IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

They went to Mood once this season.

I'm so glad they got rid of Blake. I was afraid they were going to keep him around all season for his "personality." But, man, that bra was the saddest thing ever.

I really didn't like Merline's winning bra. Maybe it's because I have boobs and would never be able to wear it.

A lot of what is made in PR cannot be worn by anyone who has a bra larger than a training bra. In fact, a lot of it can't be worn by anyone in a bra.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what is up with Swapni's bra. The only shirt you could wear with that is a turtleneck as there are straps going every which way.

Swapnil needs to get over himself.

I really liked Ashley's Polaroid dress and wanted it to win, but I'm okay with the look that actually won. It was well done.

I felt really bad for the guy who had to leave because of his dog. Poor doggy. :cry:

Swapnil needs to get over himself.

I really liked Ashley's Polaroid dress and wanted it to win, but I'm okay with the look that actually won. It was well done.

I felt really bad for the guy who had to leave because of his dog. Poor doggy. :cry:

+1

Either Ashley or Kelly winning would have been fine by me. I was hoping for the rare tie.

I LOVED Ashley's Polaroid dress! It was so cute and the technique she used was very creative, but I totally understand Kelly winning too. Her dress looked awesome and could be seen remade with real fabric and sold. Loved it too.

I don't understand what prompted the anti-Swapnil edit this week. All season he's had great edits and making him seem like a front runner and very positive and the all of a sudden they're making him out to be a lazy half-asser. Very strange, but maybe they're setting up a related drama yet to come?

Lori/Laurie is extremely lucky she didn't go home with that hot mess. WTF? Those shorts were a disaster. The top was a disaster. Her poor model.

I'm glad Tim hasn't used his save yet.

The top on Swapnil's was very pretty, but I didn't like the color of the bottom. I was surprised he was in the middle.

I quite liked the winning look. Very pretty.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Edmund being voted out the show before the finale, was a plot twist.  I seems like they put a lot of emphasis on Tim not using his Tim Gunn save, except for that last episode, not a single mention of it.  I was expecting Tim to save him the last 2 or 3 minutes.  Then the first 5 minutes of last weeks show, Edmund was "saved."   I am happy to see Edmund out there, and I think, regardless of who wins all 4 of them will come out on top.  Each one has a niche and could all be extremely successful.   I think any one of them could win.   

I have a prediction, we will see Swapnil on a future episode of All Stars.    

Well, Tim did use his save on Edmund at the beginning of the next episode which was part 1 of the Finale.  

I have no idea who will win and don't much care except that I am pulling a bit for Ashley since she designs for a niche market and had to put up with that junior high mean girl shit earlier in the season.

Someone on Bitter Kittens posted that TLo or maybe blogging Project Runway had posted a few years ago about an intern who'd found a notebook with the order in which contestants were to be eliminated.  If that is true, that explains why there is so much evident producer elimination on the show.

We've also talked on BK about how many more seasons this train wreck of a show might have left.  I hope no more than one. For one thing, they are scraping the close to bottom of the barrel as far as commercial support with Mary Kay and Sally Beauty.  What's next? The Wet n Wild makeup consultant?

Wow do I not like Kelly's clothes. So tacky.

I like Candice's stuff, even if it is a bit dramatic.

Ashley has some nice things, but as a wearer of plus-sizes, I can honestly say that I have zero desire to wear a croptop or any other kind of midriff-baring garment.

Edmond's stuff didn't make much of an impression, and I'm very concerned about him showing up with so much work left to do.

And yeah, this show is on its last legs.

I know, I keep falling asleep watching it.  The season seemed to start out well, but got dull fast.

No clue on who will win

• 2 weeks later...

I was happy finding out who won. I think that a line of fashiony plus sized clothing is something that will succeed.

I was happy finding out who won. I think that a line of fashiony plus sized clothing is something that will succeed.

I do to. However, I will say that I really didn't care for her collection that much.  I admire her wanting to dye all her own fabrics but hated the color pallet. The dresses, felt very mother of the bride, if they had been lined.  And the non-dresses really made no sense to me.

Frankly, I didn't really like any of the collections. My 'favorite' if I had to pick one was Edmond's, but it was boring and nothing you couldn't buy in an upscale department store right now.  Kelly, had the most original and cohesive POV, but the cloths were at best nothing special, and at worst ugly and cheap. Candice's collection is hard to describe.  Though I agree that with all her props it would have been to costume-y, but without them, the collection was dull, and just seemed to be a bunch of cloths she designed for herself.

