. Both are/might be filled with immoral/defrauding events, words, photographs, people, ideas, ads, etc. Their world is the family. They seem to only read the Bible, Sarah's Moody books, their own self-published books, and computer related material.

Their computers all have filtering software that limits allowed websites. Teri has the password for this, as men cannot be trusted, apparently. They also have another person sitting next to them while online, for added accountability. Can't do anything alone, you know!

Also on New Years Eve they sit in the living room and cry for the heathens and non believers who are out celebrating.

Also on New Years Eve they sit in the living room and cry AND PRAYfor the heathens and non believers who are out celebrating.

Bolded is my addition, since the Maxwells feel it's their business to be in everyone's business. For Jesus.

Really? Who did that happen to? I know that Joseph through Mary never been to a b-day party or had one w/ kids their own age. But I don't realize someone was suppose to have a party & it was cancelled.

In one of Steve's posts he wrote of how they have birthday parties for the kids, but if a kid becomes too self-centered in the lead up to it, too focused on presents, or becomes too distracted by it (i.e., acts like a normal kid who is looking forward to his/her friggin' birthday party) the party will be cancelled. I believe he said that this had been done before, but didn't specify which kid and when. Maybe Yum-yum Rebel John? (BTW John, if it was you, and you ever escape you can head over to my place and I'll throw you whatever kind of party you'd like. :wink-kitty: :cupcake: :obscene-drinkingbuddies::happy-partydance:)

In one of Steve's posts he wrote of how they have birthday parties for the kids, but if a kid becomes too self-centered in the lead up to it, too focused on presents, or becomes too distracted by it (i.e., acts like a normal kid who is looking forward to his/her friggin' birthday party) the party will be cancelled. I believe he said that this had been done before, but didn't specify which kid and when. Maybe Yum-yum Rebel John? (BTW John, if it was you, and you ever escape you can head over to my place and I'll throw you whatever kind of party you'd like. :wink-kitty:

:cupcake: :obscene-drinkingbuddies::happy-partydance:)

Thanks!! I bet it was John!! I think it's horrible that the Maxwell kids were not allowed to be kids!!

Let's be clear - we're talking about heathen and immoral songs like "Row Row Row Your Boat." :snooty:

I never understood why that was considered a "bad" song, especially since it's singing about something that's the opposite of idle.

Holee; no way! They already have the party planned and stuff bought and then it's cancelled? Sheesh; that makes my bad childhood memories seem mild. I remember there were times when I or any of my siblings(and I've sometimes seen my nieces and nephews do it too) use birthdays to lord it over their siblings and we got told we could still get spankings even if it was our birthdays. I do understand my parents' frustrations with it all......but, holee; I walked on eggshells enough as a child(until I learned to put my creative mind to use to counteract that) I don't know how THESE "children" don't. I guess, like they say, it's all they know. :(

I never understood why that was considered a "bad" song, especially since it's singing about something that's the opposite of idle.

There is no Jesus in it.

Most fundies blacklist the things that are harmful to their fundie beliefs, but will allow secular things that do not mention religion, but also do not have any objectionable content. The Maxwells take things a step further-everything secular is bad, even the harmless stuff because it does not contain God, they are only allowed to do things that are specifically Christian. And their brand of Christian, not regular Christian.

Archived