IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I don't find Bert any more rude than Joshua (aka Clinique Counter at Tom and Lorenzo's blog) or Anthony Ryan (Uniball). Joshua, in particular, was just nasty to Becky. Both Joshua and Anthony Ryan wrote off any contribution from Becky and Bert because they're not twentysomethings. From the beginning, they -and teammates Anya (aka Miss Universe) and Laura Kathleen (aka, Blenley aka Missouri Barbie)- were not interested in any ideas that Becky and Bert had.

This was one of the worst PR challenges ever.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm losing interest in this show. The first 3-4 seasons were "must see tv' for me. With this group (and some of the others) I don't even know the designers names, other than a few stand outs. These designers are becoming increasingly generic to me, and I find my attention wandering from the show. :(

I'm losing interest in this show. The first 3-4 seasons were "must see tv' for me. With this group (and some of the others) I don't even know the designers names, other than a few stand outs. These designers are becoming increasingly generic to me, and I find my attention wandering from the show. :(

I'm with you. I think the need to do what Top Chef did for its last season and have the next season be an all star season where they bring back past contestants, especially from the earlier seasons. Also, the need to move it back to a 1 hour, its hard to keep my attention for 90 min.

They are going to do an all-star season next. I'm sure when it starts -early next year I think.

If you've caught any of the reruns of seasons 1-5 -and in particular 1-3- on the Style network, you can really see the difference between the show then and now. It was so much fresher and much more fun in the early season. I think the biggest problem is that the show is no longer produced by Magical Elves (the original production company who still produce Top Chef), but by Bunim-Murray who are best known for the Real World.

They are going to do an all-star season next. I'm sure when it starts -early next year I think.

If you've caught any of the reruns of seasons 1-5 -and in particular 1-3- on the Style network, you can really see the difference between the show then and now. It was so much fresher and much more fun in the early season. I think the biggest problem is that the show is no longer produced by Magical Elves (the original production company who still produce Top Chef), but by Bunim-Murray who are best known for the Real World.

Good hopefully I can be invested again, but they really do need to bring back contestants from the early seasons, I do love to catch them in reruns, they remind me why I liked the show.

Something has been off ever since it went to Lifetime. First, that was that disastrous LA season. The next season they had was just a snooze, in fact I can 't remember anything about it except for the bikini from hell. Then last year, I thought it got a bit of itsspark back, the challenges were more inspired, and they had some great drama, then bam the awful finally where Wretchen beat Mondo. If I had been on for this season, for the last challenge I would have made Nina a pair of Wretchen-inspired granny panties and then when I showed up in the bottom two, be like, "WTF Nina, you loved them last year!"

The move to Lifetime prompted the production company switch from Magical Elves to Bunim-Murray. You may recall NBC Universal sued to keep Project Runway from moving to Lifetime and there was a longer than usual gap between seasons 5 and 6. I think one thing that's hurt the show has been that Lifetime doesn't show reruns like Bravo did. Bravo would rerun the show right after the original broadcast, usually show it again the next day and frequently showed marathons of the previous episodes. That's a great way to build up knowledge of the designers. We see the Lifetime shows so little, it's hard to really remember the designers from the Lifetime seasons. I can recall pretty much every designer from the Bravo seasons, but have a very hard time remembering all but a few of the Lifetime ones. I can fairly easily recall Gordana and Carol Hannah from season 6 because they were our hometown girls. About the only designers I remember from season 7 is Seth Aaron Henderson, the winner, and Mila Hermanovski who I disliked.

According to Wikipedia, the designers on the All-stars are Austin Scarlett (season 1); Kara Janx (season 2); Elisa Jimenez, Rami Kashou, Sweet P (all season 4); Jerell Scott, Kenley Collins (both season 5); Gordana Gehlhausen (season 6); Anthony Williams, Mila Hermanovski (both season 7); April Johnston, Michael Costello, and Mondo Guerra (all from season 8). Now that I type his name I can recall Anthony, too. He was such a teddy bear! Notice that there are no designers from season 3 in the all-stars.

Joshua was so very nasty to Becky. She does not design dowdy for the 40 to death set.

No, she doesn't. However, I will give Joshua total props for knowing the gifts of those he chose for his team. Becky's clothes do not seem dowdy to me, but neither do I love them. They're just OK. OTOH, Anya has, for my money, designed some very chic stuff. Can she sew? Probably not enough to get her through too many more solo challenges. But Joshua saw that, and it was his team, and he knew what to have his team members do.

I guess I just don't like Bert. His designs aren't all that and he does not seem interested in getting along. He as much as said so this last episode. In the past, when a designer takes the "I'm not here to make friends" attitude, they have immediately lost my support (FWIW, nothing). I don't think AR was prepared to deal with with Mr. Obstreperous and his work suffered. Perhaps he learned something.

