IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

I keep wondering what they would do if they ran into some fellow hikers taking advantage of the new "pot tourism" benefits... Would they actually rebuke them, hand them a tract, take another trail?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the moment thT we hear why Gigi is alone? Still waiting to be defrauded by hiking john. That comment about being creamed that wasn't published was HILARIOUS!!

So Aunt Tami did not take Gigi to live with her in Alabama :(

Poor Sarah seems to love the mountains and Colorado in general. At least she always seems genuinely delighted to be around the mountains. It probably has never ever occurred to her that as a 30+ adult she is free to move there whenever she wishes...

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DSC_8423.jpg

The above picture that Poor Sarah captured is a classic.

Waiting while Dad and Mom shopped in Costco.

It's like, fuck we have 30 mins of freedom while they are in the supermarket, so Jesus Girl pretends to be Stevie driving the car, RAnna holds herself pretending to be Terri and Joe tries to look cool, but maybe should lay off the animal crackers.

Poor John and Jessie, they had to go with mummy and daddy to hold the shopping cart.

Sarah strikes again. She responds to a comment asking about her "creamed" hand:

Thanks, Rebecca! I’m so glad it’s feeling better. Thursday made me really appreciate having a hand that didn’t hurt when it did ;).

I had to read this a couple of times to realize that she was playing a Maxwell version of the Glad Game.

I always detested Pollyanna. If I'd been Aunt Polly I'd have throttled the little cheer-leader.

So Gigi joined them. No mention of Gpa. The average reader has no idea he passed last spring. I bet they'll get a lot of comments asking about him. They probably won't be published.

It doesn't look like the same house they generally rent. It must be huge to hold 19 people. It's funny they don't bring Uriah. The "adult children" could have slept there, cutting down on the bedrooms needed. Maybe they are higher up in the mountains and she couldn't make it up the hills.

So, it's Anna's kitchen. I wonder if there are any ceiling fans for Anna and Sarah to dust??

Maybe Sarah met a cute doctor at the hospital. ;)

They truly are the real-life version of Groundhog Day, aren't they? Only they'll never, ever break the loop. Lather, rinse, repeat throughout eternity.

You know, nothing is more important to me than family. I cherish mine and have a great relationship with all of them. We met my parents for dinner on Tuesday, I took a cooking class with my daughter last night, I'm spending Sunday with my sister and my husband, sister and I are going to a concert soon. We speak to, email or text each other frequently, but we still leave separate lives, with our own interests and experiences. So when we do meet, it really IS special time together. But how can ANYthing be special when you practically live in each other's skin? What differentiates one moment from the next? If they traded places with one another for a day, nothing would change. The Maxwells really are the Borg Collective (or those old-school talking dolls where you'd pull the string and they'd repeat the same few phrases over and over and over). They chill me to the bone.

And while I don't judge them overly harshly for this, because I don't have a strong relationship with my parents family really means Steve and Terri , the children of Steve and Terri, their children and now just Terri's mother. They don't seem to have any sort of time or effort for family that exists outside of that. You know like Steve and Terri's siblings or Steve's (now deceased I believe, I got confused with all that this summer) parents,

I wonder what Terified would look like if she were de-frumpified? Cut and color the gray hair, whiten the teeth, put on some stylish clothes.... I bet she'd look 15 years younger.

Of course, she'd probably look downright youthful if she shed Stevehovah, but that's not gonna happen.

And when she gets old, J'uterus is gonna have a hump on her back based on the way she juts her head forward like that.

She is actually quite attractive in person. I have decide the female maxwells just don't photograph well because the girls are all stunning and Terri looked very pretty.

So Gigi joined them. No mention of Gpa. The average reader has no idea he passed last spring. I bet they'll get a lot of comments asking about him. They probably won't be published.

It doesn't look like the same house they generally rent. It must be huge to hold 19 people. It's funny they don't bring Uriah. The "adult children" could have slept there, cutting down on the bedrooms needed. Maybe they are higher up in the mountains and she couldn't make it up the hills.

So, it's Anna's kitchen. I wonder if there are any ceiling fans for Anna and Sarah to dust??

Maybe Sarah met a cute doctor at the hospital. ;)

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Children must be supervised at all times!

Ah, the Maxwell's take their full-time improvised version of Sartre's No Exit on the road.

They're so intent on avoiding Hell, but it seems to me they're already there, in Kansas or Colorado.

Reminds me of the the line from No Exit which goes: "hell is other people". To which the Maxwells' insular life seems to embody both in and outside the family compound, no matter where they go and who they run into.

Being in the same house (or vacation spot) doing the same thing day after day with the same people must be hell. But anything outside the family compound, outside the family sphere, is also hell. These people on the outside are going to hell. If Steveovah doesn't control his family it's going to hell. Everything is hell.

