IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. They had the Harvard of SODRT education. I shudder when I think of Jessica (aka: Latisha) "educating" her children.

I agree that if you compare them to other homeschool families, or even some graduates from real schools who somehow couldn't or wouldn't pay attention in school, or skipped class all the time, their knowledge and skills on certain subjects aren't that bad. But that's really not a hard thing to achieve, since some people, and I'm talking about those with an average IQ, manage to graduate school without being able to read or write properly. Sadly, it's the case in my country, and in the US, it might be even worse in some areas where public schools are really bad and underfinanced. And well, many "homeschooled" children have it even worse.

However, despite having some (very) basic education, they heavily lack in a lot of areas. They wouldn't survive in the real world without help at first, and certainly would have a really hard time to find a job, even as a waiter/waitress or a shop assistant.

Does anyone know what the Maxwells were doing this summer that caused it to be a "crazy busy" summer? As far as I know, they only had one conference.

Am I the only one here who absolutely hates the phrase "crazy busy?" It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. :evil:

Am I the only one here who absolutely hates the phrase "crazy busy?" It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. :evil:

Again it's the same 90s-speak as "synergy" and other key word choices Sarah makes. Because she doesn't know they were popular once but not anymore. Because she lives in a vacuum led by a guy who left the world behind when he quit his corporate job in the...90s.

Oh, ladies, don't get too upset about "crazy busy!" You have other fodder for your irritation: Relaxful. Yes. Relaxful.

Does Mary take a serger AND a sewing machine with her on their trips? (closely check out her project for Melanie's birthday)

I also noted that Sarah and the Maxwell ladies must really enjoy handbags, given the giant tub of them Sarah seems to be readying for Uriah's underbelly.

Again it's the same 90s-speak as "synergy" and other key word choices Sarah makes. Because she doesn't know they were popular once but not anymore. Because she lives in a vacuum led by a guy who left the world behind when he quit his corporate job in the...90s.

WonderinginWA, of course you're correct - how could I forget that Stevehovah was steeping in Boeing Culture, before he Saw The Light?? I should only be surprised he hasn't worked the concept of "quality circles" into his little family business empire. :thumbsdown3:

WonderinginWA, of course you're correct - how could I forget that Stevehovah was steeping in Boeing Culture, before he Saw The Light?? I should only be surprised he hasn't worked the concept of "quality circles" into his little family business empire. :thumbsdown3:

OMG, you just made me shudder. I, too, worked for the Lazy B in the 90s and man, did that place have acronyms for everything and with those came all the buzz words. Gahhhh!

OMG, you just made me shudder. I, too, worked for the Lazy B in the 90s and man, did that place have acronyms for everything and with those came all the buzz words. Gahhhh!

Oh yes, the "Big Company" similar to the Lazy B also had buzzwords and acronyms for everything. It was like learning a new language! I remember my first days wondering what all that stuff meant and pretty much asking folks for what amounted to translations and getting weird looks.

I bet you anything they have a family org chart!

This is their warning about the Creation Museum:

We did not go to the Men in White or the Dragon video. We did go to the Second Adam video at the end. In this video, Jesus is clearly presented as the Perfect Sacrifice, but it was too graphic for us, and so we just closed our eyes for a little while.

My understanding was that the Men in White was a take-off of some popular movie. That was not consistent with our heart’s direction for the family.

There also was a graffiti section in the museum that we walked through without stopping. It was higlighting the consequences in our society of rejecting God. We needed no reminding of the sin as we are sadly aware of that.

blog.titus2.com/2007/10/04/men-of-vision-creation-science-museum/

According to the official website that sells the video it's suitable for "Ages: 8 and up"

Hey Steve; how do you feel about infantilizing your youngest "child" by a decade?

According to the official website that sells the video it's suitable for "Ages: 8 and up"

Hey Steve; how do you feel about infantilizing your youngest "child" by a decade?