Overall, I thought the season started out strong, had some good challenges and designs, but it got dull by about mid -seasons and never recovered.

I pretty much agree with Twin2's take on the designers and their collections.

I don't watch the Jr version. Do they keep the same kids for the whole season? Or do they have a different group each week? Or what?

Anybody (other then me) gonna watch PR: Teen Drama?

Not me.  I don't watch any competition shows that involve kids, I just don't think it is right.  I hope they do another all star season or something, I may have to give up on PR pretty soon, it is just getting too dull.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still so happy about the winner of this season. This is huge for plus size fashion. I've been watching the Jr, and I'm liking it so far! Not quite as interesting as the regular version, but it's awesome to see such talented kids.

• 1 year later...

We just got TV back after 8 years! It just worked out well with our current internet option. Anyway, one of my many reasons for cutting the cord was that the only thing I really cared about watching was PR. Anyway, the other night I was trying to hang out with my husband while he was studying (He is currently a FT grad student) I landed on PR. PR and the Golden Girls are pretty much the only thing I watch.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:38 PM, countingon said:

I binged on PR with my boyfriend this weekend to catch up.  It's way too addicting.  Early faves? People you can't stand?

I think the twins are getting on my nerves. At first I was ok with it. But this last episode, it's not cute anymore. I like Brandon. The guy who never made womens clothing. His style is nice. Not something I would wear but I like it.

I, too, can't take the twins.  They both speak as if they were on the Broadway stage.  They like to e-nun-ci-ate!! It is very unsettling to me. I think they would be less annoying if one of them went home. Or better still, both of them.  That being said, I did like the long, silver pjs that one of them made last week.

I do like that they have different sized models this year.  That is kind of interesting.  One thing that bugs me, though,  is that they keep showing the promo with some of the designers saying that the larger models are "real" women.  Just because a woman is skinnier or less shapely doesn't mean she isn't a real woman.  I get what they are trying to say--that the bigger models are more typical of most of us (me included--I am def. a big boobed, curvy girl!), but just the same, I am not comfortable with the implication that you have to be curvy to be "real."

I am also intrigued by the Muslim designer--it is kind of cool to see her modest designs translated into fashionable clothing. 

I don't know about favorites for me yet--I seem to fluctuate week to week.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Kentaro and Brandon and I despise, loathe, and abominate the twins.  One of them is gone now and we'll see next week how the cheating scandal pans out.  I didn't like how the remaining twin seemed to be copying the winning look from last week totally rattling Margarita and then the blouse Claire showed on the runway seemed to be changed from that design.  I think Michael is just not having any producer manipulation bullshit.  

Is it too much to hope that this is the last season?  It should have ended years ago.

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I like Kentaro and Brandon and I despise, loathe, and abominate the twins.  One of them is gone now and we'll see next week how the cheating scandal pans out.  I didn't like how the remaining twin seemed to be copying the winning look from last week totally rattling Margarita and then the blouse Claire showed on the runway seemed to be changed from that design.  I think Michael is just not having any producer manipulation bullshit.  

Is it too much to hope that this is the last season?  It should have ended years ago.

The twins can't design. Stunt casting. And it doesn't seem, per social media anyway, that the audience is liking it at all. Hopefully, they get the message and don't try it again. 

Claire's outfit this week was available in any number of discount chains this spring. Pretty sure I saw variations on that top at H&M and Kohl's both. And Old Navy did an entire line of cropped print pants this spring. So, yeah, that is not runway material unless it's "Project Cheap Ready to Wear". 

I'm curious as to what the other designers have seen that they perceive as cheating. I've seen rumors online that she has tape measures and/or other things for patterns in her room. Patterns are not allowed unless they make them on the spot in the work room. Someone was kicked off way back in Season 3 for having brought pattern books with him. 

I loved Kentaro's dress.  It is nothing I could ever where (and where would I wear it?), but the model looked so pretty in it & it was so floaty.

Yes, annoyed at the holdover drama this week and last.  I just like to see pretty clothes.

image.png

Soooooo happy the twins are gone. Couldn't stand them. Love Kentaro and Brandon's designs. I thought the pink ruffled design fit more with the challenge and the silver jumpsuit while cool didn't.

Archived