IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

The Maxcult is on its way to Colorado for their annual communing with nature and each other extravaganza. Some might call it a vacation, but I fully understand how they don't see it that way. They can't. I don't exactly know how they accomplish any special family time in Colorado over Kansas; it's not like they live their lives among other human beings.

I'd kill myself if I had to spend 24/7 in that environment and then try to pretend that the same thing in a different location is anything special or different.

My idea of a vacation involves getting away from the people I am with every day.

Of course I am a hell bounth heathen, so there you have it.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the Maxwell's take their full-time improvised version of Sartre's No Exit on the road.

They're so intent on avoiding Hell, but it seems to me they're already there, in Kansas or Colorado.

Me three!!!11!!

"Mom has sweetly done lots of shopping in preparation for the trip." Sweetly?!?!?!

Maybe Sarah will find a husband this trip! (Dreaming....)

When I read the title of this thread I knew it was the Maxwells. Well hear this Maxwells, tomorrow I'm going on a camping trip BY MYSELF. I'm going to have some happy time BY MYSELF. I am going to spend time in nature, BY MYSELF. And I'm going to think of you and laugh at your pathetic lives BY MYSELF!!!

If one of the Maxwell "children" wrote a book and claimed that they have more one-on-one time with their parents than non-fundie kids do, then I'd believe. From the Duggars, no.

Just read the post. Nice to see they acknowledged Bethany's birthday, even if it didn't get a special post. I don't like the way Anna is holding Andrew, Abby looks like the spirit was crushed out of her. Mary still has those creepy eyes and smile. I think she will have her 18th birthday during this jaunt. I pray she can sneak away while hiking and make a run for it.

I bet they built that "Aunties' Park" just to avoid going to a real park and prevent the lil' girls making real friends of their own age.

Me three!!!11!!

"Mom has sweetly done lots of shopping in preparation for the trip." Sweetly?!?!?!

Who the hell sweetly shops? How do you do that? Was it sweet she did the family shopping or was she shopping in a sweet fashion?

I'm going to start describing all my actions using a form of sweet. I am sweetly typing on my laptop. I am sweetly texting my headship. Sweetly, I delete emails and clean up various email inboxes. I just rolled my eyes sweetly at Anna's fair post about giving children the Good Person Test. See, Sarah/Steve? IT SOUNDS STUPID!

Just read the post. Nice to see they acknowledged Bethany's birthday, even if it didn't get a special post. I don't like the way Anna is holding Andrew, Abby looks like the spirit was crushed out of her. Mary still has those creepy eyes and smile. I think she will have her 18th birthday during this jaunt. I pray she can sneak away while hiking and make a run for it.

Hopefully Anna is just holding Andrew up for the camera and doesn't think that's the right way to hold him. Although why they faced the poor kid towards the sun, I don't know.

And is he being called Andrew instead of Drew now?

I'm probably going sweetly shopping tomorrow. I hope I do it right.

Ah, the Maxwell's take their full-time improvised version of Sartre's No Exit on the road.

They live their lives waiting for Godot.

:shifty-kitty:

Me three!!!11!!

I'm now picturing some poor guy hiking around, enjoying nature during a long-awaited vacation, and encountering them.

Me three!!!11!!

Well, it was a mostly sweet shopping trip, but she threw in a little something for herself:

JsBQqdK.jpg

Sarah never fails to delight me with her astounding writing skills.

One more day of preparations–of almost tripping over things as one navigates around a house that is in trip mode, of trying to remember all the things you must do, of packing, of loading, and of excitement.

The house must be in league with Satan. It's in the mode to trip them!

Me three!!!11!!

Yeah, well, she might have slightly better chances there, cause people might not really know the crazy Maxwells like they do in their hometown. However, it's not like they would ever let a man close enough to her to have a private conversation, so no, I don't think so.

Unless they run into someone climbing a 14er with a bible in his hand, Sarah is just as screwed as she always is. No doubt that is part of the appeal of their annual trips to Colorado. Remote. Isolated. Few people. Big. Hills. To. Climb. As. A. Family.

Sarah never fails to delight me with her astounding writing skills.

The house must be in league with Satan. It's in the mode to trip them!

I recently had to coordinate sending my two children to sleep away camp for a week, picking them up at the end of the session and continuing on to my parents house where we celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a swanky party and then left the next morning for vacation at the beach with my extended family. I'll admit my head was spinning a bit the day before we left because I was trying to pack clothing for 3 completely different "trips" for 4 people (and I did a fair bit of nasty camp laundry at my mom's house), but I didn't have stuff strewn from one end of the house to another. :roll:

Seriously, they're traveling in a family bus and they're not exactly leaving civilization. I'm pretty sure if they forget anything there's a Walgreen's or a Target between their house and Colorado.

They truly are the real-life version of Groundhog Day, aren't they? Only they'll never, ever break the loop. Lather, rinse, repeat throughout eternity.

You know, nothing is more important to me than family. I cherish mine and have a great relationship with all of them. We met my parents for dinner on Tuesday, I took a cooking class with my daughter last night, I'm spending Sunday with my sister and my husband, sister and I are going to a concert soon. We speak to, email or text each other frequently, but we still leave separate lives, with our own interests and experiences. So when we do meet, it really IS special time together. But how can ANYthing be special when you practically live in each other's skin? What differentiates one moment from the next? If they traded places with one another for a day, nothing would change. The Maxwells really are the Borg Collective (or those old-school talking dolls where you'd pull the string and they'd repeat the same few phrases over and over and over). They chill me to the bone.

The cognitive dissonance that they must all have to deal with daily is truly astounding. You KNOW they are fucking sick to death of each other, but because of their brainwashing they have to pretend to love and be thrilled about being with each other 24/7 at all times. No individual opinions or ideas will be tolerated. Thus Spake Stevehovah.

Husband and I will be heading to his annual work-related convention on Sunday, which is at a beach location. I will be logging many miles in beach walking, body surfing in the waves, collecting too many shells, eating a lot of good free food and drinking a LOT of free vodka tonics. I have a sneaky feeling my VACATION will be more fun than the Maxhellians. :wink-kitty:

What are the chances of one of the kids (preferably one of the girls) "getting lost" during a hiking trip and starting a new, Stevehova free life in Colorado? :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-rock:

One can dream...

Well, it was a mostly sweet shopping trip, but she threw in a little something for herself:

JsBQqdK.jpg

But where is the PEPSI? :soda:

Archived