IGNORED

Message to FJ from Nolan Manteufel

Marian the Librarian

Well here's a happy Sunday morning find, courtesy of Nolan's FB page!

This picture is for FreeJinger.org.

I've enjoyed reading your unmarried Fundies thread. So much so, that when i came accross some of my old notes from BCA, i thought this part would be worth sharing. Might help some of them to get married.

Remember, these notes are Biblical. Mr. Esquire himself prepared them.

They are his concluding notes from a BCA sermon that was titled "How Our Body Can Encourage and Prepare Young Men for Faithfulness In Marriage". I forget the year, maybe 2006.

I still think it would be fair to call this "movement" the "Visionary Saints" movement.

btw... i suspect many of you are "worldly women" and "sharply contrast" from the "virtuous women of Scripture" and are not governed by "the spirit". ... Good for y'all!

All this stuff is spooky enough without the NCFIC hyping it up with a "Shepherding the Flock of [g]od" Halloween conference.

10577057_713785475335625_8611400316547272359_n.jpg

Thanks, Nolan, from one of those stuff-of-nightmare worldly women "Mr. Esquire" :lol: warned against!

:u-rock:

I used to be a very virtuous woman of Scripture but then I found science and evolution and was set free from the shackles of fundamentalism.

Nolan is awesome :D

Nice of you to read here Nolan :) We have been reading your story and think you and Lourdes are brave, strong people who have come so far from being in the evil cult of Doug the Tool. Keep on fighting, and hopefully one day justice will come and hit Doug in the ass.

Definitely not a virtuous woman of scripture....if that is what Doug thinks women should be like, I certainly don't want to be one either. Nothing Doug can ever say about women will ever be good advice to follow.

Nolan, you rock! Thank you!

"Mr Esquire." :cracking-up:

Um, I wasn't always a worldly woman. I was raised to be a "virtuous woman of scripture" but I saw the gaping cracks in the foundation of all this crap while still in my teens. It took me quite a while to break the bonds of the indoctrination, but all hell broke loose when I reached my 20s. :mrgreen:

My best wishes to both Nolan and Lourdes. Hang in there you two. My thoughts are with you both. :)

This rainy Sunday distraction is brought to you by a road trip I had to go on yesterday. I heard this song and couldn't help but think of Nolan and Lourdes, so I put an FJ spin on the lyrics. I hope you two take the money and run. 8-)

"Take The Money And Run"

This here's a story about Nolan Joe and Lourdes Sue

Two young lovers with somethin’ better to do

Than stay in Daddy’s house, dress up, and listen to a fool

And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose

They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso

That's where they ran into a great big hassle

They thought Doug had enough of being king of the castle

Lourdes Sue took the money and run

Go on take the money and run

Dougie P is an a-hole down in Texas

He thinks he knows just exactly what the facts is

They ain't gonna let this tooool escape justice

He makes his livin' off of patriarchal asses

Lourdes Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away

Nolan Joe married her the very next day

They got the money, hey

You know they got away

They headed down south and they're free and happy today

Singin' go on take the money and run

Why is he posting messages to FJ on his Facebook instead of posting directly here?

(not snarking, legit asking)

I suspect it's part of his very loud fuck you to all the VF folks and part of his establishing his post VF identity to identify himself publicly with those who mock VF.

Why is he posting messages to FJ on his Facebook instead of posting directly here?

(not snarking, legit asking)

Does Nolan have to post here at FJ himself to have credibility? I think not. Posting "to FJ" on his Facebook probably gets a wider audience.

Others may differ, but I want to be kind to Nolan because I rather identify with his stage of development. He is a good guy at heart. A very good guy.

I don't want to hand him his balls on a platter when he occasionally totally trips over himself in un-PC things as he perhaps has done in the past. He is the product of his environment but he has proved to me that he is learning as fast as he can.

Go Nolan!

It really is a big FU to VF. I'm cool with that.

I really don't have anything to add.

Since I know Nolan is reading here, I just want to say I'm glad you are doing well now. Everyone here wishes you well. And it has been great watching you guys give to middle finger to Doug and co.

And I am sorry certain homeschool "queen bees" were out to rub salt into wounds. I hope they get a reality check.

I don't have much problem with Nolan addressing us on Facebook vs posting here as I do some of the other people that do it. He's always done this and at this stage with everything that is going on, I think it's probably smart that he doesn't post here.

I do like the fact that he reads here and is open about that fact.

I have personally told him (via facebook) that he and Lourdes are welcome to join us here and post, if/when he is ready/able to do so and I hope that at some point he does do that. I think he would make a great addition to FJ.

Is it just me or is that list kind of repetitive? It seems like the content of the fourth point (the really long one) is then repeated by points 6 and 7 a bit down the list.

Also, I feel like marriage should take that much...convincing.

Also, if he posts on FJ, there will always be people who argue that it isn't really him posting (even if the admins confirm that it is).

I kinda think posting it here would be te easy thing to do, he knows we're welcomming it to snark on. By posting it on his FB he's sort of showing his support to FJ.

I'm with the folks that think it'd be better to wait until after the case in settled to come and give FJ the scoop--the less ammunition the defense has, the better.

Well here's a happy Sunday morning find, courtesy of Nolan's FB page!

10577057_713785475335625_8611400316547272359_n.jpg

Thanks, Nolan, from one of those stuff-of-nightmare worldly women "Mr. Esquire" :lol: warned against!

:u-rock:

Second to last point: "Be vigilant to ensure that ur daughters and wives dress with modesty..."

Probably just a typo, but might be an out of place attempt to gain "street cred" with the "young and hip" crowd.

Second to last point: "Be vigilant to ensure that ur daughters and wives dress with modesty..."

Probably just a typo, but might be an out of place attempt to gain "street cred" with the "young and hip" crowd.

*gasp!* Doug's "jive talking"?! Why, didn't warn us of just that thing?

j/k, it's totally a typo.

Archived