Yes, they are already there and back again. And even if you happen to believe in hell, if any of the Maxwells get to heaven (they might deserve it after living with their dad) they will have already been through hell many times over.

There's a ski area in Colorado called Purgatory. It's a gorgeous spot, one of my fav spots in CO. The Maxwells probably wouldn't go there though.

Sarah strikes again. She responds to a comment asking about her "creamed" hand:

I had to read this a couple of times to realize that she was playing a Maxwell version of the Glad Game.

I always detested Pollyanna. If I'd been Aunt Polly I'd have throttled the little cheer-leader.

Q: What's engraved on Pollyanna's tombstone?

A: I'm GLAD I'm dead!!!

(From a fellow Pollyanna detester. :lol: )

Q: What's engraved on Pollyanna's tombstone?

A: I'm GLAD I'm dead!!!

(From a fellow Pollyanna detester. :lol: )

Pollyanna had no appeal for me even as a kid. She was too happy for me. And I am an optimistic person generally.

Unless they run into someone climbing a 14er with a bible in his hand, Sarah is just as screwed as she always is. No doubt that is part of the appeal of their annual trips to Colorado. Remote. Isolated. Few people. Big. Hills. To. Climb. As. A. Family.

I am all for family togetherness but Maxhell takes it to a whole new level. Been there. To this day the phrase "as a family" just grates on me whenever someone says it, no offense to the person. There is such a thing as too much family time; I don't know how any of them maintain their sanity.

Pollyanna had no appeal for me even as a kid. She was too happy for me. And I am an optimistic person generally.

Yeah, I'm also optimistic. So much so that I was once nicknamed Pollyanna at work - imagine my reaction. :lol:

Pollyanna gets my goat and so does Poor Sarah.

Perhaps I should start a thread in Worldly distractions for Pollyanna haters and (if you know them) Katie and Rebecca haters. :)

Not sure if it's the same house or not but it has the same green carpet.

I bet its a timeshare

Yeah, I'm also optimistic. So much so that I was once nicknamed Pollyanna at work - imagine my reaction. :lol:

Pollyanna gets my goat and so does Poor Sarah.

Perhaps I should start a thread in Worldly distractions for Pollyanna haters and (if you know them) Katie and Rebecca haters. :)

You should. I can rant about them for hours.

You should. I can rant about them for hours.

Done! Scamper over to Worldly Distractions and rant along with me. :lol:

Back to your regularly scheduled Maxwell discussion, because the Maxwells are NOT allowed to read ebil fiction.

The Maxcult is on its way to Colorado for their annual communing with nature and each other extravaganza. Some might call it a vacation, but I fully understand how they don't see it that way. They can't. I don't exactly know how they accomplish any special family time in Colorado over Kansas; it's not like they live their lives among other human beings.

I'd kill myself if I had to spend 24/7 in that environment and then try to pretend that the same thing in a different location is anything special or different.

My idea of a vacation involves getting away from the people I am with every day.

Of course I am a hell bounth heathen, so there you have it.

My husband and I sometimes take separate weekends away while the other stays home with our one daughter. We do take vacations as a family, but he and I recognize the need for a little time to ourselves. I can't imagine what kind of hell it would be to be having to travel with the entire quiverfull of Maxwells or Duggars in a stinky bus 24/7

That picture of "the kids" waiting while their parents shopped at Costco? It made me think of my childhood in the 70's when my mom would pull the station wagon up to the little grocery store in town and we'd start yelling from the backseat "CAN WE COME IN?!?" and she'd say "No. You kids wait in the car," as she grabbed her keys and purse and ran in for milk.

Then my sister and I would have to play lookout while my two brothers climbed all over the backseat wrestling.

"Boys! Mom's coming. Stop!" Good times. :lol: :lol:

I used to fight my brother with the seat belts. Once a cop came and stopped us. Mum was so embarrassed. We tended not to be left in the car after that. Can you imagine the maxwell kiddies fighting!! Haha

The reversal boys and Sarah tried it once and the reversal boys had to stay in the car and eat crackers for lunch while the rest of the family went and had Taco Bell.

Sarah felt guilty about not being punished so she took them out for lunch 15years later to make up for it.

True story.

blog.titus2.com/2011/07/24/making-right-the-wrong/

Oh my gosh! If we saw a police officer we'd pipe down right quick and sit still as little statues in the car. For some reason we thought if they caught us talking, we'd be hauled off to jail. I wonder where we got that idea.....

The reversal boys and Sarah tried it once and the reversal boys had to stay in the car and eat crackers for lunch while the rest of the family went and had Taco Bell.

Sarah felt guilty about not being punished so she took them out for lunch 15years later to make up for it.

True story.

blog.titus2.com/2011/07/24/making-right-the-wrong/

That is so fucked up! Being so scrupulous is not good for your conscience. (Scrupulocity is seeing things as sin that really aren't.)

Archived