IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah!! I was disappointed with the first couple of seasons on Lifetime, but last season they seemed to get their groove back. Interesting challenges, good designers, awesome bitches (Poison Ivy), underdogs, a good balance between talent and drama, BUT then the finale.

Nina Garcia better show up to the first runway wearing a pair of Wretchin's granny panties to justify her win over Mondo last year.

Guest Anonymous
Oh yeah!! I was disappointed with the first couple of seasons on Lifetime, but last season they seemed to get their groove back. Interesting challenges, good designers, awesome bitches (Poison Ivy), underdogs, a good balance between talent and drama, BUT then the finale.

Nina Garcia better show up to the first runway wearing a pair of Wretchin's granny panties to justify her win over Mondo last year.

Hear hear! Mondo is darling and his clothes are so interesting and fun. That man has a way with a print. I can't understand why he lost. Gretchen's collection was like - hippy granny got lost in the jungle. I *like* hippy clothes, and I couldn't stand her stuff.

Have you seen this video of Tim Gunn talking about it? Check the little gesture at the end, I laughed.

jylALE1-H-Q

*Edited because I riffled.

I love Tim Gunn.

Oh yeah, what the hell was up with Gretchen's hair. That was the fugliest mullet I've ever seen.

I didn't start watching PR until a few drag queens the ex knew were on one episode, so I turned in and now I am very hooked.

I watched last year and I was annoyed by the way Michael Costello was bullied. I read the thread on TWOP and became engrossed on his back story. It turned out that he was Rom. He married very young and had two children. But his problem is that he knew he was gay from a very early age. It must have been a nightmare for him growing up in that culture, probably as hard as if he were born QF. He is out now, and good friends with Mondo. He has a partner and is raising his son but is not allowed to see his daughter. He still does a lot of designing for red carpet appearances.

Oh, man, Gretchen. I hated her stuff. If you've lived in the Southwest, you can find stuff exactly like it (only better) in any thrift shop around town. She was so pretentious!

I don't know her name, but one of this season's contestants is an ex-fundie woman.

OK, the whole first half hour of this was completely pointless. I hope it gets better asap.

There are too many contestants to keep straight, so I don't have much of an opinion on them yet. I don't disagree with the one sent home. Those pants were awful. My favorite design didn't make the runway. I really like the dress by Bryce (I think). It was a gray dress with really big sleeves that hit at the hem line of the skirt.

Guest Anonymous

I like Bert! Poor guy has had to deal with some awful crap in his life, I admire him for pulling it back together after he went off the rails. He said he used to work for Halston and he had a *very* Halstonesque dress on his rack of clothes. I think it's cool that he showed the younger designers what was what - and I got a laugh out of him using his boxers to do it. I did like his garment but Michael Kors was right, the styling was bad.

I like the younger guy from Louisiana, too. I haven't gotten everyone's names sorted out yet. I'm shocked that the one girl who has only been sewing for 4 months did so well, that was impressive. I got a kick out of Fellene(?) with the vomiting clown applique.

I don't know her name, but one of this season's contestants is an ex-fundie woman.

Becky. I hope she makes it long enough that we get the narrated backstory with pictures.

Becky. I hope she makes it long enough that we get the narrated backstory with pictures.

Yep, she's Becky Ross. I hope she'll be around long enough to get her backstory, too. I did like what she made tonight and I loved even more that she asked Tim if she could put on a bra before the jammie-clad designers left Atlas to walk over to Parsons.

Bert's my early favorite. I'm so glad he won the first challenge!

Aside from Wrechen, those who win the first challenge do not win the show but I hope Bert may win. I was surprised that Gretchen didn't judge what designers would get on this season. Mondo did.

Aside from Wrechen, those who win the first challenge do not win the show but I hope Bert may win. I was surprised that Gretchen didn't judge what designers would get on this season. Mondo did.

I kind of wonder how successful Wretchen has been since the show. She pretty much outed herself as an enormous bitch to the entire world, and how many people are going to hire her after she treated her coworkers like that? That's in addition to how outdated her sense of style is. I don't know anyone who would actually wear any of the junk she designs.

Wasn't there another person who was raised fundie besides Becky? Also, Wrechen was so rude to everyone and everything around her but I really liked the winner last year. At least I think he won. He was a judge last episode with the black clothes. As I remember, he was so nice. At least compared to Wretchen, I mean.

So far I'm liking Bert, Becky and, surprisingly, Anthony Ryan. I was not impressed with what I saw of him pre-show, but he looks like he could be fun.

Wasn't there another person who was raised fundie besides Becky? Also, Wrechen was so rude to everyone and everything around her but I really liked the winner last year. At least I think he won. He was a judge last episode with the black clothes. As I remember, he was so nice. At least compared to Wretchen, I mean.

That was Mondo, the guy who SHOULD have won. Instead they gave it to Wretchen. :evil:

That was Mondo, the guy who SHOULD have won. Instead they gave it to Wretchen. :evil:

I'm still waiting for Nina Garcia to strut her stuff in Wretchen's granny panties. Hedi rocked Mondo's dress at a movie premier!

Shoobedoo wrote:

Or Seth Aaron. He was in on a bunch of the auditions. He won the year before Gretchen. I think.

Poor guy. It can't be easy to be a gay Mormon.

Oooh, that's who was Mormon? I watched the episode today while I was cross stitching and I didn't see who was saying they were Mormon, haha. I was like *looking down at cross stitch* "WORK IT, MORMON!" without knowing who it was, because that is always appropriate to say while watching PR.

I love Bert and Becky! The girl who has only sewn for 4 months (Anya?) annoys me, but I don't know why. Everyone else is still blending together in my head because there are so many!

I liked Anthony Ryan's best; can't wait to see more from him. I also have this *feeling* that there will be big drama surrounding Anya. She seems to have sandbagged, no? All this, Oh dear, I just learned to sew; then she turned out slacks that the judges were wild for (I was not, but I'm not a judge). And you know they were looking for unfinished seams and crooked hems from her. So I wonder if she is really as artless as she made out to be in the beginning.

Archived