IGNORED

American Most Wanted B&B stay in Warren Jeffs house

Will Jessop purchased Warren's old house AKA compound and now has opened as a Bed and Breakfast. Planning a vacation to Zion National Park you can book a room in Warren's old house rate $85-200 per night, cable TV, WIFI, A/C, private bathroom, spa and exercise room. If you go for the $200 per night you get to stay in his suite that also has a private kitchen. He is also talking about starting a museum on the compound. Will has been excommunicated.

Wow, so I can book my very own room and sleep in a bed located in a house where rape occured between Warren Jeffs and the many girls and women he coerced into marriage? Yeah, I think I'll pass. :ew:

I need to correct something-Warren's private house is where Will is planning to put the museum, however right now he is using it to help out people in the community that need a place to stay. B&B is in the structure where all his wives and children lived. I am trying to get a tour of the compound if I do I will return and report.

I would rather sleep in the woods than a hose that Warren Jeff's lived in.

I was creeped out just driving through Colorado City/Hilldale, so I think I'll pass on staying at the house where those rapes occurred. :scared-yipes::scared-eek:

Is this the house he lived in or the one his followers built after he was arrested?

I have to say, I did not follow this story at all when it happened, but a few days ago I was on tumblr and found a blog dedicated to the FLDS hair styles and I have been reading and watching everything I can find on this group.

I need to correct something-Warren's private house is where Will is planning to put the museum, however right now he is using it to help out people in the community that need a place to stay. B&B is in the structure where all his wives and children lived. I am trying to get a tour of the compound if I do I will return and report.

Please do, I'd be most interested in hearing about the compound. In all the books I've ever read about the FLDS, I've never quite been able to grasp the layout of the place. :)

I'm tempted to go there and have gay/premarital sex and then write Warren a letter with juicy details. :wink-kitty:

Not gonna risk the nightmares.

I was creeped out just driving through Colorado City/Hilldale, so I think I'll pass on staying at the house where those rapes occurred. :scared-yipes::scared-eek:

Mr. No and I passed through Colorado City/Hilldale on our last vacation out west (2008) and it was like a ghost town. We had considered stopping but thought better of it when we got there as it just seemed rather eerie. I don't know how to describe it other than you didn't see the usual activity like at stores / gas stations / homes. Like people were hiding but it was around the time followingJeff's trials and the YFZ raid so that would be somewhat understandable.

The town is so isolated I can't imagine wanting to stay overnight there. They don't really have gas stations or grocery stores. I've been through the area many times and the closest town is Hurricane, Utah. The town is surrounded by all desert and mountains. Beautiful place. But not a place with great access to anything. Even Zion is a bit of a drive. And the town itself isn't the picture of friendly. Every time I drove through I got stares and that was from the few people actually walking on the streets. Otherwise it did feel like a ghost town. Tons of unfinished houses and barely any people outside. I guess the only appeal of the B&B is the Jeffs connection and yeah- that's a little weird. Though a museum might be interesting.

The only way to save that place is to do good with it, like converting it into housing for homeless people instead of trying to bank on it as a tourist attraction for people who get off thinking about child-rape.

The town is so isolated I can't imagine wanting to stay overnight there. They don't really have gas stations or grocery stores. I've been through the area many times and the closest town is Hurricane, Utah. The town is surrounded by all desert and mountains. Beautiful place. But not a place with great access to anything. Even Zion is a bit of a drive. And the town itself isn't the picture of friendly. Every time I drove through I got stares and that was from the few people actually walking on the streets. Otherwise it did feel like a ghost town. Tons of unfinished houses and barely any people outside. I guess the only appeal of the B&B is the Jeffs connection and yeah- that's a little weird. Though a museum might be interesting.

The remoteness aside, the area is indeed beautiful. If it were a normal town, normal meaning as in the usual stores (grocery, gas stations, restaurants, etc.) with the associated activity plus not being FLDS (or at least not being suspicious of outsiders), that place would could actually have a decent amount of business going with travelers / tourists passing through the area. Maybe that's what they are trying to do here and decided to try to capitalize on the Jeffs association. It's still a creepy idea but there might be some takers.

Archived