IGNORED

Sara Smith (Chris Maxwell's ex) is getting married!

WonderingInWA

Well, well, well, Sara Smith, who was once engaged to Christopher Maxwell but was cast off from the Maxwell compound under mysterious circumstances, is getting married in November.

I'm happy for her. She's a fundie, but she has a lot of spunk and doesn't wear frumpers and never, EVER would have been happy at the compound.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's lived on her own, traveled a lot with her job and mission work, and -- gasp! -- they met on eHarmony! You go, Sara!

She's lived on her own, traveled a lot with her job and mission work, and -- gasp! -- they met on eHarmony! You go, Sara!

Right there shows she would have not been happy in Maxhell. I am surprised that she even got engaged to Christopher. I am guessing that things happened during the engagement that showed that she would not be a suitable Maxhell helpmeet, so she was cast out.

It makes you wonder how she ever got hooked up with the Maxwells. Must have met them at a conference. She later worked for Gothard (but quit that job a year or two ago, I believe), so she's got "a past" in that regard. She wears bright colors and skirts mid-knee. She would never have been happy wearing frumpers (and making them herself!) for the rest of her life.

Is this her third engagement? I think she was in a courtship or engaged before or after her relationship with Christopher ended. I also remember hearing she was a little obsessed with one of her exes.

Bless her heart! I am so happy for her. I always thought she seemed very sweet :) She would have never made it in Maxhell.

Is this her third engagement? I think she was in a courtship or engaged before or after her relationship with Christopher ended. I also remember hearing she was a little obsessed with one of her exes.

Yes, it's her third engagement. She was engaged to another guy after Christopher Maxwell.

I'm excited for her, she has always seemed very genuine.

They are FULL FRONTAL HUGGING in one of the pics on their wedding site. She definitely would not have been a good fit for Maxhell!

I saw that, too. Lots of touching. That would NEVER have happened at the compound. She is going to be a beautiful bride and hopefully not dressed in an ill-fitting homemade gown so common among the fundies.

I wonder what her fiance does? He said he moved from Montana to Wyoming (or maybe the other way around) so wonder where they will live?

Wow, she wears colorful stylish clothing, red lipstick, sleeveless tops, travels, teaches piano lessons, goes to a real church, has friends in her wedding party, and has an intended who comments on how attractive he finds her!

That is not what we call Maxwell-approved. But it is what we call a narrow escape ;)

Good for her :) She would never have been truly happy with Chris.

No she would not have been happy w/ him. When was she engaged to Christopher Maxwell.

No she not have been happy w/ him. When were they engaged?

Looks like they had an engagement party in mid-July based on the dates of the photos.

Good for her :) She would never have been truly happy with Chris.

Strangely enough, I do think Anna Marie is happy with Chris. The Maxwell family would be my worst nightmare to marry into but I think she fits in & is content. Her smiles in pictures never give me pause. It probably helps she isn't as worldly as Sara Smith. I'm glad Sara escaped, though, and wish her the best!!!

Just skimming her blog and way back near the beginning she mentions how she loves penguins…

…

Is it too late to introduce her to the Arndts?

:wink-penguin:

She would have never fit in Maxhell, that blue and white tiger print number she is wearing in the photo on her blog would have made Stevehovah & Terrified apoplectic. Not frumpy enough and not beige, fashion choices like that might give Sarah bad ideas. :stir-pot:

I was surprised when I saw her blog, because I was expecting a woman in her mid-twenties, but she looks a bit older. Mid-thirties, maybe? I suck at judging people's age. Then again, if Chris "graduated" from homeschool in 97 that puts him at around 35.

At any rate, I see this as a good thing. There's only so many precious blessings she can have before her ovaries give up the ghost.

She is 30. It is the hair that makes her look older. She needs a good haircut and professional color. Plus some of the outfits, while they have plenty of personality, are a little gradma-ish.

Is she only 30? She definitely looks older than John (the fiance). Her sense of style I think is a combination of still dressing conservatively (she did, afterall, work for Gothard for a few years!) while trying to get somewhat stylish. Her choice of bright colors and patterns are maybe what seems like "resort wear"? I dont' know -- I think she's pretty stylish for a fundie.

Yes, it's her third engagement. She was engaged to another guy after Christopher Maxwell.

I'm excited for her, she has always seemed very genuine.

I hope the third engagement leads to marriage for Sarah Smith -- she missed a bullet with Christopher Maxwell.

I don't think she was necessarily obsessed with the second ex. As I recollect, she was in love and told that she was putting her relationship with him above God, or some such garbage.

Archived