I thought having them run a lap to decide team leaders was a bit evil. :evil:

I thought having them run a lap to decide team leaders was a bit evil. :evil:

Yeah, what a way to make sure that the team leaders are the guys in their 20s!

Wow, last night was a whole lot of ugly. I'm not sure I liked any one of them. Bruce's was bad. It made his model look 7 months pregnant and the top reminded me of Rainbow Brite.

Wow, last night was a whole lot of ugly. I'm not sure I liked any one of them. Bruce's was bad. It made his model look 7 months pregnant and the top reminded me of Rainbow Brite.

twin2, do you mean Bert? Bert's design was the only one that was avant-garde. Avant-garde isn't necessarily meant to be wearable; it's supposed to push the envelope.

twin2, do you mean Bert? Bert's design was the only one that was avant-garde. Avant-garde isn't necessarily meant to be wearable; it's supposed to push the envelope.

Yeah, I meant Burt. They are so boring I can't even keep their names straight. I agree that it was the only one that pushed the envelope, which was why I was happy he didn't go home, but his model still looked like a pregnant Rainbow Brite. I remember the avante garde challenge they did back in Christian S.'s season. Not all the designs were wearable, but they were all pretty and looked expensive. Most of these looked like cheap craft projects to me, including the winner.

I was amazed the judges showed Laura so much love. I hate hate HATED that thing. Maybe I am obtuse but I didn't get this fabulous hard-soft connection they raved about. With or without the boning underneath it just looked like one of those toilet paper frocks we used to make at Girl Scout camp.

Were I Joshua C, I think I'd just go back to being a cater-waiter or whatever. If Heidi has auf-ed you twice, perhaps you aren't meant to make it big as a designer.....

I've only got a handful of TV stations, but man, I love PJ. In a few weeks I'm going to be in a fashion show, which is huge for me, though it's not modeling that's my dream. I'll be showing off one of my creations. Which reminds me, order new business cards....

Congratz, Elle, let us know how it turns out.

I hated to see Becky go but her design wasn't good. I also hated the way Josh bullied her and even Bert. I can't believe that he went so off over a muffled curse work in an aside. The man has major problems.

Congratz, Elle, let us know how it turns out.

I hated to see Becky go but her design wasn't good. I also hated the way Josh bullied her and even Bert. I can't believe that he went so off over a muffled curse work in an aside. The man has major problems.

Lillybee, do you ever hang out at Tom and Lorenzo's blog? It used to be called Project Rungay. Anyhow... Their post on Saturday was mostly about Josh. TLo said that Drama Queens were like a thunderstorm; Josh is a Drama Vortex, a Category 5 hurricane of drama.

TLo also has the pics of final collections, both real and dummy, posted. I haven't looked at them, but I understand that Josh's collection's is really, really bad.

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2011/09/pr-team-dsm-iv.html#disqus_thread

I wasn't sorry to see Becky go. I didn't really like any of her designs (except the avant garde gown based on the art student's work) and she was a bit whiny for my taste. You can kinda tell when someone starts the hand-wringing, they are on the way out.

I have just been spoiled. I know the top 4 winners on Project Runway all stars.

Let me see... The bitch Josh is definitely one of them.

Guest Anonymous
I am so bored by tonights episode.

I totally agree with you. Sooooo boring. I won't miss Oliver, either. His clothes were always the same. And all of that crying about how he didn't want to make clothes for "fat people?!" Grow the eff up, dude! People come in different shapes and most of us are not models. And his guy was tall, but not remotely fat in the first place, not that the whining would have been okay even if he was. Oliver was just being a douche.

The best part of the whole episode was Glambert cackling his head off while the judges ripped everybody to shreds.

I totally agree with you. Sooooo boring. I won't miss Oliver, either. His clothes were always the same. And all of that crying about how he didn't want to make clothes for "fat people?!" Grow the eff up, dude! People come in different shapes and most of us are not models. And his guy was tall, but not remotely fat in the first place, not that the whining would have been okay even if he was. Oliver was just being a douche.

The best part of the whole episode was Glambert cackling his head off while the judges ripped everybody to shreds.

I'm bored by this entire season. The all-star season better be stellar or I'm out. I definitely will not miss Oliver, he was as annoying as hell.

I like that the band had a sense of humor (I'll just go up in a sock), but agree that this was kinda boring. There's no stand out this season. It's all rather.... blah.

Egad, the poor lead singer in those braids! All he needed was one of those Viking helmets and a sword and he could have sung The Ring Cycle. I didn't much like anyone's design, though. Good riddance to Olivier. It's one thing to have time management problems, but when you bitch about your client's proportions, you're apt to lose a client. I hope he has a nice life making clothes for his mannequin!

Archived