IGNORED

Sara Smith (Chris Maxwell's ex) is getting married!

WonderingInWA

I hope the third engagement leads to marriage for Sarah Smith -- she missed a bullet with Christopher Maxwell.

I don't think she was necessarily obsessed with the second ex. As I recollect, she was in love and told that she was putting her relationship with him above God, or some such garbage.

So, do we know if SHE called off the second engagement? Because she felt that her relationship was above God?! That is very sad. I hope she didn't throw away a great relationship because she was guilted into it by thinking that. But I am happy for her. She seems sweet, and she obviously has a brain for letting a Maxwell go.

On a personal note, several years ago before I was married my not-yet-husband and I attended a fundy lite wedding of an old high school friend of mine. At one point during the ceremony, the minister stated that your relationship with God was far more important than your relationship with your wife (they hadn't even been pronounced man and wife yet). I swear, my not-yet-husband just about stroked out when he heard that. He was not reared fundy and had no idea there were so many levels of crazy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe both of her engagements were called off for her. She blogged about the one that wasn't Christopher and IIRC said the father was involved in delivering the news. I don't think we know what happened in the Christopher case. Stevie made it sound like it was a mutual decision between Chris and Sara, but we all know it was between STEVE and I guess Sara's father. She was just too worldly even back then, and that was before she'd gone to China and Mexico and lived in her own apartment. I remember their engagement photo on the Maxwell blog and she was wearing a frumper, I think, but that had to have been excruciating given her preferred fashion choices. I think she would have married him because she wanted to get married and he asked, but she would never have been happy.

She actually took initiative and joined eHarmony to get out there and find herself a man; she took control of what she wanted and went after it.

I know she's fundie and all, but that's pretty worldly right there. Way to go, Sara. No sitting on your thumbs while waiting for god or daddy to drop the perfect man in your lap. No woman in fundie land goes out looking for a man; an online dating site clearly states you are available and looking. Such a no-no in SADH/fundie worlds.

I hope they live out west and she's away from all the influences of her past life and she buys a pair of jeans. Also, that she only has as many blessings as they can afford and take care of.

I believe both of her engagements were called off for her. She blogged about the one that wasn't Christopher and IIRC said the father was involved in delivering the news. I don't think we know what happened in the Christopher case. Stevie made it sound like it was a mutual decision between Chris and Sara, but we all know it was between STEVE and I guess Sara's father. She was just too worldly even back then, and that was before she'd gone to China and Mexico and lived in her own apartment. I remember their engagement photo on the Maxwell blog and she was wearing a frumper, I think, but that had to have been excruciating given her preferred fashion choices. I think she would have married him because she wanted to get married and he asked, but she would never have been happy.

Here's her post on the breakup with the second fiance, sounds like it was his idea to end things, but their fathers relayed the message.

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/jesus-what-a-friend-and-lover/

She sure as heck dodged a bullet there. How sad that so many of these daughters say "yes" to a man because they so desperately want to get married. I mean, are their qualifications for a husband basically "well, he's a male (not that they'd be able to look to verify that) and uh - he's breathing"?

And puh-lease. There was no decision made between Steve and Sara's father. The decision was made between Steve and......Steve. That man is his own personal god. He is his own idol.

I wish Sarah and her new husband a lifetime of happiness.

She is 30. It is the hair that makes her look older. She needs a good haircut and professional color. Plus some of the outfits, while they have plenty of personality, are a little gradma-ish.

I'll eat my hat if she's thirty.

(And the way she talks about being single in her profile on the wedding website seems to suggest she has been in her thirties for awhile.)

In Feb 2008 she says it is her 25th birthday. Which would make her 31 and a half now.

There is a post from 2012 where she says she is 28. It could be a typo but I doubt she was 38.

Wow. I really guessed her at upper thirties to lower forties. I can't believe we're the same age.

And now I gotta find a hat I don't particularly like to start cooking up ;)

And now I gotta find a hat I don't particularly like to start cooking up ;)

I vote for this one:

leprechaun_hat_smores_6.jpg

Count me as one of the readers who thought she was in her mid 30's. I read the wedding website and the way she worded it would make one think so was in her mid thirties. In the post on the wedding site she mentions; I didn't get married in my early 20's, I thought by my mid twenties I would and there was a 10 year waiting period of wating to be married. The line about knowing a man was not going to be dropped on her front porch was great. All I could think was too bad Sarah Maxwell isn't allowed to figure this out and be proactive about attracting a husband.

She seriously looks like she's in her early 40's! I've never seen an engagement photo where the couple is wrapped in a blanket? Scandalous!

I wonder if her going by "Sara Nicole" is a remnant of her time with the Maxwells, a la Anna Marie? Lord knows they couldn't have had TWO Sara(h)s running around. :lol:

I wonder if her going by "Sara Nicole" is a remnant of her time with the Maxwells, a la Anna Marie? Lord knows they couldn't have had TWO Sara(h)s running around. :lol:

I'm sure if she would have married Christopher, she certainly WOULD have been Sara Nicole. Heck, they renamed NR-Anna's little sister something else because I think her name is Sarah/Mary/Anna, too.

I wanted to see if I could find her fiance's age somewhere (I couldn't) but I did find that he has a sister named......Sarah! So perhaps Sara Nicole she will remain!

I wanted to see if I could find her fiance's age somewhere (I couldn't) but I did find that he has a sister named......Sarah! So perhaps Sara Nicole she will remain!

I found a John R Absher from Montana born in 1984. Why, yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands; why do you ask? :lol: http://www.peoplebyname.com/people/Absher/John/Butte/MT

• 3 months later...

I just realized this wedding was supposed to be this past Saturday, November 1. I hope she'll post photos somewhere. I'll bet she was a beautiful bride and there was no talk about death at her ceremony!

So glad she was able to dodge the Maxwell's and that she found love. I hope they have many years or happiness!

If she had married Chris she would be known as Sara Marie Maxwell.

Indeed -- even though her middle name is Nicole. Gotta keep with the X-Marie nomenclature!

mom:

facebook.com/tricia.smith.501

sara: facebook.com/sara.n.smith.18

John: facebook.com/john.absher.129

Photographer: facebook.com/AlyMartinPhotography

Archived