My guess is that he feels pretty damn good about it.

Poor Sarah seems to love the mountains and Colorado in general. At least she always seems genuinely delighted to be around the mountains. It probably has never ever occurred to her that as a 30+ adult she is free to move there whenever she wishes...

There are quite a few nice small non-resort towns around the area where the Maxwell cabin is. Industry picked up somewhat and I can imagine Sarah moving there and enjoying that scenery year-round.

(And Uriah totally sounds like a stoner's van, btw.)

The Maxwells bought the bus used - it used to belong to a band. I suspect that bus has contained its share of weed fumes in the past...! :obscene-smokingweed:

Re: The Kleins. They used to turn up on Rebecca K's blog from time to time, but not lately. One of the daughters illustrated some of the Moody books. I *think* her name is Abby, but I could be wrong. So many fundie families have daughters named Abby, Anna, Hannah, Susanna, Elizabeth, and Rebecca that it's hard to keep them all straight.

It was Abi Klein. You reminded me where I'd heard of them before - Rebecca K's blog! I saw them there, and a few clicks in led me to the Bible copying thing.

I have noted the "bible time" before the description of every hike and also wondered why don't they have it in the car or afterward as part of their daily dose of saving themselves from hell. They really can't steer away from any variation of the routine, even while on vacation.

Heck - we KNOW they have iPhones. There exist quite a few e-book versions of the Bible, not to mention various cross-linked Bible apps, for the iPhone. So they have access to a Bible no matter where they are - no need for internet connection or anything to use an app like that or read an e-book you downloaded previously.

Why not have a Bible study on top of the summit? They could go all out and have one of the homeschooled kids prepare a little talk, even, choosing particular verses that inspire them and tie into the mountain theme, if they wanted. Or if it's too windy and rushed up there, why not at one of the rest spots lower down? In the woods? Out in God's Own Creation while they walk?

Ah but that would be DIFFERENT and apparently that's not allowed!

Oh, the [Maxwell Irrigation] website! It's horrible even if it is just a prototype. They are trying to sound professional with using words like software and model but they sound so uneducated. It is obvious that they do not work in real companies

Not to mention they could really use some help with the English on that website.

Compare it to John-Marie's company website, very very different.

We do irrigation design for agriculture and target growers around the world and have done work all across the US and in Central America. We are passionate about engineering top quality system balanced with the practicality and need of not over-spec'ing systems. We design mostly drip irrigation system but also other things such as sprinklers, pivots, etc.

...the HELL? I know the Maxwells like to puff up their self-descriptions to make them seem like much bigger fish than they actually are, but what on earth is this possibly about??? Are they considering themselves part of John-Marie's company and HE went there, or are they just making stuff up? Possibly some trip with ol' Dougie the Adventurer? I gotta know!

I know they have some friends who travel to Mexico, but... what gives?

...and now as I get further down the thread I see sparkles is calling the same shenanigans. Yeah seriously!! Liar liar pants on fire doesn't even begin to cover it...!

We do irrigation design for agriculture and target growers around the world and have done work all across the US and in Central America. We are passionate about engineering top quality system balanced with the practicality and need of not over-spec'ing systems. We design mostly drip irrigation system but also other things such as sprinklers, pivots, etc.

I wonder if there is a connection between this and the speculation that Joseph's new wife is from a spanish-speaking country?

I'm still disappointed that all of the Reversals didn't double back and take off in Johns truck when they all went on their hike separate from Steve and Terrie. I guess I see why Joseph wouldn't have done that now. :(

I wonder if there is a connection between this and the speculation that Joseph's new wife is from a spanish-speaking country?

This made me do a double take. By Joseph you mean John-Marie, right?

I don't read too much about the Maxwells, but isn't "special Family Time," all their time, really?

Yes. It's always "special family time". Everything they do is "special family time". I don't understand how it can be so special when you always spend time together, but there you go.

Archived